In Defence Of Daario

DraculaAD1972

Dorkstar's only claim to fame is stating that he is from the night and trying to kill a little girl. Doran calls him the most dangerous man because he could bring war that they cannot win down on Dorne. Daario is head of a band of sellswords.

Well, actually he's a hostage.

I don't dislike reading about Daario as a character, but he is symptomatic of one of my problems with DwD.

When Dany starts thinking "Ruling this city is too hard and I wish I was just having sex with a hot man" I start thinking "Wow, where is the compelling and strong woman I have been reading about up until this point"

I don't mind her having the sex, I mind it getting in the way of her independence and strength.

He's proven that he can haul ass like an Astapori slave hauls a carriage. Now he just needs to prove he can use the two dildos he calls swords.

Well struck.

I like him. I've noticed most of the nerdy guys on this site hates him, though.

I'm not a "nerdy guy" and I can't stand him.

He's proven that he can haul ass like an Astapori slave hauls a carriage. Now he just needs to prove he can use the two dildos he calls swords.

Yes lets take a look back at all the ass he has plundered since seeing him in the book. First we have...Dany, who may not be mentally well from her previous relationships and lose of child and then umm ahh well we could could his naked woman hilt swords if you are correct about them being dildos then again they probably haul his ass.

On a different note wouldnt have been amazing if Oberyn went with dear ol Quentyn and we could see Ego earned meet Ego only talked up. Hell if they gotten into a fight I picture it going like this.

Oberyn: "You wish to fight me Daario? Well let me get into the stance you're used to fighting your enemies." *turns around and shows his neck* "This is how you killed your former commanders correct?"

Oberyn: "You wish to fight me Daario? Well let me get into the stance you're used to fighting your enemies." *turns around and shows his neck* "This is how you killed your former commanders correct?"

That would not happen at all. Oberyn would just run him through with his spear if he encountered any opposition.

When Dany starts thinking "Ruling this city is too hard and I wish I was just having sex with a hot man" I start thinking "Wow, where is the compelling and strong woman I have been reading about up until this point."

That's a nice statement to make and totally not offensive or biased. I look forward to more input from you.

The like button. I fucking need it.

I like him. I've noticed most of the nerdy guys on this site hates him, though.

Judging people you don't actually know...ok. To be fair we (including you) are on a message board about a fantasy series, I imagine we're all nerdy to some degree. And this is coming from someone that used to be a varsity athlete.

That would not happen at all. Oberyn would just run him through with his spear if he encountered any opposition.

I initially thought that as well that Oberyn would screw around and just kill him. But remembering the Mountain fight for the first half as stated by Tyrion he was playing with him. So if we give the Viper a blue mouse why wouldn't he just have fun tormenting him the whole fight like he did to the Mountain. But we can both agree the end result would be the same, impalement.

I don't mind her having the sex, I mind it getting in the way of her independence and strength.

"I am your queen, and I command you to fuck me" plenty of independence and strength there. I don't really see how her fucking Daario gets in the way of her independence and strength. She wanted to fuck him (which is understandable) so she did.

I initially thought that as well that Oberyn would screw around and just kill him. But remembering the Mountain fight for the first half as stated by Tyrion he was playing with him. So if we give the Viper a blue mouse why wouldn't he just have fun tormenting him the whole fight like he did to the Mountain. But we can both agree the end result would be the same, impalement.

But with the Mountain Oberyn had a final goal, a reason not to out right kill him. He wanted him to suffer, to experience the most painful death possible. That couldn't have happened if he had out right killed him. I seriously doubt Oberyn would have that much hatred for anyone else in the world.

Well Oberyn wants something from the Mountain (specifically, a confession), so it's not so much playing with his food as it is extracting information.

Oberyn wouldn't have the same reservation with Daario I'd imagine.

Oberyn is an experienced warrior, he would have known that fooling around is a sure way to get killed. He would have ended Daario quickly, or the other way around. Oberyn played around with Gregor for information and vengeance, allowing this to get in the way of sound judgement. He paid for it in the end.

Archived