(Spoiler) Which Will Cause More Outrage?

Craven Mummer

but the red wedding was all about robb and jeyne/talisa. sure walder frey was looking for an out of supporting robb in order to switch to the lannisters but without robb's marriage, he would have had to do it another way and at another time. catelyn was never meant to be caught up in any of it and not supposed to be killed at the rw but robb was meant to pay for breaking his word.

I meant wrt the reader/viewer. Obviously, Robb not having a POV, we saw the RW through Cat's eyes. I thought that was uniquely powerful. I just hope they don't shift the focus too much onto the doomed love story of Robb/Talisa. I understand that's just personal preference, but I really, really hope they focus on Cat too, not just Robb and Talisa.

Personally, I feel bad when I pass roadkill on the road. Yet, I didn't have any problem dissecting a human cadaver during anatomy lab. I'm not sure what that says about me. :stunned:

I'm the exactly same. I stood inches away from a leg amputation a year ago, yet I have to fast forward through Lady's death.

You in medicine, by any chance? :idea:

I don't think the Red Wedding will create that much outrage simply because since Ned's death the people who read through all the books have put it out there. Everytime I log into an MMO game I see the Red Wedding splattered across global chat where 50,000+ people see it at once. Yes they are jerks, and they did the same thing with the Potter books. Lucky for me I read them too so there was nothing to spoil. I sensed Robb's death once Cat's dumb ass let Jamie go. Maybe Greywind's death will still cause outrage. Not so much with Robb though. I'm still pissed off thinking about Greywind. The Red Wedding isn't going to happen until next season anyways.

RW might not upset people as much, more because of who DOESN'T die than who DOES

What I mean is, non-readers have been hearing all the teases of these major deaths and how sad or mad it's going to make them. Imagine the characters names that have been dancing in their heads when they think of who it might be. Tyrion, Arya, Dany, Bran, Jon Snow

To have it be Robb and Cat will suck, but will still be a relief, compared to who it could have been

Since I see Robb and Greywind as one,I view them equally. I don't believe that Catelyn will be as greatly mourned.

In a sense when a warg and his familiar dies, it's almost like 3 entities dying: Robb, Greywind, and what they are when they are as one.

It's also very sad when his brothers sense Greywind and Lady's death.

Which will cause more outrage by tv watchers? The death of Rob, Catelyn (before the UnCat reveal) or Grey Wind?

My bet is on Grey Wind. Nobody likes it when dogs are killed (see the reaction to Lady's death), even when they are computer generated.

BTW, When I was reading this part, I was hoping for a half Rob half GW werewolf to come to life and kill all the Freys.

(null)

No reason to segregate the events. The whole RW got a "wait, what!?" from me, not any particular part. We all saw Ned die: we didn't see Ned + family + pets die.

Which will cause more outrage by tv watchers? The death of Rob, Catelyn (before the UnCat reveal) or Grey Wind?

My bet is on Grey Wind. Nobody likes it when dogs are killed (see the reaction to Lady's death), even when they are computer generated.

BTW, When I was reading this part, I was hoping for a half Rob half GW werewolf to come to life and kill all the Freys.

(null)

None of the above.

I think tyrion strangling shae with a necklace made of golden hands is going to cause the most outrage considering how that story has been portrayed

Of course that is assuming this is still going to happen, which might be a foolish assumption when considering it makes way more sense at this point for tywin to instead send Shae away and have Tyrion look for her on the other continent asking himself "where do whores go"

Robb, most likely. Every TV fan I talked to seems to think he's like, the ultimate badass who's obviously going to win everything and sit on the iron throne (the last part still makes me really confused ngl)

I'm also totally expecting some non-readers to be outraged at Stoneheart and act like GoT jumped on the zombie bandwagon for ratings or something and refuse to comprehend that un-Cat has already existed for 10+ years

I'll be heartbroken when Cat dies. I'll just curl up in a ball and cry for a bit. Hey, don't judge me. Most of you are gonna do the same. :P

To be honest, I don't really give a damn about Robb. I don't think this is gonna happen, but I'd love to see the Smalljon or Dacey dying to protect him. That really go to me in the book.

But, I think most of the TV watchers will be pissed off about Robb's death rather than Cat's. In their eyes, she's just an annoying mother who gets in the way of the Young Wolf's plans. :rolleyes:

If im gonna be honest i would say that a dog or even a wolf deseres much more sympathy than a human, even someone like robb who is very honorable. Realistically us humans are a messed up species, we are violent and manipulative in general and certain humans are just downright psycotic. Dogs on the other hand are loyal animals that would gladly sacrifice there well being for there owners safety. They are also based on pure emotion which you can see by how excited they get when someone comes back home after a while away. Adult humans are almost incapable of such intense emotions so a dog gets my sympathy vote 9 times out of ten,

Well I have a phobia of dogs and also (I don't know where you're from and I'm sorry if you're UK and already know this) there has been several deaths of young children by dogs over the past few years, so if I'm honest I'm not that sympathetic to dogs. I'm more sympathetic to humans even though they p me off no end sometimes.

Pretty much everyone I know who watches the show support the Starks and the King in the North. Robb's death is going to shock the world. If they show Robb with Grey Wind's head, that might disturb some people. They will most likely not show that, though.

Personally, though, I'm more dreading the mutiny at Craster's Keep.

I think the combination of both of them are going to leave viewers with a real sense of "seriously, wtf?" I mean, two huge betrayals by two "fan-favorite" factions is a pretty huge kick in the balls.

I imagine PETA will probably take a hissy fit when they see Grey Wind, I'm not sure if they'll do the whole pin his head on Robb's body. It was shocking in the book but is it really unnecessary? I think Robb and Cat being killed will be enough.

If they stay true to the book as well by having Arya being hit in the head by an axe and giving the impression she died will be enough

Since I see Robb and Greywind as one,I view them equally. I don't believe that Catelyn will be as greatly mourned.

In a sense when a warg and his familiar dies, it's almost like 3 entities dying: Robb, Greywind, and what they are when they are as one.

It's also very sad when his brothers sense Greywind and Lady's death.

Man, if they show Summer/Snow wincing while Grey Wind is killed "off-screen"... :crying:

I don't think they will show any of the death of grey wind like they did with lady in season 1. But in saying that they did show a horses head being mauled off lol.

But i know so many people will crack the shits when Rob dies. Most people i know that watch the show love him.

I honestly think this is gonna be a two punch season. We'll see the RW in episode nine, and just like in season 1 everyone will be all like "fuuuuuuuuuuu-" Then we'll have Joffrey all gloating and douchy and the final episode of season 3 will end with his death at the PW and Tyrion being arrested. So people get that hopelessness combined with some "Hell YEAH!"

I honestly think this is gonna be a two punch season. We'll see the RW in episode nine, and just like in season 1 everyone will be all like "fuuuuuuuuuuu-" Then we'll have Joffrey all gloating and douchy and the final episode of season 3 will end with his death at the PW and Tyrion being arrested. So people get that hopelessness combined with some "Hell YEAH!"

I think that will probably be what happens, because they will need to lighten the blow, but if they do both weddings in the Season 3 that won't leave much meat of SoS left for Season 4.

Archived