Rank these houses in order of importance to the story

Prescott

Each of those houses is important to the story. Actions of one influences on the rest, so there is no rank in importance here. Perhaps, you could argue that Starks and Targaryens are the most important, but they also depend on other Houses, and persons. There is no solitude island in Westeros.

It's kind of hard to say since the story hasn't ended yet. The Daynes, for example, with that hype they have going, could turn out major figures in the next books, or they could be just the biggest red herring of all.

What I am sure of: 1, Starks 2, Targaryens

As Mladen previously mentioned, I don't think it's possible to rate the houses on importance to the story.

I think of it like a Jenga tower, take one house out and the whole thing tumbles.

Depends on how back you want to consider the story going. If we only look at the plot of the books the order will be quite a bit different than if you consider all the story that leads up to the events in the book. For instance, there are a number of houses above Targaryen in importance in the book (because we largely just see the actions of Dany for most of the books). But undoubtly they and Stark are the most important in consideration of the entire story (which starts hundreds of years before the AGoT).

See topic. Not in order of political importance, but in order of importance to the story.

Arryn

Baratheon

Bolton

Clegane

Dayne

Frey

Greyjoy

Harlaw

Karstark

Lannister

Martell

Mormont

Royce

Stark

Targaryen

Tarly

Tully

Tyrell

Umber

How come you think House Arryan is the most important house?

Of course every house is part of a complex web, but we can still have fun with this.

My own attempt:

1. Lannister

2. Stark

3. Baratheon

4. Targaryen

5. Greyjoy

6. Tyrell

7. Bolton

8. Frey

9. Martell

10. Tully

11. Clegane

12. Arryn

13. Tarly

14. Mormont

15. Karstark

16. Umber

17. Royce

18. Dayne

19. Harlaw

Margaery, Ser Loras are not important? o_O

not saying they're not important but after those 5 big houses, They're very important. However, think that they are of a level of importance equal to some other players from major houses like Arianne, Doran, quentyn and Oberyn martell. Edmure, brynden and Lysa tully. so they're still very important but on a level with lots of other characters just below these 5 houses.

not saying they're not important but after those 5 big houses, They're very important. However, think that they are of a level of importance equal to some other players from major houses like Arianne, Doran, quentyn and Oberyn martell. Edmure, brynden and Lysa tully. so they're still very important but on a level with lots of other characters just below these 5 houses.

But I think in the list Littlefinger is missing.. I would have put him on top xD

1. Stark
  2. Targaryen
  3. Lannister
  4. Tyrell
  5. Baratheon
  6. Greyjoy
  7. Bolton
  8. Frey
  9. Martell
  10. Tarly
  11. Tully
  12. Arryn
  13. Karstark
  14. Mormont
  15. Royce
  16. Umber
  17. Clegane
  18. Dayne
  19. Harlaw

I agree with this, except that I would bump up Houses Arryn and Dayne above Tarly and Tully on your list.

Archived