Are religious people more or less inclined to believe in ASOIAF Gods?

Manderly's Rat Cook

No disrespect to anyone or their beliefs, but I believe the Gods of ASOIAF, are the same as the Gods in our world, just ways our currently (and possibly always) limited minds explain the unexplainable. They create their Gods, just as we do. If there were no intelligent beings here or in ASOIAF, there wouldn't be any Gods doing anything, because without man to create them they don't exist.

But I do have to say, that at least some of the people in ASOIAF actually have things happen that cause them to believe. Like magic. They have far more to go on than faith. If we had the same in real life, God would make more sense......to me.

I see God as a force that binds all life together. I don't assume to know the secrets of the cosmos, and it's painfully obvious it's the same for others. Not everything can be measured. Early man built his mythos by watching the planets interact with each other. Whether there's an intelligent force guiding it all is anyone's guess. It's pretty widely accepted by now that we're living in a multidimensional universe. The mainstream perception on what God is is likely skewed. I'm more prone to believe in God being a sort of force that allows life to exist and procreate in perfect harmony.

To the Op's question, I doubt it.

Archived