Would Robb execute Jon?

Arrein The Only

No, he spared Catelyn when she freed Jaime, which was a bigger treason than Karstark.

If we can use his plan to make Jon his heir as a comparison, he may have sent a bunch of more men to join The Watch in Jon's place and declared Jon free of his oath by royal decree.

It depends on a few things: if Robb needs to prove himself like he proved that he would execute traitors by killing Karstark, and if his people are watching, then he might need to make an example of Jon. Though he'd probably hate himself forever for it. My guess is that he'd look for a different way outor try to keep it quiet.

I think people overestimate how much the northern lords would really care about a NW deserter being let off the hook when they have lord Tywin and his army to worry about. Umber, Karstark and all the rest also all want to build good relations with their new leader; they're not going to pester him to do some kinslaying. I'm not sure killing your half-brother looks better than letting a deserter off either. Also, if Jon joined the army when Ned was still thought to be alive I think a decision would have been deferred until his release.

I think people overestimate how much the northern lords would really care about a NW deserter being let off the hook when they have lord Tywin and his army to worry about. Umber, Karstark and all the rest also all want to build good relations with their new leader; they're not going to pester him to do some kinslaying.

Probably not, no.

It would have meant some bad PR at least. Especially with the Watch, though they aren't important to Robb anyway.

Jon himself would also have had even less honor than before. Bastard born plus being an oathbreaking deserter. But he might not have cared much.

no. as we have seen throughout the series, Robb trusts Jon with his life, and thats a very difficult thing to accomplish (...Theon...). He wouldnt sacrifice his brother for desertion-- desperate times, desperate measures. besides, he would be mad not to allow another deciple of Ned Stark's school of brilliant strategy in on his battle plans...

No, he spared Catelyn when she freed Jaime, which was a bigger treason than Karstark.

Not really, saying that Cat neither killed any prisoner nor any of Robb's men guarding Jaime.

He would probably not saying how big of deal kinslaying is, at most he would just send him back to the wall.

Not really, saying that Cat neither killed any prisoner nor any of Robb's men guarding Jaime.

I guess we can agree to disagree. Releasing the Stark's single most important bargaining chip and the only thing keeping the Lannisters from abusing Sansa and Arya (for all they know), ranks a million fathoms higher on the treason scale than killing two low level prisoners for me. Yes it's awful what Rickard did, but Jaime was the most important thing that the Starks had in their possession, not only a prisoner whose worth to the enemy was invaluable, but the greatest living warrior who could kill dozens and dozens of Stark men once he reunites with the Lannisters.

This...

Plus he was thinking of meathods to get his bro out of the Nights Watch... I doubt Robb would be too unhappy if he showed up. He'd give him hugs instead of the Ax.

I guess we can agree to disagree. Releasing the Stark's single most important bargaining chip and the only thing keeping the Lannisters from abusing Sansa and Arya (for all they know), ranks a million fathoms higher on the treason scale than killing two low level prisoners for me. Yes it's awful what Rickard did, but Jaime was the most important thing that the Starks had in their possession, not only a prisoner whose worth to the enemy was invaluable, but the greatest living warrior who could kill dozens and dozens of Stark men once he reunites with the Lannisters.

Sorry, it is absurd to say that Karstark's murder of two of Robb's prisoners and a number of his own men is lesser then releasing one prisoner in exchange for Robb's heirs.

I think he should, but would't, judging from how he was going to name him heir. He'd just issue a royal decree to break the oath.

Ned would. So Robb would. He'd welcome Jon with open arms, then someone would remind Robb of his duty, and he'd hate it but he'd do it. And he'd do it himself.

I doubt Ned would. He already gave up his honour to say Jon was his bastard, and honour is basicly Ned's life, plus he prommised Lyanna.

Archived