[TV Spoilers] 'Walk of Punishment' - Promo Thread

Loras

the first part , I still think , "make me another son" is stupid.

so , we can made up things because it is never stated otherwise?!

there is no mention of Stannis underwear , so we can say he wears a golden underwear ? right? because it is never stated otherwise!

btw , from book we do realize he is not emotional , he is cold and dutiful even toward shireen . he loves her but he doesn't show any emotion.

He shows plenty of emotion and feelings in the novels: anger, frustration, under-stated happiness, he smiles on a few occasions. Though he isn't usually ruled by emotion and is logical--that does not make him unemotional. He is a human being.

Stannis is not a Borg or Vulcan. He is quite capable of emotion (anger etc.) in the books. If anything; they've toned it down on the show. He has been lost to despair after Blackwater (and I would argue suffering from PTSD given Dillane's performance). He is broken and literally clinging to one of his advisors--that has been set up from the beginning as his lover. He clearly derives some level of emotional support.

No point debating show vs.book as I see two of them as different canons. However, I failt to see how it is out of character for the show.

Whoa..... did you just say the show and the books are DIFFERENT?

Wow I can't believe someone just said that, it like never occurred to me..... I thought it was always.... just... wait... what?

Character assassination

Do you guys think it's possible we might get the mutiny at Craster's this week? They can't expand Sam's story too much, so I think something important is going to happen. Maybe it won't be the Old Bear getting killed, but I think we might see the seeds of dissent, and ultimately, swords getting drawn.

I think that this will probably be an establishing scene - remember this old guy and Gilly? Well here we are again. Then everything will kick off in the next episode.

I'd be surprised if we got more than one Night's Watch scene in this episode.

If I had to guess, I would predict that Robb (and family), Daenerys, Theon and Jaime/Brienne will get most of the screentime in this episode.

Quick question which is not intended to be rude. Have you read "A Dance With Dragons"? If not, I suggest you read the first Jon chapter. It is very clear from that chapter that Stannis is capable of behaving in a childish/emotional manner.

yes I have and I have seen no childish behavior from Stannis , anything particular you have in mind?

He shows plenty of emotion and feelings in the novels: anger, frustration, under-stated happiness, he smiles on a few occasions. Though he isn't usually ruled by emotion and is logical--that does not make him unemotional. He is a human being.

it seems I didn't say it correct , my bad , I meant as you said he is not ruled by emotion and in some particular field, like Love he has shown very little if not any emotion.

as I said before he loves his child (so he is capable of loving) he just doesn't show it. I didn't say he is robot , of course he is human . :P

So is Sam going to kill the Other in this episode or are they delaying that for later? I thought that Walk of punishment is his walk to Craster`s keep...

I don't think that will happen until later in the season. I think that they are building to that point as a climax in Sam's arc - it could be used to almost make him stop thinking so much about cowardice and taking responsibility for himself and Gilly.

However, if it does turn out to be about Sam's walk to Craster's, then I wish that the show runners would have left him out of the previous episode all together.

yes I have and I have seen no childish behavior from Stannis , anything particular you have in mind?

Most of his behaviour during that chapter could be considered bitter and childish. He threatens to have Jon replaced with Janos Slynt, he accuses Jon of cheating his way to the top, I will take the castles etc. these are all driven by emotion.

@ Associate Master

The creepiness I meant with regard to Stannis holding Melisandre and saying to give him another son, and her reaction indicating she is creeped out by it. Not to mention whatever he's doing at 0:28.

Agree that Stannis shows emotion at times but I don't see him showing elsewhere any of the emotion he shows Melisandre in the promo.

Did Arya and co left but the BWB went after them? Sounds like it.

"You're lucky we found you. The woods not safe for Ned's Stark daughter." (paraphrasing)

Poor Theon,

Ramsay is playing his nasty game with him.

That's good. :D

Can't wait!

thoros is talking about the previous ep when he found them in the woods, i dont think arya will escape in this ep

I agree that Stannis looks weird in the promo, but I think he loved Melisandre in the books at least for a while. I've always got the impression that he found a comfort with her he never got to find with anyone else. Melisandre says to herself in ADwD that her bed had little use after Stannis left the Wall, and that makes me think they used to sleep together quite often. I still worry about the direction they take his storyline in the show, though. His affair with Mel could be part of his character, but far from the most important part of him.

I agree that Stannis looks weird in the promo, but I think he loved Melisandre in the books at least for a while. I've always got the impression that he found a comfort with her he never got to find with anyone else. Melisandre says to herself in ADwD that her bed had little use after Stannis left the Wall, and that makes me think they used to sleep together quite often. I still worry about the direction they take his storyline in the show, though. His affair with Mel could be part of his character, but far from the most important part of him.

I think that it is important to remember that Melisandre has proved to Stannis that she has power. In the S2 finale she showed him something in the flames and it is quite clear from Episode 3.01 that he believes leaving Mel behind was the reason he lost Blackwater.

This is Stannis under Mel's spell. If you know that someone is truly powerful you probably wouldn't want them to leave either. It is like Frodo losing Gandalf in Moria all over again :(

I think that it is important to remember that Melisandre has proved to Stannis that she has power. In the S2 finale she showed him something in the flames and it is quite clear from Episode 3.01 that he believes leaving Mel behind was the reason he lost Blackwater.

This is Stannis under Mel's spell. If you know that someone is truly powerful you probably wouldn't want them to leave either. It is like Frodo losing Gandalf in Moria all over again :(

I think both these posts hit the nail on the head. They are obviously playing up some measure of care/concern in the show. We just don't know about it in the books. A lot of it also has to do that he's losing the adviser he has left. Davos tried to kill Mel and is in a cell. Stannis has been despondent and now the person he's been relying on is going off on a mission that she won't tell him about.

When do we get to see The Hound's trial by combat with Beric Donderrion? It probably won't be in this episode but maybe next?

Nothing seemed to indicate this from the episode promo. It doesn't look like an Arya-centric episode.

Archived