Arya's Destiny?

Lady Wylla Manderly

YES. THANK YOU. While she may be different than Sansa, Arya also has a talent for gaining loyalty/companionship from people. I'm actually surprised how many people can't see that.

And I HOPE TO ALL THE GODS THERE IS that the FM thing is not permanent. You're giving me hope as always Florina =)

IMHO it will NOT be permanent. She was told to leave all of her belongings and past behind to join the FM. she did NOT do that. She hid Needle. and when she regains it, that will be the key to bringing her memory back and her heart back to Jon. That will be her ticket out of the FM and back to the pack. After that, it's a crap shoot. but i don't see her dying.

IMHO it will NOT be permanent. She was told to leave all of her belongings and past behind to join the FM. she did NOT do that. She hid Needle. and when she regains it, that will be the key to bringing her memory back and her heart back to Jon. That will be her ticket out of the FM and back to the pack. After that, it's a crap shoot. but i don't see her dying.

People like you give me hope. I like people like you xD

I also always thought that her hiding Needle carried a huge significance (just like Nymeria not being dead despite being "lost") but most people are SO adamant that she will die (mostly because they take Jon's comment in AGoT as a foreshadowing) that I'm in a rather hopeless state at the moment.

Yeah, she never really accepted herself as no one, just put it to the side for a while. Great points. Also, I wonder if Arya hears about the mutiny at the Wall, it will spur her on to Westeros.

Arya_Nym got me on board with Aurane/Arya. Now I can't stop thinking about it!! What is happening?! xD

I have to go back and read the posts, I'll look for Arya_Nym and her persuasive arguments :cool4:

I just like the idea of Aurane trying to be all handsome and touching her arm, and Arya's baffled look and wondering what the heck is wrong with him, what is going on here, and why does he keep ageeing with her even when she's not serious because that would be a horrible idea. Aurane wondering why his looks aren't working on getting to his side, and checking his reflection in the mirror to see if he is losing his mojo.

ETA: Plus it's my crack theory he is the real Aegon Targ.

I have to go back and read the posts, I'll look for Arya_Nym and her persuasive arguments :cool4:

I just like the idea of Aurane trying to be all handsome and touching her arm, and Arya's baffled look and wondering what the heck is wrong with him, what is going on here, and why does he keep ageeing with her even when she's not serious because that would be a horrible idea. Aurane wondering why his looks aren't working on getting to his side, and checking his reflection in the mirror to see if he is losing his mojo.

ETA: Plus it's my crack theory he is the real Aegon Targ.

Oh no, she and I actually discussed this ship a few weeks ago in private messages xD

That sort of sounds like a Westeros sitcom xP Aurane, Stannis, Jon, Arya, Melisandre and Val as F.R.I.E.N.D.S. I want this :blushing:

If she is ever going to leave the FM, she better do it soon, otherwise she will be stuck forever with them (sucessfully erasing her persona) or she will need to go rogue on them.

Crackpot theory of course but It wouldn't make sense for anyone to be able to leave the FM once you have been introduced to all their tricks and magic. The Kindly Man tells Arya that she can leave whenever she wants, but that was before showing her the secret sanctuary with the faces.

If she remains training with them, who knows what other secrets/techniques she will learn? Do you think the most badass assassin guild in the world would then tell her "ok you can leave now"?

She will either leave before there is no turning back, go rogue on a mission (and have FM chasing her for the rest of the books), or kill everyone in the temple to get out...

Edit: question for gamers out there, I'm sure I'm not the only one who sees lots of similarities between the FM and the Dark Broterhood from the Elders Scrolls series, both speak of the assassinations as "gifts", both worship a deity resembling emptiness and the void (Sithis/Many Faces God/Unknown), both charge for the killing but is not always gold, of course both have temples/shrines, etc.

Question is...who was first? FM or Dark Brotherhood?

Dark Broterhood was already in ES Dagerfall back in 1996. Was any of the FM lore by GRRM available at that time? happy coincidense? GRRM is a secret gamer?

Can FM easily recognise when someone has a face on? If not, then it shouldn't be particularly difficult to escape them really.

Maybe Arya will become Shireen, maybe GRRM has messed around with the timelines and she has been since Eastwatch, who knows?

Can FM easily recognise when someone has a face on? If not, then it shouldn't be particularly difficult to escape them really.

Maybe Arya will become Shireen, maybe GRRM has messed around with the timelines and she has been since Eastwatch, who knows?

I got the impression (mind you, this is just a speculation!) that it is a trait that few people possess. GRRM has stated that Arya can see past glamour at some points, and that it was a rare and special talent.

And okay... if your theory is true, as far fetched as it may sound, it would be SO badarse xD

I got the impression (mind you, this is just a speculation!) that it is a trait that few people possess. GRRM has stated that Arya can see past glamour at some points, and that it was a rare and pecial talent.

And okay... if your theory is true, as far fetched as it may sound, it would be SO badarse xD

:agree: You are correct, The Pack Survives. Here is my post on the other Arya thread.

Yes. The Kindly Old Man tells Arya she will learn to spot artifice and glamor as easily as breathing, or something like that. I take this to mean that she has advanced to the point of the Mel and Rattleshirt / Mance glamor. If Arya was at the Wall, she would be able to discern Mel's smoke and mirrors magic trick.

Also, I noticed that she never looks into her Myrish mirror after it became such a focus of her training when she has to learn to control her facial muscles and bring her smiles on command. She also has quit biting her lip, pretty much. The Waif slapped her for it - and I think Arya is afraid that the Waif will slap her again every time she may do it after, so she has really been controlling that tic that was Arya of House Stark.

But back to the mirror, I posed this paradox to the heretics and suggested that Arya herself is so good at spotting a glamor - seeing through the smoke and mirrors - that if she looked into the Myrish mirror, she would only see the reflection of Arya of House Stark. Therefore, Martin uses tactile associations when discussing Arya's application of the hood being placed over her own face with her blood acting like actor's glue - ( The mask is more llike the cowls and face hoods they make on Sci-Fi's Face Off.)

BTW, Black Crow posted a response in the affirmative on the heretic thread, and I think he knows a lot.

The process reminds me of making a face mold for for a mask with plaster. In this parallel, the actor covers his/her face with vasilene (sp), sort of like the blood, to allow the mask to form but not the plaster to be absorbed by the skin. Greasing the face also makes removal of the facial device easier and less painful for the actor. Again, it is how they make the figures at Madam Taussaud's Museum of wax figures. I know the vasilene is not the best analogy to Arya's blood, but I hope you see where I am going.

Arya can spot the FM in the groups she serves at the HofB&W when the moon goes black. Martin tells us so.

Lastly, Arya is a very powerful little lady, nearing the power of Bran. She can even warg Nymeria over water and land.

Well, those are my observations. I hope I explained myself clearly. Posting is so difficult without the facial expressions and hand gestures, at least for me

Arya is going to do some series bloody stuff what exactly only George can say. For her next stage with the FM she may be placed with the Veiled Lady, as hand maiden with a pretty face gathering info on a target. Time to put Arya out of her element, and that means in a dress, there she may kill person X then find out that person X was a good person.

At some point she has to end things with the FM or I don’t see things going ahead. If she just runs away her name will be said and she will be running for the rest or her short life. If she can leave peacefully which she probably still can do, (It’s not like the taking the black were if want to leave you can’t take your head too) she would have to agree never to use her new skills again. So that would only give her one good kill. Be for they find her :frown5: (Now I’m mad)

All so at some point I see her working with or going toe to toe with Varys many of her skills would put her on par with him :cool4:

Arya is going to do some series bloody stuff what exactly only George can say.

I seriously believe Arya is going to make for the Wall soon, but I think the Sam-Jaqen connection at the Citadel is going to be VERY important for Sam to help her find her way back from the FM.

As to Arya and bloody stuff, i really believe that Arya hooks up with Nymeria and her pack of wolves, and hits it to Winterfell. She doesn't know Ramsay is there. now Ramsay has the REAL Arya. but Nymeria and her wolves will hunt Ramsay down, Arya will hang him upside down and flay him .... slowly.... for what he did to Winterfell and her family. This parallels the way Ramsay hunted down, tortured and abused women before flaying them. Go Arya. (and come on NYMERIA!)

Haha, I think this calls for a prayer circle. :grouphug:

I completely agree...though I'd be more than willing to make an exception for little Rickon. ;) Team Manderly!

:lmao:

Once again, I agree, though I'd be hard-pressed to explain my reasoning. It's just something I can't quite put my finger on.

Have to disagree with you on the Sansa non wolf thing. We've seen her wolf come out early on - when she almost pushed Joffrey off the wall. She was also quite impudent with her Septa many times. She is learning and biding her time in environments which have absolutely NO freedom or ability to get out. But when she does really get away from LF - i think we better look out. She is going to be one politically astute, gracious and potentially dangerous full woman. and OH WHAT AN ARC! the last one we'd expect.

< snip >

You've summarised the entire thing better than I could ever have.

Arya has a talent for detecting glamour (as stated by GRRM) which I expect will come handy at some point.

But unlike some others suggested, I don't see a conflict between her and Melisandre at all. If anything, Arya will wholeheartedly support anyone who can bring vengeance to her, whether their methods are questionable or not.

Archived