A discussion of major characters and their crowning moments of awesome

Cersei not panicking at Eddard's threats and holding her ground, her successful murder of Robert, securing Littlefinger/the Gold Cloaks loyalty, arrest of Eddard and butchery of his men, persuading Sansa to write letters to her fam and getting Ned to confess to treason in front of the masses. (before Joff decides to have him executed) - not actually a single moment specifically, but this was all done within a few days period and so I feel it's worthy of being counted as a single moment.

I'm sorry, but despite all the batshit Cersei has done and does later on, and even the few mistakes she makes in her crowning moment(raising Slynt to lord, not predicting Joff's cruelty, trusting Littlefinger as a friend/ally from here on out and even through AFfC) - her actions at the end of AGoT are ultimately masterful and definitely worthy of a "crowning moment of awesome".

Other crowning moments of awesome per character? Try to keep only one or two per post and keep them well thought out, and definitely express your disagreements with others if you do disagree.

NOTE: Characters don't have to be POVs, but they do have to be important enough to the plot and have DONE enough different things that singling out a single moment of awesome requires thought.

Stannis arriving at Castle Black beyond the Wall and crushing Mance's host. Needs no further explanation, really.

Yeah, this is pretty much Stannis's in-story crowning moment thusfar. Giving the fact it was MEL who killed Renly and got him Storm's End, not him. And since he lost at the Blackwater.

Wouldn't surprise me if the sixth book will give us a brand new crowning moment, though, if the sample Theon chapter is anything to judge from. :D

• I think Dany has had quite a few great ones...which often get lost in her quagmire. The burning of Drago to wake the dragons. The defeat of the Undying, defeat of the slavers to gain her unsullied. These were all heart stopping moments for me.

• Jamie jumping into the bear pit.
  • Sam killing the other

• Ones i look forward to that havent happened. Varys, Littlefinger, Bloodraven, Bran, Rickon, Sansa, SANDOR.

"Before I am done with them, Mago and Ko Jhaqo will plead for the mercy they showed Eroeh."

"Khaleesi, Jhaqo is khal now, with twenty thousand riders at his back."

"And I am Daenerys Stormborn, Daenerys of House Targaryen, of the blood of Aegon the Conqueror and Maegor the Cruel and old Valyria before them. I am the dragon's daughter, and I swear to you, these men will die screaming."

:bowdown:

Randyll Tarly- rebuilding Maidenpool and restoring order in relatively short time and a still troubled area.

E.T.A I included this because in a time where all the crowning moments seem to be, he defeated this guy or he insulted that guy, he won this battle, A guy best known for being insulting and winning battles best feat is rather ironically, a good act, that benefits others.

• Ones i look forward to that havent happened. Varys, Littlefinger, Bloodraven, Bran, Rickon, Sansa, SANDOR.

Bran/Summer saving Jon at Queenscrown was an awesome moment.

Also the Halfhand challenging the wildlings was a pretty badass moment

Bran/Summer saving Jon at Queenscrown was an awesome moment.

Also the Halfhand challenging the wildlings was a pretty badass moment

That was a great one for Bran...although i think his big moment is yet to come.

Jon defending the wall against the wildlings was huge. Yet i think he has another crowning moment....mayhap literally :)

Archived