Could the Starks have the Others in their blood?

Targaryen Tempest

The thirteenth Lord Commander of the Night's Watch was in love with a woman with white skin and blue eyes, and she was as cold as ice (the Others). They declared themselves King and Queen of the wall, and sacrificed to the Others. Old Nan used to tell Bran that she believed that this Lord Commander was a Stark.

I just feel like in this universe, although I believe magic could be potentially learned by many, mortals don't seem to naturally have magical powers like the Starks do. If they had the blood of the Others in them, then possibly it could explain their abilities that the youngest are showing now that magic is leaking back into the world?

For example, The Targaryens were from old Valyria and although not everyone in their family shows magical powers, Dany is impervious to fire.

This would also be what I would consider a song of fire and ice, but I'd rather just talk about the Stark theory.

The thirteenth Lord Commander of the Night's Watch was in love with a woman with white skin and blue eyes, and she was as cold as ice (the Others). They declared themselves King and Queen of the wall, and sacrificed to the Others. Old Nan used to tell Bran that she believed that this Lord Commander was a Stark.

I just feel like in this universe, although I believe magic could be potentially learned by many, mortals don't seem to naturally have magical powers like the Starks do. If they had the blood of the Others in them, then possibly it could explain their abilities that the youngest are showing now that magic is leaking back into the world?

For example, The Targaryens were from old Valyria and although not everyone in their family shows magical powers, Dany is impervious to fire.

This would also be what I would consider a song of fire and ice, but I'd rather just talk about the Stark theory.

I think they get their power from the Children but I also believe the OG NK was a Stark, a Bran Stark, and that a bastard of Winterfell allied with Joramum to bring the NK down and afterwards the bastard became the new Lord of Winterfell, sound familiar at all?

I think they get their power from the Children but I also believe the OG NK was a Stark, a Bran Stark, and that a bastard of Winterfell allied with Joramum to bring the NK down and afterwards the bastard became the new Lord of Winterfell, sound familiar at all?

Sounds familiar. Wherever the source of their power comes from, I feel like The Starks and the Targaryens have magic in their blood. Bloodraven is magical and so is Bran. I just got the oddest feeling Bran was somehow being manipulated and it got me thinking about the Others and magic.

I mean the children of the forest were almost destroyed by the First Men. I wouldn't be surprised if all magical things were conspiring against and wanting the destruction of man.

Sounds familiar. Wherever the source of their power comes from, I feel like The Starks and the Targaryens have magic in their blood. Bloodraven is magical and so is Bran. I just got the oddest feeling Bran was somehow being manipulated and it got me thinking about the Others and magic.

They definitely do have some magical quality in their blood but something has happened recently that is 'awakening' it so to speak.

. like this idea but its unlikely. The chance of them having kids is pretty slim and even if they did, there no way it would going to Winterfell to pass is genes. More likely the Children power Northern Magic because Warg, while rare, aren't unheard of beyond the Wall and I'm sure it has soming to do with the Weirewoods.

Dany -- or any other Targaryen for that matter -- is NOT fireproof. She can tolerate heat better than others, but GRRM is on record as saying that her surviving Drogo's funeral pyre was a special circumstance brought about by the magic being invoked.

I used to think that the Targaryens and old Valaryens were decendents of what would become the Stark Family. remember the Starks were in power for 8thousand years. Valaryens have "silver hair" as the dominant trait. Remember, Bran's vision of what might have been the sacrafice of a man by a woman with "silver hair" that placed the "heart" in the heart tree in Winterfell, possibly before Winterfell even existed. The Starks and it seems, Targayens have magic in their blood but no other lineage seems to. It may be stretching but it is possible. Was not the "last hero" or one of the original people said to be a Stark missing after traveling abroad, seeking help in how to defeat the others? It was Bran's vision of that "silver haired woman" that touched this off in my brain. Maybe she was just old?

I don't like the Starks, but I don't think that they have anything to do with the Others, except being their enemies. The reason that I think this is because the Starks have the same kind of magic as th Children of the Forest, which means that at "best" the Starks might have interbreed with the Children at some point.

If we're going to run with the idea that the Boltons comes from the Night King then its entirely possible that they are an off-shot of House Stark. Although I personally don't really like this scenario.

But Bloodraven gets his magical blood from the same place Jon does, First Men, not Targaryen. Bloodraven & Jon are the only two examples we've been shown that marry First Men to Targaryens and they're the only two we have confirmed to have unique and special abilities, and they are connected to the old gods and their First Men blood, not the Targaryen side. Warging & greenseeing. Jon's mother is probably a Stark, Bloodraven's mother was a Blackwood.

But Bloodraven gets his magical blood from the same place Jon does, First Men, not Targaryen. Bloodraven & Jon are the only two examples we've been shown that marry First Men to Targaryens and they're the only two we have confirmed to have unique and special abilities, and they are connected to the old gods and their First Men blood, not the Targaryen side. Warging & greenseeing. Jon's mother is probably a Stark, Bloodraven's mother was a Blackwood.

I'm pretty sure that Targs have confirmed magical abilities too - namely dragon dreams (see Daenys the Dreamer, Daeron the Drunken).

Ran has a crackpot that Targs really got "blood of the dragon" in their veins, although he didn't clarify what he meant by that. But as I said, it's just his pet theory.

I'm pretty sure that Targs have confirmed magical abilities too - namely dragon dreams (see Daenys the Dreamer, Daeron the Drunken).

Ran has a crackpot that Targs really got "blood of the dragon" in their veins, although he didn't clarify what he meant by that. But as I said, it's just his pet theory.

I don't consider prophetic & magical abilities to be the same thing.

I don't consider prophetic & magical abilities to be the same thing.

Really? For me are prophecies part of the magical side of ASoIaF as they don't exist in real world. (Yes, I don't believe in such sh*t.)

Really? For me are prophecies part of the magical side of ASoIaF as they don't exist in real world. (Yes, I don't believe in such sh*t.)

They're part of the not of this world aspect of GRRMs verse, but I consider them different talents. Perhaps that a better way of putting it.

Actually even if the Night's King was a Stark (which I would like), he was a member of the Night's Watch and that means he wasn't ruling the North, meaning there was already a King in the North and it wasn't him. I'm guessing the Night's King had no live descendants and the real Stark line comes from the by then King in the North.

I do have something that is confusing me. How the hell did the Night's King wife, a WW, resided south of Wall? I thought it was magic and no WW could pass, that is the whole point of building it.

I do have something that is confusing me. How the hell did the Night's King wife, a WW, resided south of Wall? I thought it was magic and no WW could pass, that is the whole point of building it.

The NW must remain true. He invited her in, therefore she could get through. The invitation negates the magic.

Archived