What is Littlefinger's endgame?

His end game may be vague (not saying it is), but he's too much of a hedonist for that.

I'm sorry, but when has LF done anything in the books for the purpose of pleasure. LF is not a hedonist, if he were poor little Sansa's maidehead would have been gone long ago. He seeks power and influence, not comforts and pleasure.

His end game may be vague (not saying it is), but he's too much of a hedonist for that.

I think he takes enormous, perhaps even erotic, pleasure in the chaos that he has caused. And caused it without most people suspecting that he is behind so many plots.

I think the comparison to the Joker is not unfair.

I'm sorry, but when has LF done anything in the books for the purpose of pleasure. LF is not a hedonist, if he were poor little Sansa's maidehead would have been gone long ago. He seeks power and influence, not comforts and pleasure.

I think he plans to make Sansa's life as miserable as possible though, to be fair.

There is no end game.

some men just want to watch the world burn

Yea, I think he had too much time to brood on how unfair society is when he was younger, and that lead to him developing a f**k the world mentality

I think he takes enormous, perhaps even erotic, pleasure in the chaos that he has caused. And caused it without most people suspecting that he is behind so many plots.

:lmao: I can just picture him getting aroused when thinking of all the people he's screwed over so far.

I disagree. I think he actually wants power and riches. I don't think chaos his goal at all.

Yet he already has power and riches and continues playing his game. Why would he help assissinatre Joffrey?

Littlefinger wants to Win the Game. But as we all all know, in this game you either win or you die, so LF isn't winning until everyone else is dead. So he's basically going to be constantly trying to gain more and more power, over both the lands of Westeros and Sansa, until somebody bumps him off.

I think it is interesting that some of the darker/more evil characters are the reformers.

I think Littlefinger does want to rule the country. Since he hasn't the bloodline, he has to entirely reform the monarchy. He wants to (probably selectively) remove the hereditary barriers to power and establish a meritocracy.

TV Joffrey suggested forming a modern army. I don't remember if book Joffrey also had that suggestion.

Dany oscillates between her meritocratic and hereditary ruler tendencies, but she is a force for bloodily pushing through massive social reforms.

I think he wants to build a house, one that will rival any other in both power and wealth. However, I think his obsession with doing so will be his ultimate downfall. I also think his downfall will come by the hands of Vary's.

i agree that he wants to build a house and rise above everyone who looked down on him for his birth. he's kind of a jay gatsby type character. completely self-made, reinventing himself after he was spurned by the woman he loves. but where gatsby simply wants to impress people, littlefinger wants influence.

but i think his downfall will involve sansa. he was obsessed with catelyn and his obsession has knocked a screw loose. he hides it well but he's still not quite right about it. he has sansa in the palm of his hand and he's not going to be able to resist the temptation sooner or later. he's going down a bad road.

LF is just a troll... A part of me almost believes he makes it all up as he goes, jumping from one convoluted scheme to another just for fun. I mean, how much power can he want? If he had continued helping the Lannisters, Joffrey would sit the throne, Tywin would be alive and LF would sit as not only Lord of Harrenhal, but also Lord Paramount of the Riverlands. Maybe he just wants to own everything and kill everyone... maybe he's the Great Other in disguise! Or maybe this is just like some game of chess between Varys and Littlefinger... :dunno:

He is certainly trying to gain ever more power and influence, but he keeps his name out of most of the big power moves. I think he is addicted to playing the game. He is out to prove that when all is said and done, it was he who controlled the realm. All in all, he is on a suicide mission to bring everyone else to their knees simply so he can say that he did.

He wants Sansa to dress like Cat and pretend to be Cat while he tells her every sneaky thing he has ever done. Then he wants to have sex with Catsa, and then have an ambiguous ending about his fate. That is Little Finger's end game.

Yeah, I think a big part of his end game revolves around proving himself a worthy ruler/lord of the Riverlands/Vale/North... in vengeance for how he was treated/humiliated when younger. Riverlands- vengeance fir being rejected as lowborn for Cat, North- vengeance for taking Cat away from him, Vale- for taking his back-up plan Lysa.

He wants to rule, but behind the scenes, he doesn't like being the figurehead. I think ruling isn't the limit though, he lives to play the game and to him, there is never enough money or enough power, he always wants more.

Littlefinger wants to Win the Game. But as we all all know, in this game you either win or you die, so LF isn't winning until everyone else is dead. So he's basically going to be constantly trying to gain more and more power, over both the lands of Westeros and Sansa, until somebody bumps him off.

I'm with you. In the bigger picture he's like the pawn on the chessboard, everybody's looking out for bishops and towers, but he's strategically trying to reach the other end to become a queen. He might seem to be on one side he's playing to show that he knows better how the game is played

Archived