Poorer region: North or Dorne?

The Frosted King

None of them were richer than France.

Silver as a small value compared to gold or other goods, and i'm not sure but outside of westeros we have someone buying Pelts or amber from the North, according to the wiki the main products exported by the North are wool, hides and Timber and in the middle age the value of those products are inferior compared to the exotic products the Dornish export...either way we will only know wich of the regions is poorer if George explicitly say it

Île de France? Gascogne? Burgundy?

Silver is damn valuable. Yes, gold and some spices have more value per gram, but there is a lot more silver than either. What is pelt but hide?

And apparently Dornish fruits ain't too expensive, with basically a begging brother handing them out willy-nilly in the Riverlands.

Île de France? Gascogne? Burgundy?

Silver is damn valuable. Yes, gold and some spices have more value per gram, but there is a lot more silver than either. What is pelt but hide?

And apparently Dornish fruits ain't too expensive, with basically a begging brother handing them out willy-nilly in the Riverlands.

Compared to Gold spices and some other goods it worths close to nothing, and we know that the Manderlys have it but none other house in the North has it..And we don't know the quantity of Manderlys silver or how much of it is exported.

And Meribald has oranges is true but we don't know if they are from Dorne, but we know that lemons from Dorne are expensive and that the Vale and North import it

And we don't know the quantity of Manderlys silver or how much of it is exported.

Well, apparently, Lord Wyman has enough silver to arm his palace guards with silver tridents rather than common spears; an ostentatious display of wealth in valuable oar not seen since Tywin Lannister's gold gilded armored horse.. Plus we all know Lord Wyman offered to mint silver coins a currency for the new Northern kingdom, so i guess he has more than enough silver..

Compared to Gold spices and some other goods it worths close to nothing, and we know that the Manderlys have it but none other house in the North has it..And we don't know the quantity of Manderlys silver or how much of it is exported.

And Meribald has oranges is true but we don't know if they are from Dorne, but we know that lemons from Dorne are expensive and that the Vale and North import it

Where are you getting the idea that Dorne produces spices from?

Where are you getting the idea that Dorne produces spices from?

I would guess the general spiciness of their food is an indication that spices are very present in Dorne. They talk of all Dornish food as it being spicy (at least to the non-Dornish), which I doubt would be the case if they had to import it.

Archived