Davos will switch!

We're yet to see how will that develop, for all we know Jon is "dead" and when the invasion will happen. I presume it will be when North is most fragile, and thats when armies go south.

weren't few Vances allied with Freys, and didn't virtually all Riverlords gave hostages to KL, some to Jaime himself directly? And what of it?

I know that Black Walder killed one of the Vances at the Red Wedding.

I don't see the basis for this.

Davos and Stannis are one step away from Stavos, and if anything, Stannis would more than welcome Rickon. Why did Wyman send Stannis's best man to retrieve the believed heir to Winterfell, if not for Stannis's favor? Stannis wants Rickon back in Winterfell to solidify Northern support. Get Lord Paramount Rickon Stark to swear fealty to the true King on the Iron Throne and what remains of the North will follow in step with King Stannis. They'll have their Stark, there will be a King on the Iron Throne who will owe the North much, they will return to the relative stability that they had before Rickard's decision to join in with Southron politics.

Yes I believe Robert is right. Stannis was heir to the Iron Throne, but not Liege lord of the Stormlands. The bannermen were originally Renlys. Renly was the only one who can be blamed for what those bannermen did, they had served Renly for 18 years, why stop now.

In fact if you look at what Stannis has been through, loosing the Blackwater for example, his men have been remarkably loyal, no doubt the religion has helped in that regard. Looking at Davos's unquavering loyalty, the chants at Winterfell and the hardship his troops endure, you actually see that Stannis inspires great loyalty in his followers. That line repeated by Renly and the Lannisters that people dislike Stannis is absolute rubbish. After years of Robert's excess people are worried about the change Stannis would bring in but for those that actually serve him, they love him dearly.

• 1 year later...

this whole thread is insulting. why would davos betray stannis? Stannis is everything to Davos, gave him everything, this would go completely against his arc and will not happen. Davos will retrieve Rickon and return him to the North, and if Stannis is alive he will be really happy to see Davos.

i don't really think that the north will proclaim Rickon as King of the North. They still remember what happened to the last one and Lord Wyman wants Stannis king. So taking in consideration the northern conspiracy theory so will many other important houses. In their eyes Stannis saved and retrieved the true Lord of Winterfel.

Exactly, then Stannis can set up a betrothal of Rickon and Shireen and rule as King Regent

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I like this idea Davos is one if my favourite characters. Only I'd like to see Jon as KitN and maybe Davos end up being Jon's Hand. I just can't see Davos leaving Stannis, unless he dies, he's too loyal to betray Stannis.

:agree:

Very much agree, I see Davos stand up Stannis at times but I cannot see them switch. Maybe if Stannis goes crazy and goes all out evil he would kill Davos but I have a hard time with that one too

Davos: I'd rather fight than switch!

^^^ this

The only way Davos leaves Stannis (other than Stannis dying of course) is if Mel tries to kill any of his surviving family; they are the only thing, I think, that Davos loves more than Stannis. And there is that line in Dance where Mel is talking about how she glamoured Mance and mentions a "bag of finger bones" being used like she used rattleshirt's bone armor.

Archived