The Winds of Winter , return of Benjen Stark ?

davybyrne95

When Coldhands was introduced, I thought Benjen Stark! but we cannot be completely sure of that, Jon (I believe he will live in TWoW) will have to lead a ranging to lands of always winter at some point in TWoW, that is when we will know the fate of Benjen Stark

He could be Coldhands, he could be dead, if he is I think we'll see it in a Bran chapter.

I've been wondering whether he's going to pop up unexpectedly somewhere, Skagos, the hooded man in Winterfell. I of course have no idea how it would all come to pass.

I think Benjen is back already, as the Hooded Man in WF. He may have already been farther north than we've seen , but we get to hear about it ..or once there is a suitable Stark established in WF, he'll be free to do something else.

There are now two experienced Stark leaders ,Jon and Benjen ... one for the wall and one for WF .

I think Benjen has uncovered the conspiracy that there are no "good" or "bad" guys in Martin's world. The white walkers aren't evil, they're just mindless and have been brought back to balance power (Ice) against the dragons and the rise of R'hllor (Fire). I don't trust the children and the Greenseer either, and I think they've got some "to save Westeros we must destroy the race of men" trick up their sleeves, and I think Bran is gonna be played like a lute, and do some serious damage, until he wisens up and tames some dragons. Who knows?

Benjen chapters would be a goldmine of information about all the key figures in the KOTLT story, add that to being in the land of always winter on some sort of mission for the children/bloodraven, and him being a Stark, it all sounds so epic. I hope it happens. Maybe he left the obsidian at the fist for Jon too.

Could it also be possible that Benjen Stark had died, but had been reanimated into a Wight? Who leads an attack of some sort

Would be pretty lame if he was just a wight, i mean wights are basically mindless whitewalker spawns for all we know, why make benjen one of them? There are theories however that he is coldhands for example, maybe he became some kind of whitewalker champion or sth?

Would be pretty lame if he was just a wight, i mean wights are basically mindless whitewalker spawns for all we know, why make benjen one of them? There are theories however that he is coldhands for example, maybe he became some kind of whitewalker champion or sth?

That's what I meant sorry, some sort of badass white walker, didn't know Benjen could ride Elk haha

Benjen's gone, folks. His disappearance was required to bring the crows north of the Wall to see all that they saw, for Sam to learn how they're killed, for Mormont to die, for Jon to prepare for the Wildling and to become Lord Commander (and then to die). If he isn't back by now, and he wasn't with the Children, then he's dead. No other explanation makes any sense. He's not hiding, he didn't run off to Skagos. He served his purpose in the story, and he's never coming back.

Archived