[Spoilers] Adventure Time

armidil0

If this is in wrong forum, sorry!

I was watching Adventure Time when the question of who's Finn's parents were popped into my head. Being an aSoIaF fanboy I got pretty good at figuring out this kind of stuff. Here is what I came up with.

IK+SS=F; Ice King and Susan Strong made Finn. My reasons are listed below.

1. They are the only other humans we know of. The IK is a human, he just got corrupted by the crown, but I'm pretty sure it didn't change his species.

2. Finn shares features with both of them.

2a. IK. IK was Simon Petrikov. As Simon he didn't have a nose, that came up because of the crown. If the IK was to have a child, he would have characteristic of Simon, not the IK since the crown didn't actually change his DNA, just his 'looks'. Finn doesn't have a nose similar to Simon. They also have the same body type, medium height, lanky (skinny).

2b. SS. SS has blond hair, just like Finn. If she was his mother then it would make Simon blond recessive. She is also unusually strong, like Finn (he has the looks of Simon, the strength of Susan).

3. Notes: IK goes after princesses, so does Finn. SS wears animals hats, same as Finn.

Scenario: IK kidnaps SS, the 'princess' of the Hyoo-man Tribe (or, if you prefer that could come later). He impregnates her, and as pregnant, she becomes 'ugly'. In turn the IK kicks her out for not being pretty anymore, and promptly forgets about her (as he is wont to do). An alternate is that she gives birth, then gets kicked out. While in the woods she abandons Finn (where Jake's dad will find him going Boom Boom). SS either goes back to, or finds the Hyoo-Man Tribe and the IK forgets that anything happened, or just never puts two-and two together about Finn.

This could explain why SS was so afraid of everything when we first meet her, because she had a traumatic experience on the surface.

This is far-fetched, I know. But it makes sense. It fits within what we know, and the clues are already there. Could the IK not want to kill Finn (unless feeling completely provoked) because of some sub-conscience knowledge that Finn is his son? Could SS have recognized the baby boy she left behind as Finn? And that's why she warms up to him, and let's him feel underneath her hat?

Anyway, I just needed to get that out. I hope you enjoyed!

Ice King goes after princesses because his warped mine mind remembers his wife being his "princess". I think humans are incredibly rare, and as such it would be a bit of a leap to assume the only other two humans we've met are Finn's parents.

Ice King goes after princesses because his warped mine remembers his wife being his "princess". I think humans are incredibly rare, and as such it would be a bit of a leap to assume the only other two humans we've met are Finn's parents.

I know about the IK and his warped mind with princesses and such. He specifically goes after Princess Bubblegum because she is a scientist like his fiancee was, I think. But I just use that as an indicator that they like the same things/attracted to the same things (and as a childrens show, I think that makes it at least a fair hint of a connection). If humans are incredibly rare the that makes it more likely that the two humans we meet are Finns. Especially if they are located in the same area and are of opposite gender.

I love this show so much. I watch it with Mav - I can't think of another more tragic figure in a child's cartoon than poor Simon. :(

He is one of my favorites. After the I Remember you episode? Almost brought me to tears.

Marcaline(?) the vampire woman might actually know of Finn, but most likely not.

I've actually read speculation that Betty (Simon's fiancée) is PB somehow. I don't really believe it, but I can see the similarity in their looks.

ETA: I Remember You was by far the saddest episode I've seen. :( I teared up. And I adore Marceline. She's my fave.

I'm still catching up on these, but I don't think the Ice King is Finn's dad. It just seems too...easy, which this show seems to avoid like the plague. Also, I thought that Susan Strong and the rest of the "humans" were actually revealed to be just weird mutant fish-people?

Regardless of the theory at hand, I've been meaning to make a thread about this show, because it's goddamn awesome. There's just some fascinating element that I can't describe. The unpredictability of it, I suppose?

Like the episode where Finn has all the little versions of the various characters. It manages to be funny, creepy, and beautiful all at once. Very few shows can do that (let alone an animated children's cartoon).

Also, I thought that Susan Strong and the rest of the "humans" were actually revealed to be just weird mutant fish-people?

Her tribe was mutants, she never took off her hood and she once let Finn stick his hands under her hood, he seemed surprised with what he felt.

Like the episode where Finn has all the little versions of the various characters. It manages to be funny, creepy, and beautiful all at once. Very few shows can do that (let alone an animated children's cartoon).

I haven't seen that one yet. I have to look it up. And what makes the IK too easy? I think it fits nicely, and it adds new twist to their relationship. My pet theory on how Finn finds out is through the Lich and maybe Marceline.

I've actually read speculation that Betty (Simon's fiancée) is PB somehow. I don't really believe it, but I can see the similarity in their looks.

ETA: I Remember You was by far the saddest episode I've seen. :( I teared up. And I adore Marceline. She's my fave.

Can you link me to that PB thing? It sounds really weird, and I only see a little connection.

I love this show so much. I watch it with Mav - I can't think of another more tragic figure in a child's cartoon than poor Simon. :(

Yeah, it was a light punch to the gut, but it did hurt to see how IK went crazy. I guess the same thing sorta happened to Finn in the alternate timeline.

If this is in wrong forum, sorry!

I was watching Adventure Time when the question of who's Finn's parents were popped into my head. Being an aSoIaF fanboy I got pretty good at figuring out this kind of stuff. Here is what I came up with.

IK+SS=F; Ice King and Susan Strong made Finn. My reasons are listed below.

Bla blu blee blu bla blu

Yeah, no I don't like this theory.

Love Adventure time. especially any episode focusing on Treetrunks.

That's interesting, but I don't know if I by it just yet.

Does anyone know why Marceline was in the human world when the IK met her as a child? Shouldn't she be with her father?

I don't think it's been explained as of yet. We know she left the Nite-o-sphere, I assumed that after the nuclear holocaust and meteor slamming the earth the way between worlds opened up.

eta: "Why don't you marry someone your own size? Like my foot! And my fist!" Love the quotes on this show.

That's interesting, but I don't know if I by it just yet.

Does anyone know why Marceline was in the human world when the IK met her as a child? Shouldn't she be with her father?

I think her mother was a human who was killed in the war. Being half-demon was what saved her, as the crown saved Simon. Old Marceline in the Finn the Human episode specified she was half-demon, but she wasnt immortal as she had aged - albeit very slowly. After she was bitten by a vampire she became immortal, which didn't happen in the alternate timeline.

Her mother being human hasn't been shown in the show yet, but it makes sense to me.

I like simple solutions, so mine is: Finn the human is simply a "mutated" reject from the underground Susan Strong tribe (kinda like Leela in Futurama is a mutant from the sewers, her 'mutation' just happens to be more human-looking then theirs) ... who are in turn basically whats left of the real human race (seeing how those were seen as a delicious delicacy by the rainicorns, they put on animal hats to look less obviously human then migrated underground & after enough centuries down there may have developed gills to survive)

so... Finn is a poor mutated baby from the underground people, and his mother probly saw her kid was 'defective' with no gills, so she brought him up to the above side (where he can't drown) and then left him there (where Jake's parents eventually found him .. etc)

So I watched a few episodes of this at a friend's house the other day and I'm hooked. Buying myself DVDs soon with the intention of corrupting my darling niece and nephews when they are 10+ years of age.

Or is 10+ a bit off and they could watch/enjoy it at a younger age?

Mav is turning 5 this week and he loves the show. He was actually Finn for Halloween. :P

Archived