If you could tell one character anything, what would it be?

King of Winters

"Hey, Ned, I've been thinking. It's probably best if you just skip that whole Hand of the King, march to King's Landing thing. Just a gut feeling, but I don't think much good is going to come of that. Just a thought."

"Jaime, I want you to know, I understand. You don't know me, but I understand. Is that better? Good. Now, before you push that nice kid out the window, it's probably best you realize that Cersei isn't your salvation and that defining yourself through her isn't going to do anyone (like seriously. Anyone. In the entire world) any good. You should probably mull that over."

"Joffrey, I just want you to know that I think live steel against Robb in the yard is a fantastic idea. Seriously, push that one harder. I think you can take him. Yes, really! No, I'm not just saying that. In fact, maybe hit his sister first, that'll really make him angry. I know, it's a great idea! Really!"

"Hey Jon, I've been thinking. You've probably saved the realm at least two or three times on the Wall at this point. You've done a hell of a job and you're ideas seem like damn good ones. But this whole Night's Watch thing? Long term, considering they just tried to kill you for saving the world and that you're probably the heir to, you know, everything, it'd be best if you went somewhere else. Seriously, ANYWHERE else. Stannis could probably use a hand, and I know of quite a few people who would love to see you follow up on that Ramsey Bolton challenge. Take Ghost, take Val, and please, for the love of the Old Gods, GET YOUR ASS OFF THAT WALL!"

"Bran, buddy, here's a copy of Dunk and Egg. Best read up on the parts about Bloodraven. Could be worth something in the very near future."

"Hey Theon, everything you're thinking about, just about all of it, don't do it. I really can't stress that enough. I know, you're pissed the whole Balon thing didn't work out, and your sister humiliated you. I get it. But here's the thing. Robb really likes you man. In fact, he pretty much considers you a brother. He's doing pretty damn well down south right now. Might be best for all involved if you went back and hung out with him for a while."

I'd tell Brienne how much I look up to her and ask her to teach me how to be a true knight.

I'd beg Tyrion to stop drowning himself in wine and go back to being awesome.

I'd tell Ser Kevan that real men do not allow their family members to be paraded naked through streets filled with hostile, spiteful people even if they are delusional and vicious cunts. Family is family.

I'd have a talk with Dany about her very questionable taste in men...

I'd like to meet Melisandre's crazy ass though I have no idea what I'd say to her.

"Ned, first off, I agree with you. Joffrey is a bastard and has no claim to the Iron Throne. But here's the thing. You JUST sent 95 percent of your household guard off chasing Gregor Clegane. This Renly fellow, who you've known pretty much his entire life and has shown himself to be a pretty standup guy, is offering you quite a few men to keep the peace until you sort things out. You should probably take him up on that. Hell, he wasn't even asking for anything. Just my feeling on it, but I'd trust him a bit more than that Littlefinger guy. Seriously, he seems like a worm."

Theon: Your real family is absolutely terrible to you for no reason, so screw them. Instead, stick with Robb as he actually cares for you like a brother and close friend. Oh, he also needs you to keep him from marrying the first chick he sticks his dick in.

Sansa: Joffrey is a bastard, both figuratively and literally, so when your father ends the betrothal it is actually a good thing.

Ned: Seriously man, the lady's father ordered the killing of a toddler and infant because how their grandfather had slighted him. Do you really expect her to run away in shame if you tell her what you know? Additionally, tell both Cat and Jon the truth about his parentage cannot you see how your lie has hurt both of them and caused a unhealthy relationship between them.

I'd tell Viserys to stay in Pentos :crying: (I know he was horrible, but I have soft spot for him...)

And I'd yell at Cersei not to trust that high septon... not because I really want her to win or anything. It's just that when reading her conversations with him even I could tell how it was going to end... and I suck at predicting stuff in books, so it was really frustrating that she couldn't see it.

...aaand I'd tell Ned to wake up and realise that he can't assume everyone is like him. That, in fact, most people in Kings Landing are horrible liars and he needs to either play the game properly or get out of there.

I would explain the Germ Theory of Disease to Archmaester Ebrose.

Or

I would explain how to produce gunpowder to Maester Luwin and/or Mikken.

Love.

On a more personal level, I'd tell Barristan Selmy that Aerys was already dead at Duskendale

What's the thing you could say to someone that would have the greatest benefit for the folks of Westeros thereafter?

"Robert, congratulations on the wedding and well done with the usurping and everything. Here's what you have to do tonight. Go to bed sober, be all kingly but nice, let her have a peek at your abs in the firelight, make sure you take a long time in giving her a good time, practise saying her name: Cersei, you're so lovely, don't don't don't mention the L word; afterwards, cuddle her and stroke her hair while you silently sing every verse of The Bear and the Maiden Fair ten times or until she falls asleep, whichever comes first."

What's the thing you could say to someone that would have the greatest benefit for the folks of Westeros thereafter?

"Robert, congratulations on the wedding and well done with the usurping and everything. Here's what you have to do tonight. Go to bed sober, be all kingly but nice, let her have a peek at your abs in the firelight, make sure you take a long time in giving her a good time, practise saying her name: Cersei, you're so lovely, don't don't don't mention the L word; afterwards, cuddle her and stroke her hair while you silently sing every verse of The Bear and the Maiden Fair ten times or until she falls asleep, whichever comes first."

Like a lot. Love conquers all!

Archived