Bran, Nymeria and Sansa theory...crackpottest of them all

Mladen

Because no one ever gets a second chance. And she didn't blow it. Cersei was going to have the life of a direwolf one way or another. And if GRRM insists all Stark children are wargs, why deprive Sansa of a very special gift?

Well it wouldnt be depriving her of a gift, she can still warg birds as it is heavily foreshadowed. Just cause she loses her wolf doesnt mean she loses her warging abilities, Varamyr lost many of his animal companions and still had the ability.

However i do agree that Sansa didnt blow it, a wolf was dying that night no way you cut it unless Eddard gave up his position as Hand in retaliation for Cerseis irrationality concerning Lady which he wasnt going to do over a childrens squabble.

One issue with this is that Nymeria refuses to mate with any male wolf that tries to mount her. (or ends up basically ripping their heads off)

My theory is that Nymeria will refuse to mate so long as Arya herself has no interest in it. They are linked.

Thus, if Arya ever does start feeling interested in ... "mating", then Nymeria might start to do so.

(Although I must admit this might lead to some unusual "experiences" on Arya's part. Might disturb the readers a bit. See Varamyr for what I mean.)

:leaving:

Because no one ever gets a second chance.

Not in this series. Characters have to live with the consequences of their actions, and Sansa is no exception to that. GRRM loves exposing supposed "second chances" as hollow shams: just as Robb's "second chance" at appeasing the Freys with an Edmure-Roslin marriage didn't save him from being murdered at their hands, Sansa's "second chance" at erasing her disastrous mistake with Cersei--pleading for mercy for her father--was completely ineffective in saving him. Likewise, Sansa isn't going to get a "second chance" at a direwolf when she lost her first one.

And she didn't blow it. Cersei was going to have the life of a direwolf one way or another. And if GRRM insists all Stark children are wargs, why deprive Sansa of a very special gift?

Eh, GRRM has apparently said--according to a post by Trebla paraphrasing GRRM's comments a while ago--that Sansa shares responsibility in Lady's death. Not saying she can't get her warg on with birds and such--Stark kids warg animals that are not their direwolves, after all (Arya with the cat, e.g.)--but she had a direwolf, and she blew it. She may go nuts with the warging, but she's not going to get another crack at a direwolf, or the pups of a direwolf. That ship has sailed.

Aside from all that, this theory is full of holes other posters have already pointed out.

Sansa will get her warg on with the falcons. it will prove she was destined to be in the Vale, and Harry will love her forever for it. The North will not be for her, she will stay in the Vale, and to use the teachings begot to her by LF, she will be a MAJOR player. Nym is gonna help out the wall, have no doubt. And Bran will show Sansa she has the ability by communicating through the "weirnet".

The last time we see Sansa in "A Feast for Crows" she's coming down from the mountain because the Eyrie is unlivable during winter time. We know that the Eyrie is impregnable - the Gates of the Moon, not quite so much. My theory is that they could come under seige by the Mountain Tribes. Maybe Nymeria's pack could play a role in that?

The last time we see Sansa in "A Feast for Crows" she's coming down from the mountain because the Eyrie is unlivable during winter time. We know that the Eyrie is impregnable - the Gates of the Moon, not quite so much. My theory is that they could come under seige by the Mountain Tribes. Maybe Nymeria's pack could play a role in that?

Ha! How ironic her Lannister husband armed the Mountain Tribes!

Mladen- it's crackpot, but that doesn't mean I don't like it. It does just seem a bit idealistic for our fair author. Squeee! Wolf pup! Nymeria is closest to Sansa of all her "family" though IIRC and she could play a role in her freedom or outing as a Stark. I like what A Man Has Said above for this, or some variation. And I do believe Sansa will warg some kind of bird, eventually.

Wow, this is like resurrection of the idea... It's been a while since the last time I thought about this :)

Why would Bran bring them to Sansa? Would he even know it was Sansa if he saw her? No one recognizes her, including her Aunt Lysa, who only knew because Littlefinger told her. Its also told that Nymeria doesnt let any of the other wolves mount her, although in what book or chapter I forget. If I find it ill respond again. Like the idea, but dont see the relevance.

How he couldn't recognize his own sister? After all, Sansa is currently in Gates of the Moon, and there is a Godswood. Lysa never saw Sansa before LF introduced them... It is said that Nymeria doesn't allow other wolves to mount her, but heck, anything can happen.

I like this theory Mladen and props to a well thought out crackpot for once in awhile. i just have one issue with this.

The Stark children have a special magical bond with their wolves we cant understand, will Sansa warging Nymeria affect the relationship between Arya and Nymeria?

Thanks, it is one of my earliest crackpot ideas. No, Sansa wouldn't be warging Nymeria, Bran would only guide Nymeria to Gates of the Moon to protect Sansa... The warging connection is something like marriage, and can't be interferred by others...

Eh, Sansa had a direwolf, and she blew it. She's not going to get a second kick at the can.

This is very wrong thing to say. Sansa's actions had nothing to do with Lady's death...

My theory is that Nymeria will refuse to mate so long as Arya herself has no interest in it. They are linked.

Thus, if Arya ever does start feeling interested in ... "mating", then Nymeria might start to do so.

Well, Arya is someone that represents one side of wolf motif, and Sansa the other side. I believe that with natural growth Arya will experience some notion of sexuality, as Sansa experienced wilderness of wolf motif throughout half the series...

Eh, GRRM has apparently said--according to a post by Trebla paraphrasing GRRM's comments a while ago--that Sansa shares responsibility in Lady's death. Not saying she can't get her warg on with birds and such--Stark kids warg animals that are not their direwolves, after all (Arya with the cat, e.g.)--but she had a direwolf, and she blew it. She may go nuts with the warging, but she's not going to get another crack at a direwolf, or the pups of a direwolf. That ship has sailed.

Aside from all that, this theory is full of holes other posters have already pointed out.

Actually Trebla didn;t paraphrased GRRM's words, he only said that, in his opinion, GRRM indicated that Sansa had something to do with Lady's death. Then, many denied it because it was unclear what GRRM wanted to say. All in all, if we read the books, and not reports from some dinners (no intention of being disrespectful, Trebla), we alone would be able to see that Sansa had nothing with Lady's death... As for pups, this theory was created as a respond to possible need Sansa might need a wolf to start warging, nothing more, and connecting some dots... Theory of course isn't bullet-proof, but it certainly doesn't have as many holes as some would think...

Mladen- it's crackpot, but that doesn't mean I don't like it. It does just seem a bit idealistic for our fair author. Squeee! Wolf pup! Nymeria is closest to Sansa of all her "family" though IIRC and she could play a role in her freedom or outing as a Stark. I like what A Man Has Said above for this, or some variation. And I do believe Sansa will warg some kind of bird, eventually.

Thanks... I am the first one to admit this theory is crackpot, but as said, it is created one night when I discussed warging with some people... It is a bit reaching too far, but there is certain union of three siblings in it that I find interesting. Also, theory dwells on idea that Bran will guide his siblings back to Winterfell (not mentioning how he felt about Sansa after Lady's death - she is lost).

What! It's a reach, and quite fan fic.

Not fanfic, as crackpot... This one maybe isn't my best work, but certainly is far better from what passes here as a crackpot...

edit: spelling

Archived