Whom do you foresee Arya having to marry, if anyone at all?

I don't see her marrying and wonder why everyone assumes she is heterosexual.

Some people think she could be lesbian or bisexual. Of course it's possible, but I wonder why people think this? Is it because she's a tomboy? Plenty of tomboys are straight.

I think she'll do whatever she wants.

there aren't really that many male high lords around her age. i could only come up with

Trystane Martell

Legitimized Edric Storm (Baratheon/Stark marriage)

Reappeared Tyrek Lannister (Unites enemy houses at end ala War of Roses)

I am sure that just as many lesbians were very feminine in their childhood. I dont think Arya is gay because she is a tomboy.

I am not and the term tomboy does not even cover what I was. I had to climb the tallest trees, jump from impossible heights, play war in the woods with my siblings, watch war movies, bringing home all kinds of mess and creatures home. I was a terror.

heck I even looked like a boy because my mother could not handle my wild frizzy curly hair and kept it cut to what was almost a buzzcut. ( there were 6 of us kids, she was really busy).

By the time puberty set in though did settle down (grew my hair out) and began to notice boys. :bang:

If you go through life assuming everyone is hetero you'd be right more than 9 times out of 10. If you go to the race track and pick 9 winners out of every 10 bets you'll soon be rich. It's a simple matter of percentages.

Assuming that she is of marriageable age before the series ends, a shaky proposition, there are no senior Starks to force her into an unacceptable match. There's just Sansa, Bran, and Rickon. And cousin or half-brother Jon.

All that aside, who is there that could be a suitable match? Why not Samwell Tarly? He'd just have to renounce the Black and his Maester training, but so what? She could do the fighting and he could mind the kiddies.

It will be Tommon. She will not have the heart to kill him when the time comes. She will get him out of Kings Landing when it all comes crashing down......They will eventually mend once and for all the rift between Lannister and Stark and help start the new era.

Hmmmm....

I always thought she would end up with Jon xP

If R+L=J is correct then he would be her cousin.... and apparently cousins are ok marriage prospects in Westeros.

He's probably the only guy she would be ok being with forever, plus it would give Jon another outlet to being Lord of Winterfell :dunno:

Other than that I've thought of Tommen. During the conversation with Ned about marriage he says she would grow up to marry a prince. Thats the only situation in the books where I've heard them use prince to describe just a highborn boy rather than a literal prince, so I contemplated for a while whether he meant an actual prince or a Martell... or a lost targ or something xD

Edit: I also had random delusions that she'd end up with Danny at one point o____________o

I always thought she would end up with Jon xP

If R+L=J is correct then he would be her cousin.... and apparently cousins are ok marriage prospects in Westeros.

He's probably the only guy she would be ok being with forever, plus it would give Jon another outlet to being Lord of Winterfell :dunno:

But they grew up believing they were brother and sister and have a love based on that type of relationship, for that to then turn sexual is just a little too Jamie/Cersei for me. I would hate that. Besides, I want Jon to remain at the wall.

It will be Tommon. She will not have the heart to kill him when the time comes. She will get him out of Kings Landing when it all comes crashing down......They will eventually mend once and for all the rift between Lannister and Stark and help start the new era.

By the Old Gods and the New, what a romantic!!!

But they grew up believing they were brother and sister and have a love based on that type of relationship, for that to then turn sexual is just a little too Jamie/Cersei for me. I would hate that. Besides, I want Jon to remain at the wall.

Jon/Arya is so gross to me, I just cannot deal with it.

If you go through life assuming everyone is hetero you'd be right more than 9 times out of 10. If you go to the race track and pick 9 winners out of every 10 bets you'll soon be rich. It's a simple matter of percentages.

While not intending to turn this thread into a debate on actual sexuality vs. one's sexual self-identification, I have to put in that I think these numbers are overstated. There are increasing numbers demographically which show persons identifying themselves as heterosexual and yet they have been attracted to or had at least one consensual sexual experience with a member of the same gender. The statistics you cite are based on sexual identification, rather than actual sexual behavior or identity. And due to the stigmatization against identifying as homosexual, bisexual or even asexual, most experts agree that most demographics are skewed. By how much is anyone's guess.

However, I also don't agree with speculating about Arya's sexual identity in any fashion at this stage. For most people at her age, any fantasies or speculation about who their spouse will be eventually, or if they'll have one at all, is more about social programming, cultural gender roles and/or one's willingness to say things that sound like rebellion against them. The extent of Arya's optinion on the matter is that marrying a lord or knight or prince and minding his holdfast and having his babies is a destiny for Sansa, and she wants to be like Sansa about as much as Cersei wants to be like Tyrion.

As the novels progress, that might change. The closest we got to her thinking about that kind of thing was around Gendry. But even that didn't really take much shape beyond the bond she felt with him since they were both running from the Queen's men and that she was angry with him for abandoning her to stay with the BwB. She was angry when HotPie wanted to stop traveling with her & settle down, too. She's not looking at either of them as potential husband material, and I don't think she'll really think about wanting anyone that way until her death list is completely crossed out.

Jon has changed the rules at the Wall and he now has women manning one of the towers. My wish for Arya is that she spend her life with him there. I don't think she could ever morph into a normal Lady after all this warring is over, so I think she'd be the happiest with him. She loves swords and Jon- period.

** Jon is not dead. I don't even believe that chapter was REAL so save your breath:)

If Arya can transition into a normal life, I'd rather see her marry Gendry than any high born fella.

|:[

I hate this kind of answer. It actually upsets me. Arya is a little girl when the story begins. Shes also willful and tomboyish. Of course shes not thinking of boys the same way her sister is! Gawds.. Shes young and that sort of thing hasnt really entered her mind yet. If she isnt about dudes, why did she describe Jaqen the way she did? Why didnt she go all "WUT!!!" when the Kindly Man was telling her about that she has the option of becoming a courtesan?

I think the quote is something like this:

"Men would beggar themselves for your maidenhead."

Yet Arya has no response or even a thought about how that might be unpleasant to her.

Agh :tantrum:

At that point she was like 11?

9. Yeah.

Jon/Arya is so gross to me, I just cannot deal with it.

I know right? I love those two but as a couple? Squick. Their relationship is sibling orientated. Not only that, but Arya is said to resemble Lyanna. And if R+L=J is true.......awkward!

As for Arya marrying, she will never marry someone she doesnt want to marry. Thats just how she rolls. Arya will marry when shes good and ready with someone she wants.

I can't see her having to marry anyone. And with the fake Arya married to Bolton, real Arya would have to prove her identity, which might be hard. Besides, who could force her? All other Starks are missing/assumed dead.

If it were her choice perhaps I could see her getting married.

Archived