Advance Screening - Season 3 Episode 1

sansasong

Only reviewers and people like that have received screeners. They can not be watched, not even illegally. Otherwise everyone would've seen them by now. You'll have to wait till sunday.

Monday here, well, only a couple of days. Have to wait longer than everybody here because I watched it in the evening with somebody.

Best to put here, some interviews with David and Dan:

http://www.accesshollywood.com/game-of-thrones-producers-on-season-3-some-scenes-were-so-emotional-they-left-our-tough-crew-crying_article_77161

http://herocomplex.latimes.com/tv/game-of-thrones-showrunners-drop-ominous-season-3-hints/#/0

If even the crew is crying it must be very emotional. :( If I only knew which episodes, yes we know one.

And we now know that season 4 will end with SoS and very few DwD and FfC stuff.

Just to clarify, it is common practice for a television series to send out screeners to critics before the season start. With GoT, they have been sending out the first four episodes to critics for them to watch. I think last year they may have received the next couple at some point down the road before they aired too. And then I think the remaining episodes are not issued and they need to be watched in real time with everyone else.

The public showings they've had were for the 1st episode only.

The New York Times gave season 3 a 50 on Metacritic. The same score given to the awful "Vengeance" season of Starz's Spartacus. And they gave Camelot a 70, which was another very weak show. Ridiculous.

The New York Times gave season 3 a 50 on Metacritic. The same score given to the awful "Vengeance" season of Starz's Spartacus. And they gave Camelot a 70, which was another very weak show. Ridiculous.

The New York Times has always pissed on Game of Thrones, claiming it to be a male-oriented Dungeons and Dragons type of show. Needless to say, their opinion is largely irrelevant when it comes to this show.

The NY Time piece was written by a critic who is a fan of SF and Fantasy. He gave it a pretty fair shake, from what I can tell. The problem, in part, is that Metacritic is being silly by calling that a 50/100 review. The guy basically says it's a good, entertaining show, it's just overpraised (and it is overpraised). If I were the Metacritic scorer, I'd probably call it a 70/100 based on that review.

I was invited to a pre screening in Vancouver and it was for the media and cable providers and put on by HBO.

Last year it was different with Kit Harington attending and they did a Q & A, there were no actors in attendance this year but they had food and drinks after the viewing and goody bags.

Archived