Advance Screening - Season 3 Episode 1

sansasong

Can you describe what...

Astapor

looked like?

The credits clockwork-Astapor had a big Harpy statue and long moving parallel "fences" that looked kind of like a strand of barbed wire between two posts. Not sure what they represent yet, but they stood out to me. The show Astapor opened with a shot of the giant golden Harpy statue, which was pretty impressive.

The credits clockwork-Astapor had a big Harpy statue and long moving parallel "fences" that looked kind of like a strand of barbed wire between two posts. Not sure what they represent yet, but they stood out to me. The show Astapor opened with a shot of the giant golden Harpy statue, which was pretty impressive.

Wow, that sounds very interesting! Thanks for that! :)

I guess I was hoping for pyramids.

So the question is, did clockwork-Astapor look more impressive than clockwork-Qarth? IMO Clockwork-Qarth is easily the worst map location of them all!

Wow, that sounds very interesting! Thanks for that! :)

I guess I was hoping for pyramids.

So the question is, did clockwork-Astapor look more impressive than clockwork-Qarth? IMO Clockwork-Qarth is easily the worst map location of them all!

Clockwork?????

You just mean how the city rises? (sorry English is not my first language so sometimes some metaphors I don't get.

Yeah, thats exactly what I mean :)!

I just thought that Qarth looked really poor on the map during Season 2.

I heard Elio say on Twitter when asked about Selyse/Shireen that through 4 episodes (which is all the critics have been provided at this point), there has been no sign of Selyse or Shireen. Davos is told by Saladhar Saan when he's rescued that Stannis only sees Melisandre and that he doesn't even let his own wife visit him. And that's the only mention of either of them so far...

I heard Elio say on Twitter when asked about Selyse/Shireen that through 4 episodes (which is all the critics have been provided at this point), there has been no sign of Selyse or Shireen. Davos is told by Saladhar Saan when he's rescued that Stannis only sees Melisandre and that he doesn't even let his own wife visit him. And that's the only mention of either of them so far...

That's...worrying. On the cutting room floor?

Wasn't there a shot of what looked like Shireen glomping Stannis in one of the trailers, though? Maybe it's from later in the season.

Yeah I bet that stuff doesn't appear until the leeching or maybe near the end of the season if they leave for the Wall.

I heard Elio say on Twitter when asked about Selyse/Shireen that through 4 episodes

Yeah, that Twitter has a few interesting (if very general) comments about the first four episodes (still potentially spoilery, so I'll put them under a cut):

Sounds like the end of the 4th episode is Dracarys in Astapor, but most of us had probably guessed that already. Also some praise for Noah Taylor (Locke), and for Jaime/Brienne's storyline in general. I remember Christie praised Taylor as well, so it should be quite good. There's a reference to "inane filler": the Twitter doesn't specifically reference it, but Bronn's scene in Episode 1 where he complains about not being paid enough sounds like it could qualify. Also praise for Paul Kaye as Thoros, described as kind of a mashup in the show of Thoros and Tom O'Sevens' characters in the book.

Yeah, that Twitter has a few interesting (if very general) comments about the first four episodes (still potentially spoilery, so I'll put them under a cut):

Sounds like the end of the 4th episode is Dracarys in Astapor, but most of us had probably guessed that already. Also some praise for Noah Taylor (Locke), and for Jaime/Brienne's storyline in general. I remember Christie praised Taylor as well, so it should be quite good. There's a reference to "inane filler": the Twitter doesn't specifically reference it, but Bronn's scene in Episode 1 where he complains about not being paid enough sounds like it could qualify. Also praise for Paul Kaye as Thoros, described as kind of a mashup in the show of Thoros and Tom O'Sevens' characters in the book.

Elio also made special note of the Dracarys buildup and climax at the end of E4, comparing it to the Birth of the Dragons at the end of S1. He even pointed out that Linda agreed with him that it was thrilling (which has to be impressive since she more or less hates anything about the show)

Archived