(Spoiler) Which Will Cause More Outrage?

Craven Mummer

You are correct, and I am guilty of shedding more tears for an animal in some movies than for the humans. I am afraid to go see Life of Pi because I am sure that tiger dies.

I speculate that for me, it was the result of "Disney", the original Walt who felt delivering children a healthy dose of reality was a "good thing", sort of like using cinema and animals to teach an important life lesson. Through "Disney", the whole aspect of death was mixed in there with catechism and real life losses. [bambi, Old Yeller, Where the Red Fern Grows, The Three Lives of Thomasina, etc]

I also see "animals" in some films as harmless and helpless. However, I recently saw Les Miserables, and I assure you, I cried "buckets" for the humans - so I am not totally heartless and sick.

Dont forget the Fox and the Hound

I said before, a lot of non-readers who have been teased of this big gut wrenching event coming towards the end of this season, may end up actually being sort of relieved that it's just Robb and Cat

Imagine the names bouncing around in their heads right now? Tyrion, Arya, Jon, Dany, Bran. They know it's supposed to be someone major. And they know it's supposed enrage them, so it will be one of "the good guys." They will be sad about it, but may also have an air of relief, because it could have been worse

Archived