9 Player A Song of Ice and Fire Board Game Help

So this is my first post and I'm looking for help from anyone that's played the fantasy flight "A Game of Thrones" board game for 6 players. And ideally is an enthusiast about the game.

The board is currently under construction but here's what I have so far:

First:

The nine houses are: Stark, Greyjoy, Arryn, Tully, Targaeryn, Lannister, Baratheon, Tyrell, and Martell.

Second:

The board I'm creating is to scale and the number of areas will be nearly doubled. This is to get some of the hometowns that don't touch the sea away from the easy access that allows enemy ships to access them. By due process, this also means more men on the board.

Lastly: (And this is where I need opinions)

I'm adjusting the influence/supply tracks so that they are fair for all nine houses.

This means 9 houses on 3 influence tracks with a maximum of 8 supply.

I've also had suggestions that the people at the bottom of the Iron Throne track and the Fiefdoms track will receive a sword but with restrictions. Obviously the person at the bottom of the Iron Throne (labled as the King's Justice) would require the King's approval to get the plus 1 combat strength but I don't know how I would restrict the sword at the bottom of the Fiefdoms track.

Arguements against this method say that nobody should receive anything for being at the bottom of the influence track which I understand but in a 9 player game the person at the bottom receives a horrible disadvantage.

For the Supply track I've maxed out the army with supply of 8 at 4,4,4,3,2,2 and there's arguement over if it should max out at 5,4,3,3,2,2

Any opinions you have over this would be helpful in my decision. Thank you.

Oh one more thing: there will be a total of 14 house cards per house. So there's a total of 126 cards. These cards will be distributed through a blind draft with house card strengths of 4, 3, 2, 2, 1, 1, 0 as we've grown accustomed to. I'll be posting those and the board as they are completed. Card suggestions are welcome as well.

Welcome, you should probably ask the mods to move this to entertainment. You're more likely to get a response.

I have to admit I don't anything about this game, you may want to provide link or something.

Archived