House Dayne as the ancestors of the Valyrians (a crackpot theory)

Jon's Queen Consort

I have no proof of what I am about to suggest but info from the wiki actually opened my eyes to a poential theory:

http://awoiaf.wester...Doom_of_Valyria

That to be could sound like the effects of meteor hitting Valyria. Now if Dawn was forged from the metal of a falling star it could be that, instead of being those who created Valyria, the Dayne's could have been involved in the Doom and it was from that meteor that Dawn was forged. I realize this is VERY VERY far-fetched but the accounts of the Doom of Valyria are somewhat consistent with a meteor hitting.

I feel that Dawn was forged long before the Doom of Valyria.

My belief is that Dawn and the 'original' Ice are both forged from meteorites. And the original 'Ice' sword is a legacy from the Age of Heroes. I believe that Dawn is a legacy of that time too.

In an SSM thread, I read GRRM say the violet eyes Ashara Dayne has has nothing to do with Valyrian features. So I am not sure of how much connection the Valyrians have with the Daynes.

Valyria was populated before the discovery of Dragons right?

If so,Then I think it would be doubtful that the Dyanes are Valyrian ancestors.

It could be that they stem from the same genetic pool,i.e come from the same ethnic group.

Valyria was populated before the discovery of Dragons right?

If so,Then I think it would be doubtful that the Dyanes are Valyrian ancestors.

It could be that they stem from the same genetic pool,i.e come from the same ethnic group.

The Daynes are a First Men house, so they'd be around before and after the Long Night, which was when most dragons in the world died. The dragons in Valyria survived because they went into the 14 Fires, which kept them warm and alive. So the Daynes could have gone across to Valyria and after the Long Night and then started their way of life (sheep herding).

The Daynes are a First Men house, so they'd be around before and after the Long Night, which was when most dragons in the world died. The dragons in Valyria survived because they went into the 14 Fires, which kept them warm and alive. So the Daynes could have gone across to Valyria and after the Long Night and then started their way of life (sheep herding).

that is what I am thinking too.

Obviously i haven't reading carefully,but where is it said that tha Daynes are First Men family

In one of Elio's YouTube videos, about Dawn I think, he metions that "Dayne" is a simple name, and First Men houses have simple names, like Stark.

And I think its mentioned that Dawn is something like 10,000 years old, which is before the Andal invasion.

Purple (red, golden) eyes are usual to the Martinworld. It just a fantasy element. As GRRM said, not everyone who has purple eyes are Valyrian and vice versa.

Purple eyes are common in places like Lys and other places in Essos where they still have the Valyrian look, but it's not common in Westeros

I don't remember this, I remember that he said that Daynes aren't Valyrian.

Well, he said that the Swedens usually have blue eyes and everyone who has blue eyes are not Sweden, i.e, everyone who has purple eyes are not Valyrians and vice versa.

I like this idea of all Valyrians being descended from members of house Dayne. This is how I see it:

The Daynes are an ancient house, likely powerful 10,000 years ago. If sometime around then the Daynes sent out explorers to Essos, via the arm of dorne, they would not have found any powerful empires on the west of Essos. They could have easily set up a colony on the Valyrian peninsula.

Now we know the Valyrian freehold was powerful enough to war with and defeat Ghis around 5,000 years ago. This leaves 5000 years for the Dayne colonists to fully populate the peninsula.

5000 years is enough time to populate entire peninsula many times over. If each generation multiplies the population by 1.5 (2 parents have 3 kids), then it would only take 30 generations to have hundreds of thousands of people. That's only 600 years, so in 5000 years it would be easy.

Archived