Pycelle's future

Miko

In an interview not too long ago, Julian Glover who plays Grand maester Pycelle stated that he would have a larger role than in the books and a more distinct character development. This development will be tied to the main story and has been approved by the George.

Anyone have any ideas on Pycelle's role in future seasons? Will he take on the role of another minor character? Will the change be an entirely new addition?

/discuss!

Rumor has it that he will have a love affair with the Queen of Thorns.

Ewwww. Probably one of the wrongest ships there can be. I really hope we are not going to see any more scenes in which we may see him improperly dressed.

Ewwww. Probably one of the wrongest ships there can be. I really hope we are not going to see any more scenes in which we may see him improperly dressed.

:lol:

I wonder if perhaps they've chosen to make Cersei's paranoia from Feast a reality for the show. Having Pycelle switch to the Tyrell side. *shrug*

:lol:

I wonder if perhaps they've chosen to make Cersei's paranoia from Feast a reality for the show. Having Pycelle switch to the Tyrell side. *shrug*

Maybe you are right. But that takes the part of the point of Cersei's paranoia away then. *shrug as well*

^How do ya know that? Also, OP, do you have a link to the interview?

There is a set photo of him meeting up with Tywin, who funny enough is fishing in King's Landing.

Pycelle is well acted in the tv show so it should hopefully good. That said, relative to Varys and Littlefinger he plots far less actively and so I wonder how they'll make him worth the screen time...

I really loved that moment in the final episode of season 2 where he confronts Tyrion, dropping the senile old man act, and mocks him.

:lol: For a minute there, I did not believe this was in-character.

Hmmm, I didn't realise fishing was Tywin's thing.

Still, this scene does look like it will be interesting. My guess is that it will be Pycelle bitching about how useless Tyrion is and Tywin lapping it all up.

You are probably right.

:lol: For a minute there, I did not believe this was in-character.

When searching for this photo, I stumbled over a discussion where someone mentioned Tywin's hobbys are only metaphors. Remember, he was gutting a stag before Robert's death, now he is fishing while planning Edmure's downfall. So we can expect him to cut roses in his garden during season 4...

When searching for this photo, I stumbled over a discussion where someone mentioned Tywin's hobbys are only metaphors. Remember, he was gutting a stag before Robert's death, now he is fishing while planning Edmure's downfall. So we can expect him to cut roses in his garden during season 4...

That is an awesome suggestion, I really really like it.

If the story is followed, Tywin's fishing won't even bring fruit.

Archived