Jon Snow will lose to Ramsay if they battle.

JaegrM

Yeah, this thread is all kinds of wrong. Everyone who discusses Ramsay's ability with a sword does so by pointing out how he doesn't have any. Meanwhile, Jon is something of a prodigy with his blade. Don't think there's even room for arguing the other side of this, to be honest.

He was almost ready to lower his blade and call a halt when Emmett feinted low and came in over his shield with a savage forehand slash that caught Jon on the temple. He staggered, his helm and head both ringing from the force of the blow. For half a heartbeat the world beyond his eyeslit was a blur.

And then the years were gone, and he was back at Winterfell once more, wearing a quilted leather coat in place of mail and plate. His sword was made of wood, and it was Robb who stood facing him, not Iron Emmett.

I thought I had forgotten that. Jon could taste blood in his mouth, from the blow he’d taken.

The memory comes from getting his bell rung.

Still it doesn't take a blow to the head for Jon to go the way of the Incredible Hulk. We see him throttle Alliser Thorne in ASoS so hard he lifts him off the floor and leaves marks on his neck.

I would love Nothing more than John and Ramsay (or Mance for that matter) battling to the death, BUT I think Jon could survive only through a cunning manuever A la Jon tackling Mance.

Agree or Disagree?

And Reasons.

Jonny would totally brutalize Ramsay in a standup 1 on 1 fight. This isn't even wishful thinking. Jon was trained since childhood how to weild a weapon and battlefield tactics. He also occainsionally displays great feats of strength. Ramsay inbook isn't discribed as a great warrior, just ferocious, which probably would get him killed against a skilled opponent rather then it would help him.

Jon lost against Mance because he didn't realize who he was fighting with. Long before he was LC he thought he could take out Rattleshirt when he was summoned by Mance. And he probably could. Mance however is one of the best warriors of the realm, as the Wildlings didn't name him king just because he could sing so well.

Yeah, this thread is all kinds of wrong. Everyone who discusses Ramsay's ability with a sword does so by pointing out how he doesn't have any. Meanwhile, Jon is something of a prodigy with his blade. Don't think there's even room for arguing the other side of this, to be honest.

Jon is skilled, but "something of a prodigy" is a stretch.

He is no Jaimie Lannister or Barristan.

How do we know what Ramsey fights like? Could someone quote me?

I remember vaguely Roose saying something to Theon in ADWD about Ramsay's fighting style. It was the same convo about how they caught Reek stealing perfume because he naturally smelled so bad. That is the only reason I remember that conversation lol.

Jonny would totally brutalize Ramsay in a standup 1 on 1 fight. This isn't even wishful thinking. Jon was trained since childhood how to weild a weapon and battlefield tactics. He also occainsionally displays great feats of strength. Ramsay inbook isn't discribed as a great warrior, just ferocious, which probably would get him killed against a skilled opponent rather then it would help him.

Jon lost against Mance because he didn't realize who he was fighting with. Long before he was LC he thought he could take out Rattleshirt when he was summoned by Mance. And he probably could. Mance however is one of the best warriors of the realm, as the Wildlings didn't name him king just because he could sing so well.

This

I caught a few things upon AGoT re-read that made it seem like Robb often got the best of Jon in the yard.

I don't recall that. Not saying it couldn't happen, but I don't remember any scenes or recollections of their battles in the yard.

If I was betting I would put my money on Ramsey. Yes Jon is better skilled but he has a sense of honor, which is bad for self survival, especially in contests.

Ramsey would cheat somehow, poison Jon before the fight or something.

If it was a war situation and Jon was commander of one army and Ramsey the other then Jon would win everytime.

Still it doesn't take blow to the head for Jon to go the way of the Incredible Hulk. we see him go to throttle Alliser Thorne in ASoS so hard he lifts him off the floor and leaves marks on his neck.

wretches out the spear in the ground with the heads without eye sockets easily while the men struggle with the other two in Melisandre's chapter, when he's angry he goes into berzerker/hulk mode

yeah, this is crazy talk. Jon would beat Ramsay so easily it would not even be funny. Comparing Mance to Ramsay is, I'm sorry, ridiculous and laughable. Mance was perhaps the best ranger in the NW pre-turncloak (according to Qhorin Halfhand, who himself was "legendary" within the NW), and Mance was able to unite 1000 different wildling tribes together through his own ass-kicking capabilities.

On the other hand, Ramsay.....well.....Bueller....anyone. All we have about him is that he's a moron who Roose himself says can get by a little with brute strength but has no training or skill. It's not even remotely comparable with Mance, and likewise Jon. Jon is very well-trained, has stood toe to toe with Mance and Qhorin halfhand, was castle-born, and has been honing his skills for most of the books. Ramsay....well, basically from what we know he's just been raping and killing women and being a moron. He has no castle training, no fighting experience from what we know (besides for attacking unsuspecting opponents and catching them by surprise like Ser Rodrik), no valyrian steel, and no willingness to learn/skill/intelligence.

It's not even a question who would win in a straight-up sword fight between Jon and Ramsay.

Archived