SPOILERS! tormund

starkfever

Anyone else worried that the trailer shows tormund scaling the wall? i mean, if he goes over and they follow the book to a T from then on, he would die in the raid on castle black, and i personally would not be able to see tormund dead. That and it might change the story line quite a bit in Jon's arch

What if he survives the raid on Castle Black and is taken prisoner by the Night's Watch? It's a good way to get one of the best characters in the series as much as they possible can. Maybe the Watch even use him as a bargaining chip as the rest of the Wildling's are coming down on them.

It's far more likely that Orell takes on the more antagonistic Magnar of Thenn role (he's definitely seen in the scenes with Jon at Queenscrown) and will be the one to end up dying at Castle Black. Mackenzie Crook just got cast in a new pilot which is a fairly decent indicator that he's not going to be on GoT in any following seasons.

I imagine the main reason that Tormund is going with Jon is so that he can be given a larger role and build up a relationship with Jon before they go back to him in later seasons. If they were to adhere to the book events, Tormund would be in only a couple of scenes wisecracking besides Mance early this season and then we wouldn't see him again for a couple of seasons where we are then supposed to remember him and look at him as a major player. It's much easier to have him in lots of scenes with Jon this year so that we get to know him better. I'd guess that he finds a way to escape back through the Wall during the battle so that he ends up with Mance again in S4.

What if he survives the raid on Castle Black and is taken prisoner by the Night's Watch? It's a good way to get one of the best characters in the series as much as they possible can. Maybe the Watch even use him as a bargaining chip as the rest of the Wildling's are coming down on them.

I think that he will take prison and that he will take over the role of the lord of bones in season 4 where he will go with Jon to Mance camp. Then Stannis saves the day, Tormund escape.

What if the Castle Black is burned as in the books, and then Tormund, seeing he's defeated, pulls out his member and pisses on the flames to put it out. The Night's Watch is so impressed that they decide to keep him as an honored prisoner instead of executing him.

hahahaha genius.

It's far more likely that Orell takes on the more antagonistic Magnar of Thenn role (he's definitely seen in the scenes with Jon at Queenscrown) and will be the one end up dying at Castle Black. Mackenzie Crook just got cast in a new pilot which is a fairly decent indicator that he's not going to be on GoT in any following seasons.

That's what I think. And in season 4 he will be an eagle and Mel burns him. The only thing that you need to hold him for in later season is the prologue of book 5. And the warg explain thing will be probably in season 3 and I think that David and Dan don't want a second "season 2 final" where the white walkers are a step closer too the wall. I think they will show the white walkers again when they are really needed. Season 3 beginning. Season 4 probably with Bran. Season 5 we don't see them. And we see them probably in season 6 (I suspect they will attack the wall at the beginning of WoW and probably breaking the wall down).

Anyone else worried that the trailer shows tormund scaling the wall? i mean, if he goes over and they follow the book to a T from then on, he would die in the raid on castle black, and i personally would not be able to see tormund dead. That and it might change the story line quite a bit in Jon's arch

I don't think he'll die, probably just captured. I believe writers made the change to develop the Tormund/Jon Bromanship.

I think that he will take prison and that he will take over the role of the lord of bones in season 4 where he will go with Jon to Mance camp. Then Stannis saves the day, Tormund escape.

hahahaha genius.

That's what I think. And in season 4 he will be an eagle and Mel burns him. The only thing that you need to hold him for in later season is the prologue of book 5. And the warg explain thing will be probably in season 3 and I think that David and Dan don't want a second "season 2 final" where the white walkers are a step closer too the wall. I think they will show the white walkers again when they are really needed. Season 3 beginning. Season 4 probably with Bran. Season 5 we don't see them. And we see them probably in season 6 (I suspect they will attack the wall at the beginning of WoW and probably breaking the wall down).

Actually, they can easily show at least part of the battle of Hardhome. It sounded really awesome from that one letter- "dead things in the water".

Rattleshirt is cast.

Don't need to worry about him.

Tormund will probably escape after the battle at CB

Escaping won't work. Where will he escape to? Climb the Wall again on his own? I doubt it. Hopefully he gets captured and traded in a hostage situation (possibly when Jon gets sent down to treat with Mance).

Escaping won't work. Where will he escape to? Climb the Wall again on his own? I doubt it. Hopefully he gets captured and traded in a hostage situation (possibly when Jon gets sent down to treat with Mance).

I have no idea what they'll do exactly but if they wanted to have him escape, there are always those conveniently located tunnels through the Wall that the NW use so they don't have to scale it every time they want to go into Wildling territory. During the Battle at Castle Black, isn't that where Donal Noye dies along with the giant who's trying to get through?

They will find a way. It's not as if it's a unsolvable problem. Btw. I'd say we won't see the battle of Castle Black this season, but that this may be pushed back to season 4 as the second assault on the Wall (from the North side) will be pretty hard to film, given the height of the wall in the show (I never understood that fight in the books as well, but the visuals from the show makes that even harder to film/show properly). Variations I can see happening:

1) Tormund vanishes into the Forests on the South of the Wall, being a guerilla fighter, Harma Dogshead/the Weeper/Val/Random Cool Wildling takes his place to parlay with Jon after Mance's Defeat. With the peace achieved, Tormund joins the rest of the wildlings at the wall.

2) Tormund is taken prisoner and can escape when Jon crosses or is exchanged somehow.

3) Tormund rescales the Wall to tell Mance what happens (hey, we have Littlefinger teleporting)

4) Tormund does die. Another cool Wildling takes his place. (guess that depends on how well the actor is received)

5) Tormund stays Guerilla, but then takes on Mance's job of going to Winterfell, Mance stays with Jon (if they want to put a focus on the "father-son" story with Jon... rolleyes)

They could also send him to Hardhome or whatever they want. This is really not an integral change as his position as second-in-command of the wildlings (after the Magnar's Death) is a) not vital, and B) can be achieved even if another one leads the biggest group north of the Wall that Val finds). I'd doubt they'd want to kill him off as that role is very popular in the books and will probably be as well on the show, if he keeps his lines ;))

So basically, we don't know enough yet where they want to take the story so it's too hard to predict his fate (and as I assume the Battle of Castle Black will be next season, they don't have to decide right now...)

Why are people complaining about Littlefinger being to fast from the stormlands to Harrenhall. do we forget that he has a boat? That probably between episode 2x05 and 2x06 a week has past.

People seem to forget the importants for Littlefinger to be there at Harrenhal. He isn't probably there just to have a chat with Tywin, but to talk to Tywin about the deal he made with the Tyrells and that Tywin needs to go to Kings Landing as soon as possible.

• 2 weeks later...

An interview with Kit Harrington, where he gets questioned about Kristofer Hivju (the Norwegian actor who plays Tormund) has been posted on several Norwegian websites. In the end of the interview Kit talks about what a great guy Kristofer is and says he hopes they'll keep in touch.

I hope I'm reading too much into this, but if you add the clips of Tormund scaling the wall, it sure looks like he might die this season. :frown5:

It might just be me beeing paranoid, but I guess this means I'll fit right in here! ;)

Archived