Favorite "absent" character?

In His Cups

For importance and number of mentions, the Swamp Pimp is hard to match. Not impossible, probably, but most of the other contenders are dead or unlikely to show up on-screen (especially as aDwD revealed that the theorized identity of the Three-Eyed Crow was correct, eliminating him from consideration). Howland, though, just seems like he must show up at some point.

However, for me the answer has to be Egg's third son, who married for love like his brothers (Duncan the Small and Jaehaerys II). It's likely that he's long dead, maybe at Summerhall, but I just find myself uncontrollably curious about him, his name, his bride, etc. Just one of those Martinworld things, where a minor character, barely mentioned, just catches your imagination.

I think it's very interesting that nobody wants to know more about Aerys II, the Mad King. It's mentioned many times that he wasn't always crazy (and actually showed potential as a good king), and although Targs are known to get that way "just because," I'm still very curious to see if there wasn't something specific that started to push him over the edge.

And Harry the Heir was a good suggestion.

Howland Reed obviously. There are alot of unanswered questions from this man that we are led to believe he would know about throughout the five books thus far. Next in line would be Benjen Stark (there is a reason GRRM hasn't shown us his dead body yet).

My favorite absent character will be our first Land of Always Winter POV.

BENJEN STARK!

I misread that originally and thought you were calling Benjen Stark the Lady of Always Winter... like the cold mistress of the Night's King... and I was REALLY confused and thought you were off your rocker. I really need to get glasses xD

Archived