Why The Jon Hate?

Dolorous Nedd

Jon haters are mostly contrarians who always think the opposite of the majority no matter what...

pshh we said this on the fourth page. Then we were compared to twilight fans because twilight is "popular".

It was ugly...

No one was stating that all Jon haters were contrarians, but I think it's obvious that a few of them are.

It was ugly...

No one was stating that all Jon haters were contrarians, but I think it's obvious that a few of them are.

I would definitely agree with both of those statements!

I like Jon a lot. I've always liked Jon a lot. There's his whole not wanting to father a bastard deal, which I find admirable.and then there's his utter pragmatism elsewhere. He's a great, well-written characters whose POVs I look forward to. People can disagree, but disagreeing just to disagree is LAME.

Jon Snow haters are puppy kickers.

I like Jon because of his compassionate nature, his tendency to overanalyze (totally relate), his dry sense of humor and his bromance with Stannis.

And in Kit's defense, the open-mouth thing greatly improved in Season 2. The writing took a turn for the worse, but that wasn't his fault.

:lmao:

I like Jon because of his compassionate nature, his tendency to overanalyze (totally relate), his dry sense of humor and his bromance with Stannis.

I agree. I can relate to Jon as well. I have never questioned his decisions or wanted to shake him, unlike other characters that I enjoy.

:bowdown: :lmao:

And in Kit's defense, the open-mouth thing greatly improved in Season 2. The writing took a turn for the worse, but that wasn't his fault.

He did have the bromance with Robb before they left Winterfell. Also, don't forget Sam. B)

Exactly. If Jon does something bad then it'd be, "Oh man what a jerk, how can anyone possibly root for this guy?" But if he does something good, then it's, "Oh god he's so boring, what a sterotype, what a cliche, bitch bitch bitch."

There is literally no way for someone like that — an actually decent person doing stuff for the greater good and not empty, transient political power — to win on here.

Couldn't agree more. I'm really tired of all the cynicism in popular culture today. It's not only tiresome, but intellectually lazy and dishonest IMO. There is a lot of grey in this world that is true. But there are genuinely good people out there as well. It feels like Debbie Downer central in here sometimes.

Couldn't agree more. I'm really tired of all the cynicism in popular culture today. It's not only tiresome, but intellectually lazy and dishonest IMO. There is a lot of grey in this world that is true. But there are genuinely good people out there as well. It feels like Debbie Downer central in here sometimes.

I get the impression that some people think it makes them look smarter if they yell cliche at every little plot angle or character they don't like. Yeah we all know Martin's ASOFAI takes a lot of influences from previous fiction. We know. And its hard to come up with 100% original ideas in any genre. Every writer, consciously or no, is influenced by other writers. Almost everything has been done before, so you're bound to have "tropes". Its how as a writer you deal with "tropes" and give them an alternate dimension as what Martin wants to do that is important.

Haha. To put it in Lyanna Stark's words, they're meanies.

I LOVE JON SNOW OKAY. HE'S AWESOME!

OK YOU DON'T HAVE TO SHOUT ITS COOL.

What are you talking about?

There is literally one Jon Snow hater on the forum. At least 90% of the other members like him and a large portion direct their hate at other characters who might rival his narrative importance.

This! Has the third person who isn't a Jon fan finally agreed to join this forum?

Wait, you didn't want to shake him when he told Gilly that, if she didn't hand her child over to him, he would make sure he was burned alive?

He had to kill the boy. You have realized that he went to extraordinary measures to save Craster's son who, honestly, was nothing to him. When sweet talk brings you nowhere, you have to be "the villain" for the greater good.

If you like Jon, I'd like to see you list those characters you dislike. it's only fair to give us who don't like Jon a chance to explain what personal flaws of yours or lacking areas in your comprehension of the series lead to this and explain how wrong you are.

After all, this is what has been going on for most of this thread in regards to those who don't worship the hero of the masses Jon Snow. :rolleyes:

He had to kill the boy. You have realized that he went to extraordinary measures to save Craster's son who, honestly, was nothing to him. When sweet talk brings you nowhere, you have to be "the villain" for the greater good.

He wasn't saving Craster's son, he was putting him in danger. The one he was saving was Mance's.

At some point Jon started to annoy me with his honour and duty attidute towards the NW.

I began wondering when he starts thinking about what´s good for him instead of self-sacrificing his own interest for the good of the majority.

Archived