Young Griff Casting -Spoilers For ADwD-

Aegon Targaryen VI

And if we didn't cast actors based on past comedy careers, Hugh Lawrie would never have been House

Big name thesps like SImon Callow and Ian McKellen usually espouse the view that the best comedic actors are the best actors. Ronnie Barker always gets good nods.

I think that Jamie Bell would make an amazing Young Griff. He's got incredible acting chops (if anyone saw Nymphomaniac or Hallam Foe they'll know what I mean). He's the same age as Emilia Clarke but still looks youthful enough for people to call him out on being too green to lead. Also, when we first meet Young Griff he seems a normal lad but then he is revealed as angry and intense during the Cyvasse game. Jamie Bell always seems like this too; at first he's just a normal guy and then he goes on to reveal levels of unexpected intensity. Needless to say, he does rage really well. He'd be my first choice.

I like Nicholas Hoult a lot but he's always got this cool, laid-back way about him. Young Griff is definitely not laid-back, especially given developments in the sample Arianne chapters of AWOW. He's a hothead who could potentially turn into a future Mad King. I also rate Eddie Redmayne but he's so sweet I'm not sure I can see him as a Targaryen.

Jamie Bell for the win!

I really like everyone's ideas so far! Here are some other ideas, let me know what you guys think.

Ed Speelers

Cyron Melville

Mitch Hewer

Colin Morgan

Noah Silver

Jamie Blackley

Hugh Mitchell

Sam Claflin

Ben Barnea

Edvin Endre

Ashley Charles

Freddie Boath

Simon Ginty

The normal way into a role like this would be through theatre. Sophie Turner was told about auditions by her drama teacher, Maisie Williams was at a Performing Arts School, and Kit Harrington did an acting degree and a lot of theatre before going up for the part of Jon Snow. I'd guess try and get a role in a local play, and then invite an agent. Even if you don't manage to get the part of Aegon (realistically there's going to be a lot of competition) at least you might have fun and learn some interesting stuff.

So basically you have to know the right people and have connections to ever get a chance, Shagosi? ;P

It probably helps! :cool4:

But that wasn't really what I was trying to say. Generally all actors need to have an agent to get TV auditions. And agents are far more likely to take on a new client if they've seen that actor in a play and know they can pull off a good performance under pressure. Loads of plays have open auditions though. I don't know where you live but you could always check out local adverts, colleges, or twitter.

Well, Aegon is S5/S6, so time has run out. I merely took interest because I match the physical side/looks and can be convincing enough with emotions :P Delusions of grandeur if anything really.

Ah, I don't think there's anything wrong with having delusions of grandeur! How would any of us become grand if we didn't start off by following our delusions? If you're interested you might as well give acting a pop. There's nothing to lose. I did a bit of acting, many aeons ago. It didn't suit me very well but the skills have helped me loads, especially in terms of speaking confidently in public.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived