Jon Snow will lose to Ramsay if they battle.

JaegrM

Ah yes. Well, Ramsay has the advantage of not being a wound-ridden corpse, so I'd give him the edge.

well corpeses aren't tauntable

Is there any other instances where we see this besides Jons fight with Mance's Glamour?

Edit: are we talking single combat? And is Ghost included?

does it matter?

wretches out the spear in the ground with the heads without eye sockets easily while the men struggle with the other two in Melisandre's chapter, when he's angry he goes into berzerker/hulk mode

Nice catch, I missed that. Four men, or two men to a spear struggle pulling the other two spears out. Jon is stronger than he looks, and I would like to see how much he has improved since his ordeal with Mance.

Yeah when I read the title of this thread I thought it was going to be a discussion of the different forces that each command, maybe some theories about the pink letter (Admiral Akbar voice: Its a trap!), some plot predictions maybe......Ramsay beating Jon in a one v one fight is just ridiculous....

Yup, we're talking about a fight or even a duel. Not a battle.

View that:

, imagine Ramsay making every single mistake that these guys point out because he was never trained at all, and remember that Jon had 100 times the training these guys have and a bunch of actual, living teachers in a living art instead of a bunch of old, half-understood books.

This video was awesome. Thanks BBE

I think that in pretty much any battle Jon would destroy Ramsay. Especially since Jon would never make the mistake of trusting Ramsay like Ser Rodrik did, not after that letter.... Ramsay would try and set some sort of trap on the Kingsroad maybe, his troops would be better equipped and probably better rested and fed but Jon has earned the loyalty of his troops and even though their weapons are shit and their armor is practically nonexistent, the Wildlings didn't get that name by being Lamb People, they would savagely cut through the Bolton troops to the last man and never break and run....... For the same reason, I predict a Stannis victory in TWOW, mountain claners are badass....

Single combat - No. As people have mentioned Ramsay swings his sword like a butcher cutting meat. There is no style, skill or finesse. All the best swordsmen fight with these attributes. Barristan, Jaime and Loars are all skillful and graceful, Syrio in another example.

Do people think Mance is some sort of nobody that Jon's defeat means he is not good? Didnt the halfhand say that Mance was the best ranger in the watch? He became king of the wildlings, that requires great fighting ability, they only follow strength.

Battle command - Bigger no. Jon is truly Neds son (personality), he planned Stannis' campaign and help the wall against thousands. Ramsay is too easy to provoke, easier than Jaime even. Jon ccould put him in the perfect spot for his men to win. Ramsay is to straight forward and head on.

Fighting like a butcher could actually work to Ramsay's advantage. First, how many people in Westeros have ever fought a butcher before? Arya fought Hotpie but he was only a baker. Most knights and other swordsmen (or swordswenches) train in specific style of combat that has nothing to do with cutting actual meat. Butchers, however, make cutting things an art, and certainly know ways to best separate limbs from bodies. Therefore, Ramsay's butchering skills combined with his innate ferocity would make him more than a match for the lowly bastard.

Fighting like a butcher could actually work to Ramsay's advantage. First, how many people in Westeros have ever fought a butcher before? Arya fought Hotpie but he was only a baker. Most knights and other swordsmen (or swordswenches) train in specific style of combat that has nothing to do with cutting actual meat. Butchers, however, make cutting things an art, and certainly know ways to best separate limbs from bodies. Therefore, Ramsay's butchering skills combined with his innate ferocity would make him more than a match for the lowly bastard.

All of which is useless knowledge if their opponent is wearing armour, wielding a weapon, and has human intelligence.

If Jon Snow was a pig, this argument might have some merit.

Ramsay, like Mance fights with a ferocious style and has been proven Jon doesn't fare well against that Style of fighting whence he fought Mance.

Glamour on Mance aside, it was the speed and ferocity that gave Mance his biggest advantages.

I would love Nothing more than John and Ramsay (or Mance for that matter) battling to the death, BUT I think Jon could survive only through a cunning manuever A la Jon tackling Mance.

Agree or Disagree?

And Reasons.

This OP is pretty much using the classic "vague, no fixed technicality" criteria to determine the outcome. Jon has fought in battles, trained all his life with a sword at Winterfell and Castle Black.

Ramsay hasn't.

All of which is useless knowledge if their opponent is wearing armour, wielding a weapon, and has human intelligence.

Thankfully, Ramsay has all three of these. Probably even more so than Jon does -- especially with regards to intelligence.

Ramsay's mostly been interested in cutting human meat so the argument stands.

Also, Roose likened Ramsay's fighting style to butcher to emphasize his lack of skill. This does nto imply that Ramsay has cut actual meat.

Thankfully, Ramsay has all three of these. Probably even more so than Jon does -- especially with regards to intelligence.

What I mean is, Ramsay has little experience fighting people who have these.

Jon does.

Ramsay's mostly been interested in cutting human meat so the argument stands.

Wait what?

Are you saying because Ramsay likes to torture captives, he's going to be good in a fight against an armed and armoured opponent? What?

Archived