Traveling Exhibit Announced

Westeros

Was there in Amsterdam today.

Two hours on the train to get there, then an hour and a half in the line to get in. You get 15 minutes inside before you have to leave so that the next group of people can come in. Of those 15 minutes I spent 10 minutes in another the line to sit on the Iron Throne. I asked a guy to take a photo, and the picture turned out blurry.

The exhibits were nice but overall not sure if it was worth the trip, especially since the photo didn't turn out well. There were simply too many people there to really be able to enjoy the exhibition. AGOT is simply too popular these days. Sometime I miss the good old pre-HBO days. :)

Went to the Amsterdam exhibition today with my husband. It was very busy, but we were lucky that we managed to see the exhibition TWICE lol They were only allowing 15 minutes, but we were in line to get a picture of the Iron Throne, and by the time that was done, the next crowd was already in and there was no one telling us to get to the exit lol So we were able to take a proper look around and appreciate everything. Was a great day, glad we went

I also went yesterday and did the same as Daenerys of Dragonstone. Kept in line for a picture on the Iron Throne first and then saw the exhibition when we slipped in with the next batch of people. It was nice though, only had to wait for 25 minutes (in very nice weather).

Yes me too. Amsterdam is a really nice city to walk in with all of the canals, especially with the nice weather. I think it was the warmest day I've had this year, and that's just sad :laugh:

• 5 weeks later...

The Belfast one was great! Walked straight in, and we were allowed as much time as we wanted to look around :) only had to queue for a few minutes for the Iron Throne as well. Staff were really friendly and helpful, and the event seemed to run pretty smoothly. It was a fab exhibition overall.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I found out about this at the last minute this year so couldn't plan anything. It looks amazing though and I hope they do it next year - it would be awesome if they came to London but if not then a trip to Amsterdam is definitely on the cards.

Archived