If HBO hypothetically decided to do a flashback to robert's rebellion the cast would be.....

Arianne Stark

All the major player's

Ned- Christian Bale

Robert- cast an unknown actor

Rhaegar- Michael Fassbender

Lyanna Stark- Mila Kunis

King Aerys II- Gary Oldman

Tywin- Daniel Craig

Jon Arryn- Christopher Plummer

It would be in HBO's best interest to create a 10 episode mini series of Robert's Rebellion. HBO could start a mini series after GOT is hopefully finished.

If GRRM hasn't come out with book six or seven in time, they could give him an extra year by creating this mini series.

It would be cool if they did the flashbacks, somewhat in the AFFC season because Jaime and a lot of characters think back to that time in that book. Then they could finish up the flashbacks in TWOW season, that'd be cool.

I'm hoping they'll do this. Especially since we know they already filmed Brandon and Rickard Stark's deaths.

http://cdn.chud.com/2/22/22a78d93_d47daec2_brandon-stark.jpeg

Wow, nice catch. Bout bloody time we got a flashback. I'd been waiting for ToJ to show up all first series, but now Ned's dead surely they can't do it?

To clarify they filmed that scene for the original pilot, not for the upcoming season. They might use it one day, or maybe they cut it because it didn't turn out well.

To clarify they filmed that scene for the original pilot, not for the upcoming season. They might use it one day, or maybe they cut it because it didn't turn out well.

WORLD WHY DO YOU MOCK ME?!!!?

I think it had always been Grrm's plan to slowly reveal most of the stuff through Asoiaf, By the end there might not be much to reveal. And if we know all the 'twists' in advance that might be a bit hard to keep an audience engaged.

Sorry im lazy, I copy pasted someone elses list and put my own names in.

Ned- a young Sean Bean hes perfect imo

Robert- Matthias Schoenaerts

Rhaegar- Ben Foster

Lyanna Stark- Carrie Mullagan

King Aerys II- John Hurt

Tywin- Guy Pierce

Jon Arryn- Ray Whinstone

Arthur Dayne - Domick West

Gerold Hightower - Clive Owen

Jamie Lannister - a Younger NCW

Brandon Stark - Jason Clarke

Rickard Stark - Danny Huston

Howland Reed - Dane Dehan

Honestly the best way to do it would be unknown's, they hit so many spot on on the show.

• 2 weeks later...

I think 90% of the names posted are way too old for the roles they are being associated with. I understand casting a 24-26 year old as someone who is late teens but some of the suggestions are a little silly. Viggo playing a 22 year old Robert would just be absurd. I dislike the thought of seeing Eva Green or Katie Mcgrath as Lyanna Stark, simply because she is meant to be a 14 year old girl who closes in on 16 when she dies...not 25-30....there is a big difference. Also no more Sean Bean as Ned Stark.....even make up won't make him look like a young man.

Rickard Stark is something like 40-45

Ned Stark is 19 or 20 IIRC

Brandon Stark is a few years older...so 22-23

Robert Baratheon is around the same age

Stannis Baratheon is a couple of years younger than Robert......20-22

Lyanna Stark is 14-15

Benjen Stark is 12

Jaime Lannister is 15-16....He still a little boyish

Cersei Lannister is 15-16 obviously the same as Jaime. However with Cersei they could perhaps cast someone a touch older if they want more breathtaking beauty.

Rhaegar Targaryen can be played by anyone between the ages of 20-35 as he is well an truly a man and supposedly beyond beautiful according to Cersei.

Casting wise

Rickard Stark: Kyle Chandler

Ned Stark: Alexander Vlahos

Brandon Stark: Sam Claflin (Looks the part)

Lyanna Stark: Hailee Steinfeld (Performed well in Tru Grit and is also 14) I would also mention Ellen Page as well just as she still has that teenage look even though she's 25

Robert Baratheon: I could actually see Alex Pettyfer as Bob...he would have made a good Jaime a few years ago but now he's definitely a man. Also Bradly James could pull it off as well.

Stannis Baratheon: Not sure

Jaime Lannister: Come back to him

Cersei Lannister: Fanboy response would be Emma Stone :D

Rhaegar Targaryen: Ryan Gosling would be awesome but perhaps too big of a star

Aerys Targaryen: John Malkovich would be pure greatness in this role

So that's my suggestions so far

Archived