The Champions of Love and Hate

Where Boars Glow

I want them all to go away-the Dothraki and the wildlings, whether north or south of the wall. Cripes.

I groaned when I realized the Dothraki were coming back in to Dany's story. I thought we were done with that already.

And were are the champtions for the Ironborn and Thick Vic?

I groaned when I realized the Dothraki were coming back in to Dany's story. I thought we were done with that already.

A few people spoke up for the Ironborn...but no one specific for Vic :)

Not it <finger to nose>

There is one good thing about the return of the Dothraki: Daenerys gets to avenge Eroeh.

“It was a cruel fate, Yet not so cruel as Mago's will be. I promise you that, by the old gods and the new, by the lamb god and the horse god and every god that lives. I swear by the Mother of Mountains and the Womb of the World. Before I am done with them, Mago and Ko Jhaqo will plead for the mercy they showed Eroeh."

There is one good thing about the return of the Dothraki: Daenerys gets to avenge Eroeh.

“It was a cruel fate, Yet not so cruel as Mago's will be. I promise you that, by the old gods and the new, by the lamb god and the horse god and every god that lives. I swear by the Mother of Mountains and the Womb of the World. Before I am done with them, Mago and Ko Jhaqo will plead for the mercy they showed Eroeh."

Yeah, I had that in the back of my head. It's the only good thing. Do you think it's likely she'll finish up her business with the Dothraki in a chapter or two and be done with it or do you foresee them being around for awhile?

Yeah, I had that in the back of my head. It's the only good thing. Do you think it's likely she'll finish up her business with the Dothraki in a chapter or two and be done with it or do you foresee them being around for awhile?

I think she wins them and they become her cannon fodder in the upcoming conquest.

I'm really not sure. At the moment I'm starting to think Daenerys will lean towards being more of a Khaleesi than a Queen. But if this is the case I really hope she can get rid of the worse aspects of the Dothraki culture (i.e. all of it).

If Daenerys can unite all the Dothraki into a single khalasar (and the first led by a woman), it might just be worth having to read about them again.

I'm really not sure. At the moment I'm starting to think Daenerys will lean towards being more of a Khaleesi than a Queen. But if this is the case I really hope she can get rid of the worse aspects of the Dothraki culture (i.e. all of it).

If Daenerys can unite all the Dothraki into a single khalasar (and the first led by a woman), it might just be worth having to read about them again.

I agree with you on her being more of a Khaleesi and if she can unite them under a single khalasar without the raping, then it wouldn't be so bad.

I agree with you on her being more of a Khaleesi and if she can unite them under a single khalasar without the raping, then it wouldn't be so bad.

Yeah exactly. I have the same problem with the wildlings, but I have hopes that if they are to unite under Jon he'll at least prevent the raping.

Of course, I have maaaaany problems with the way the non-white "savages" are presented compared to the way the white "savages" are presented... But that's another topic entirely. :)

I'd like this to happen; otherwise I can't be fucked with reading about the Dothraki much more.

Where are Ned Stark defenders? For some people, he's the cause of the WOT5K. If only people were righteous.

Nah, Ned's fans and defenders (myself a proud member of them) far outnumber his bashers. For most part, Ned doesn't have many anti-threads, and thus needs no defending.

Nah, Ned's fans and defenders (myself a proud member of them) far outnumber his bashers. For most part, Ned doesn't have many anti-threads, and thus needs no defending.

You should witness the threads where Ned is blamed for all the sins of Babylon and the like. From Robert being a lousy king to the war of the five kings, it's really unfair sometimes

You should witness the threads where Ned is blamed for all the sins of Babylon and the like. From Robert being a lousy king to the war of the five kings, it's really unfair sometimes

You mean his defenders didn't react? Weird - for few years I've been lurking and posting here, Ned is one of the characters with most consistant fanbase.

Yeah exactly. I have the same problem with the wildlings, but I have hopes that if they are to unite under Jon he'll at least prevent the raping.

Of course, I have maaaaany problems with the way the non-white "savages" are presented compared to the way the white "savages" are presented... But that's another topic entirely. :)

Yeah, off topic, but I know what you mean.

And if Jon does that with the wildlings, then I think my esteem for them will go up quite a bit.

Where are Ned Stark defenders? For some people, he's the cause of the WOT5K. If only people were righteous.

The only big Ned basher I can think of is the now banned LLL but that's about it. I see comments on him being naive in KL but otherwise, I've gotten the sense he has a huge fanbase. He has some points that bug me but I still miss him and I first read his death over a decade ago.

You mean his defenders didn't react? Weird - for few years I've been lurking and posting here, Ned is one of the characters with most consistant fanbase.

Yeah, off topic, but I know what you mean.

And if Jon does that with the wildlings, then I think my esteem for them will go up quite a bit.

The only big Ned basher I can think of is the now banned LLL but that's about it. I see comments on him being naive in KL but otherwise, I've gotten the sense he has a huge fanbase. He has some points that bug me but I still miss him and I first read his death over a decade ago.

He's not one of the most hated but sometimes criticisms are very unfair and condescending.

Archived