Whom do you foresee Arya having to marry, if anyone at all?

Who knows what the hell will happen but my wish for the character is that she does grow up and marries Gendry.

Good-looking, strong and skilled, likes her as a tomboy, likes her in a dress, and for God's sake he is protecting orphans. (Gush) :wub: Really, the orphans put it over the top for me. LOL!

It doesn't get any better than that. She can be herself and have the kind of marriage that isn't why she disliked it or was wary of it in the first place. She can be herself and be adored for it.

What's not to love?

Really depends on who rules the Kingdoms and what alliances the Starks will need to make, if the Starks still rule the North...if Arya lives... I think there are too many 'ifs' to really guess.

I agree Dementia and it's proven by the fact that had Arya not escaped KL she would have been forced to marry, most likely Ramsey, the same as Sansa was forced to marry Tyrion, also Cat betrothed Arya to Elmar Frey to seal an alliance.

From the No Featherbed for Me song I got the impression of never but not that she would be opposed to romance.

As for particulars Arya didn't like Tommen when she was around him. Bran and Jon (him especially) didn't particularly like him either.

On Sam, she helped him when she didn't have to but I didn't see signs of anything beyond that.

ETA: Although perhaps if the whole mess hadn't started Ned would have tried to make her marry Cley Cerwyn or something. They sent her south to prepare her for marriage.

By the Old Gods and the New, what a romantic!!!

A pragmatic romantic :) I also know the way Mr. Martin writes....and having stories about children traveling on dangerous adventures together against all odds while discovering important character development and theme that the surrounding elders seem unable to grasp......seems liek someone i may be reading again in the near future :)

Jon has changed the rules at the Wall and he now has women manning one of the towers. My wish for Arya is that she spend her life with him there. I don't think she could ever morph into a normal Lady after all this warring is over, so I think she'd be the happiest with him. She loves swords and Jon- period.

PS: Jon is not dead. I don't even believe that chapter was REAL so don't bring it up.

I would be fine with this as well.

That Chapter wasn't real. It was Bran Greenseeing out of time. He will now have the oportunity to change it. I am thinking with Mormonts Raven. Or...........a giant. Isn't there one near by just dying to be warged?

It would be a twist on the tropes if, when grown, Sansa Stark becomes a virgin queen or virgin Lady and never marries or has children, while Arya falls passionately in love with the adult Gendry or Edric Dayne or someone else and they marry and become Lord and Lady of the Dreadfort (Boltons being extinct) and have five kids.

Arya is still very young; and there are many different directions she could go. I do not think that she will ever be forced into a political marriage, though. I hope she does not become a courtesan or a femme fatale assassin type; because I think Arya deserves better than that.

It would be a twist on the tropes if, when grown, Sansa Stark becomes a virgin queen or virgin Lady and never marries or has children, while Arya falls passionately in love with the adult Gendry or Edric Dayne or someone else and they marry and become Lord and Lady of the Dreadfort (Boltons being extinct) and have five kids.

Arya is still very young; and there are many different directions she could go. I do not think that she will ever be forced into a political marriage, though. I hope she does not become a courtesan or a femme fatale assassin type; because I think Arya deserves better than that.

Afterall the character she was most compared to her aunt Lyanna also fell in love.....after being kidnapped and brainwashed by an evil prince :P

Really, I always saw the Sansa situation and the Arya as ironic, and sucky for poor Sansa.

Sansa does hardly any work to land Joff. Robert pretty much does it for her. She thinks she is getting the future king, a tall, handsome, blonde husband, and she would be a princess and a queen, have blonde babies, and rule from KL. It was always underylying that Sansa was so focused on her wardrobe, appearance, and the desire to excel at sewing, music, etc.

And it led her to a nightmare! Everything she prepared for and dreamed of got slammed.

And then there is Arya who doesn't give a crap...period, about marriage and love and babies and status, and she gets someone (Gendry) who relies on her and seems to gets attached. Can rib her about a dress, knowing who she is and that it is not who she is, and really he is the prince ( great guy.) He values her strength, guile, friendship, and doesn't give a crap how she looks either. If anything he seems more pissed she is a lady because he can't be a lord (or so he thinks). Otherwise, what other beef does he have with Edric? Edric never did anything to him.

I'm actually surprised no-one has said Aegon. Given that there are a lot of parallels between Lyanna and Aegon, she too could perhaps have a Baratheon (Gendry) and a Targaryen fight over her. Although if there's in merit to this then I hope to God she chooses Gendry as Aegon's a spoilt brat who I'm pretty sure the coin for has landed on crazy.

Really, I always saw the Sansa situation and the Arya as ironic, and sucky for poor Sansa.

Sansa does hardly any work to land Joff. Robert pretty much does it for her. She thinks she is getting the future king, a tall, handsome, blonde husband, and she would be a princess and a queen, have blonde babies, and rule from KL. It was always underylying that Sansa was so focused on her wardrobe, appearance, and the desire to excel at sewing, music, etc.

And it led her to a nightmare! Everything she prepared for and dreamed of got slammed.

And then there is Arya who doesn't give a crap...period, about marriage and love and babies and status, and she gets someone (Gendry) who relies on her and seems to gets attached. Can rib her about a dress, knowing who she is and that it is not who she is, and really he is the prince ( great guy.) He values her strength, guile, friendship, and doesn't give a crap how she looks either. If anything he seems more pissed she is a lady because he can't be a lord (or so he thinks). Otherwise, what other beef does he have with Edric? Edric never did anything to him.

Are you implying that anything Arya went through since leaving Kings landing has been anything short of horrible and scaring for any young girl to endure? She wasn't exactly tossed a silver spoon on her way through the riverlands.

I really hope she does eventually marry and have children. I envision her living to a ripe old age and horrifying her children by teaching her grandchildren how to cut purses, pick pockets, and curse like a sailor. She would give all her grand daughters swords for maidens day.

Did you read the correct post?

I am comparing what happened with Sansa's idealistic views and what happened with Joff and how someone like Gendry fell into Arya's lap by destiny. Or serendipity. How ironic life is that when you are not pushing for something....things happen. Opposite things happened to the sisters.

I didn't bring up anything else that happened to Arya. It is not relevant to my point. Not sure how you even came to that conclusion.

Did you read the correct post?

I am comparing what happened with Sansa's idealistic views and what happened with Joff and how someone like Gendry fell into Arya's lap by destiny. Or serendipity. How ironic life is that when you are not pushing for something....things happen. Opposite things happened to the sisters.

I didn't bring up anything else that happened to Arya. It is not relevant to my point. Not sure how you even came to that conclusion.

I read it as Sansa who worked hard at romance and being a perfect lady ended up with Joff....and a miserable life.

Where as Arya who never tried at being a lady ended up with a bohunk like Gendry.

I guess i just don't feel like arya has had much in the way of fate or luck.

Yeah, but then Joe and Maisie perfectly depict what I always surmised from the books, and bringing out the charm, hilarity, and endearing moments to their fullest is not helping me think differently. LOL!

Some scenes and dialogue are different but the show is getting the gist of it.

Archived