Opinions on the Sand Snakes

The Great Walrus

They remind me of Euron/Red Viper in their comic-bookness and I think they will impact the story greatly just like Euron or Oberyn. I don't mind characters like them and expect them to be used to to progress the plot on Aegon's side. One of the moments that gave me goose-bumps was how freaked out the Martells maester was that Tyene hugged Doran. I'm pretty sure the body count in KL is gonna go up a notch with the Sand Snakes heading there.

Bye bye: Tommen, High Septon, some tyrells possibly, Other Lannister loyalists.

• 1 month later...

The Dornish are actually annoying, because they've gotten too much hype throughout the books, and yet have failed to achieve something significant.

Yep all of them are annoying, I think some of their POV's weren't even needed.

I heard originally GRRM planned for the dornish to be prologues.

Yep all of them are annoying, I think some of their POV's weren't even needed.

I heard originally GRRM planned for the dornish to be prologues.

Hmm. Then they'll all be dead, and the world would be a trifle happier. I wish Tyrion and Jaime were prologues, but the world isn't a perfect place.

I generally like the Sand Snakes, especially Tyene. I find her personality amusing.

I think the Sand Snakes really make all the events in Dorne more interesting. I hope they include at least Obara and Nymeria and Tyene in the show. They usually chop away a lot of characters!

I don't like them but I can understand why they would be upset with their uncle before he told them his true intentions. Although, with that said they're still extremely rash, arrogant and rude to their uncle. They have no idea how to play the game properly.

I generally like the Sand Snakes, especially Tyene. I find her personality amusing.

I think the Sand Snakes really make all the events in Dorne more interesting. I hope they include at least Obara and Nymeria and Tyene in the show. They usually chop away a lot of characters!

I agree with you. Their role is to make the Dornish plot seem less one-dimensional, to give a sort of internal conflict within House Martell. First of all, I like the notion of Oberyn only having (bastard) daughters and not a single son. Secondly, I see many people condemning their rash and reckless plans for vengeance, contradicting and condescending to Doran at every turn... but they've been completely kept in the dark. Anyone in their position (aunt and cousins murdered by Lannisters, then their own father killed by Gregor Clegane) would desire vengeane, and they're not exactly born of a peaceful father.

I like them. I think they have the potential to evolve into some very interesting characters. Of course, some will die, since this is ASoIaF after all, but a couple of them will go on to do great things. I personally like Tyene, she sounds awesome, and is the least insulting to Doran of the three elder SS's, so I hope she'll live, but I'm not holding my breath. I predict that either Tyene or Nymeria will die at some point, possibly along with Obara.

I think all four of the main ones are interesting characters who might spice things up in the story. Afterall, Obara is hunting for Gerold Dayne, Nymeria is to take a place on the Small Council, Tyene is about to infiltrate the High Septon's circle and Sarella/Alleras is in Oldtwon with Sam. That said, the only one I truly like is Sarella/Alleras.

Archived