what if the wall falls to the others

thegreatwhitebear

And being that we've had major war throughout westoros recently, and given the fact that the dead aren't burned south of the wall. Wouldn't that give the others an almost unlimited supply of soldiers? I mean think of all those who died throughout the course of history as well. I'd have to say westoros would definitely be screwed. Just an interesting thought.

I want the Wall to fall. Imo in order for the rest of Westeros to actually realize the threat of the Others and of another Long Night they must be affected. If that struggle is resolved at the Wall then the Southron lords will just say the stories coming out of the north were a bunch of tall-tales. If the Others don't move further south then I believe that storyline was worthless.

I want the Wall to fall. Imo in order for the rest of Westeros to actually realize the threat of the Others and of another Long Night they must be affected. If that struggle is resolved at the Wall then the Southron lords will just say the stories coming out of the north were a bunch of tall-tales. If the Others don't move further south then I believe that storyline was worthless.

I somewhat agree to this even though it's horrible to think. The South seems not to care what's going on at the Wall. Why just let the North defend the entire realm? Let the happy-summery-lover southerners fight the Others, too.

I agree. If the battle with the others is resolved at the wall it will be incredibly lame. I want to see all of westeros involved in the fight against the others

I kinda agree, but I don't want the Wall to fall. Is it possible for the Others to come South by the sea or some other way?

Yes, it is quite possible that there will be an invasion of Others without the Wall being breached (although I believe it will come down before the series ends). We know that the Others can travel via the ocean from Cotter Pyke's letter to Jon.. "there are dead things in the water". He sent this report to Jon while on his sea-expedition to save the wildlings who fled to Hardhome after they were routed from the Battle Beneath the Wall by Stannis. While Pyke's letter doesn't specifically say that the Others are walking the ocean floor to bypass the Wall... I still interpreted the letter to mean just that - that the Wall's magic doesn't extent into the seas and that the Others can indeed cross in this fashion.. There are also the mountains/gorges at the west end of the Wall. I've never read anything definitive that says the Others couldn't pass the Wall via some path through those mountains.. It's not like the presumable extreme cold and weather conditions would impede them in any way. So, yes - they should be able to cross without the Wall coming down.

• 3 months later...

The Wall has to fall and I mean physcially fall apart and the others have to come through it to claim a large section of the North and all the Major families of Westeros will be besieged in their hidey hole castles.

The Wall will fall and the Others will swarm into Westeros, becoming GRRM's latest tool for killing any character that shows even the faintest glimmer of popularity. Then, they will be defeated in a cliche fantasy battle and everything will be nice and warm and summery with Lannister heads for all!

Archived