hint for stark vengance at end of adwd?

RobbStark1

*Crackpot alert* Maybe Edmure or the Blackfish helped Robb by giving him an 'heir'.. In the Old testament it was a duty of brothers to keep the family line going, maybe uncles too? And Robb did have the Tully looks so no one would ever know as long as everyone just kept their mouths shut.

Genesis 38:8 "Lie with your brother's wife and fulfill your duty to her as a brother-in-law to produce offspring for your brother."

Um no....

Rob "had to be honourable and marry Jeyne"

I think it was pretty obvious she was pregnant long before and he had to marry her

Having said that the heir will not be important (Rob is not a real king, the offspring is way too young) to matter for this story

Um no....

I think it was pretty obvious she was pregnant long before and he had to marry her

That doesn't mean she was pregnant. It means there was a chance she would get pregnant (having a bastard), and also that she'd be 'ruined' for future marriage, and Robb wasn't prepared to do either to her.

If she'd been pregnant for some time Cat would certainly have noticed by the time she gets to Riverrun, and then by the time Robb leaves there'd be some hint of it.

• 2 weeks later...

I can see some Stark vengeance coming up in the next book such as the demise of House Bolton. However, I honestly don't think we will know the for-sure heir to Winterfell until A Dream of Spring (if it is the final book).

Given the pacing of the series, the winter weather, ongoing political mess, and the disparate geographical locations of the Stark kids I'm of the opinion that it will take the entire book to bring them together or at least know where they are.

Remember what Ned said "when the cold wind blows the lone wolf dies but the pack survives."

IMO Bran/BR with all his power will bring the Stark children together. This includes Bran because he is all-seeing and everywhere.

I just want to add this idea: GRRM changed the title away from "A Time for Wolves". The fact he changed his mind could indicate any number of things about what he does or doesn't want to do in the story. I don't know if there will be a Stark reunion. As was said:

Although he's said it himself that he doesn't like the idea of reparation merely because it happens in every Hollywood movie, but rarely in real life

And as for the ASOIAF/Bible comparisons: Just stop. This isn't the place.

I just want to add this idea: GRRM changed the title away from "A Time for Wolves". The fact he changed his mind could indicate any number of things about what he does or doesn't want to do in the story. I don't know if there will be a Stark reunion. As was said:

And as for the ASOIAF/Bible comparisons: Just stop. This isn't the place.

I thought I had heard he changed the title, because it was too much of a spoiler.

A Dream of Spring, keeping in mind the Stark words, and the fact he said the ending would be bittersweet, tells me there will at least be a resolution for some of the Starks.

I thought I had heard he changed the title, because it was too much of a spoiler.

A Dream of Spring, keeping in mind the Stark words, and the fact he said the ending would be bittersweet, tells me there will at least be a resolution for some of the Starks.

I hadn't heard that, but I hope there is, they're definitely due some good luck after all the bad.

I believe it was thus, Tolkien hated 'Return' but loved 'Towers', for their respective spoilerivity and ambiguity.

Speaking entirely on topic, Sansa is heir.

"when the cold wind blows the lone wolf dies but the pack survives." I think Arya misunderstands it's meaning, she sees it in the short term. In the long term her fluid aggressive lifestyle cannot last. A 'Pack' is made up of strong individuals and weaker it is the union that makes them stronger, part of the reason I think Sansa will be the most 'important wolf.'

he married her after he took her maidenhead so she couldnt have been pregnant long before.

Dealing in Medieval time frames I suspect it wouldn't have mattered things are so vague, personally I think Robb was the first, definitely the first to impregnate. But we can't rule out she was a bit wanton, they were implying she was passing off another's child as Robb's, again I don't think she was.

Maybe Jon would be set up as Regent unitl the childs Majority

And I can only hope that the Baltimore Ravens live up to that standard this Season.

Not with that defense they aren't. :drunk:

I have a feeling in the end one of the Stark Children will rule Winterfell in the end, but the Lannisters will be mostly gone by then, they are doomed more from self-destructing.

I have a feeling in the end one of the Stark Children will rule Winterfell in the end

Actually there are hints scattered throughout the series regarding this, "There must always be a stark in winterfell" and jojen saying "The wolves will return" so definitely there will be a stark in winterfell at the end of the series, and they will take vengeance for sure.

You never know LF it may be also his ploy to see how exactly sansa reacts.

This is my first post so be gentle... I honestly think LF is still playing his own game of thrones. He's too smart and calculating to let someone learn his tricks. I reckon if Sansa does learn anything from LF it'll be exactly what he wants her to learn. Or maybe Im giving him too much credit..

This is my first post so be gentle... I honestly think LF is still playing his own game of thrones. He's too smart and calculating to let someone learn his tricks. I reckon if Sansa does learn anything from LF it'll be exactly what he wants her to learn. Or maybe Im giving him too much credit..

:agree:

LF has taken his game as far as it can go. He did well (became a great lord), but he no longer has a way to gain power for himself. The other lords do not respect him enough to follow him which means that his best chance to gain even more power (which i think we all believe he wants) is to have his own puppet who can go further in the game of thrones. He plans on making his puppet Sansa. Through LF's maneuvering Sansa, LF's puppet, effectively has the power of both the warden in the north and the warden in the east. Half the armies of the realm are under Sansa's/ LF's command. Sansa could probably raise the riverlands as well, but the riverlands are so weak right now thaat they are hardly worth mentioning.

No doubt, Sansa will still learn how to play the game of thrones from LF, Whether LF likes it or not.

With Sansa positioned so well, This coming Winter will certainly be a time for wolves.

Um no....

Having said that the heir will not be important (Rob is not a real king, the offspring is way too young) to matter for this story

unlikely since cat keeps asking her about the possibility and it didn't appear to have happened.

You got it right and welcome!

I can't see the Starks really coming back into full force over the next two books, none of the Stark boys will grow up enough in the time that the books are written over for them to come back at the Lannister's and the rest of the realm in full vengeance. It might just be 'winter' is symbolic of dark tidings for the Lannister's and the other Houses that opposed the Starks and brought about the downfall of them.

I can't see the Starks really coming back into full force over the next two books, none of the Stark boys will grow up enough in the time that the books are written over for them to come back at the Lannister's and the rest of the realm in full vengeance. It might just be 'winter' is symbolic of dark tidings for the Lannister's and the other Houses that opposed the Starks and brought about the downfall of them.

You say none of the Stark boys but what about the girls? Either (or both) of them would command respect from North loyalists. Plus Jon Snow is obviously still a Stark deep down. There's enough people that still believe in the north to mount a respectable revolution against the Lannisters.

Winter has come for the Lannisters. I feel it's much more fitting if they're brought down by their own politcal system and duplicity. Exactly what is happening.

:agree:

Now that the only Lannisters thinkers died (Tywin and Kevan) the future of that House seems doomed.

Archived