what will happen with ko jhaqo and daenerys ?

davybyrne95

You guys gotta remember:

Dragons are powerful, but not that powerful. Besides, that's Dany there, with only one dragon. Drogon is vicious and all, but he's still young. He's not Balerion the Black Dread. Do we know how grown is he?

On the wiki, it says that three of Aegons dragons combined killed 4000 people throughout his campaigns. That's a lot, yes, but no more than an army kills.

I hope Dany stops using cheats in this game, but I believe Martin's chosen her, and I'll just have to make my peace with that.

I do agree with people who say she's going to Volantis. And I'd like to add, only way she's crossing to Westeros is sailing the Narrow sea, meaning lots of land travel.

Hi. I don't usually respond here, total lurker, but I had a bit of a thought regarding the Iron Fleet.

Why do so many people assume that Daenerys will load her troops, alongside her vulnerable "children", onto Ironborn ships? Who are the crews on these ships exactly - Ironborn, right? The same Ironborn that raped a Maester? The same Ironborn that are reputed for their propensity to rape and murder?

If Daenerys does, in fact, use the Iron Fleet to transfer her people to Westeros... I really fear for them. Neither herself nor Victarion will be able to control the goings-on on each and every ship. Many of the passengers will be mistreated (to put it lightly) on the voyage. Unless the Ironborn suddenly have a huge change of heart regarding their culture of weak vs strong, Daenerys would be incredibly naive to entrust those that rely on her to these pirates.

the ironborn will take her armies. most of the people who follow dany will be left behind. even so those who are taken would more likely be thought of as danys property even though they are freeman. You have to consider the people dany Is amassing the ironoborn the dothraki the unsullied eve the dragons themselves have a capacity for cuelty that no other faction possesses. what will it take for dany to Lead that army and spread fire and blood to her enemies?

I wouldn't mind if we never saw Volantis again in this series. What's important is her arrival in Westeros which has been built up since her very first chapter in GoT. In the last Dany chapter she seemed to realize that trying to civilize Essos was foolish and a distraction. I expect her time with the Dothraki to be a bit drawn out though, based on GRRM's comments.

Seems to me that the Dothraki value strength above all else. I'd think Cohollo would fall in line. If not, Drogon eats him & everyone else falls in line. Either way, she goes back to Meereen with a Dothraki army. Which will be a good addition to the Ironborn's soldiers & ships, her freedmen & probably some sellswords... Oh, & the dragons. Seems like enough to win a war. Or not. Who knows?

I see two scenarios. Inevitably, I see Dany being taken to the dosh kahleen, so one way or another I think that happens. How she makes it there is the question.

1. Jhaqo plans on raping and killing Dany. I see him recognizing her and getting his bloodriders to go after her, but when Dany is attacked Drogon acts out (Dany almost warging the dragon), and kills them. The riders that remain cut off their pony tails and lay them at her feet. She goes back with the riders to the khalasar and having these riders as her own, she decides Mereen can wait while she goes after the rest of HER khalasar, by taking out Mago. He is at the Vaes Dothrak where the two have their conversation and come to an understanding. She asks that the Khalasar ride out with her to Mereen to sack all of Slavers Bay. She realizes the Dothraki are not meant to join her in Westeros though, and leaves Mago as Khal.

2. Drogon flies off when the Dothraki come. Jhaqo gets Dany and decides to take her to the dosh khaleen where she belongs. There the crones end up bowing to her at the womb of the wolrd and both khalasars see. She has words with Mago, which make Jhaqo angry and he is eventually killed for drawing his arakh in Vaes Dothrak.

Tl;dr version: Dany makes it to the dosh khaleen, Jhaqo dies, Mago and her make nice.

Its quite well set up in Westeros for a Dorne vs Reach war. All the Essos stuff will need to be resolved too. I think these two events are going to be the major plots of the Winds of Winter.

Blackfyre Aegon/Varys plot vs Tommen/Lanisters. The Blackfyres will prevail which will set the scene for a show down with Dany.

Doesn't Dany have to go East to go West, North to go South?

Hi. I don't usually respond here, total lurker, but I had a bit of a thought regarding the Iron Fleet.

Why do so many people assume that Daenerys will load her troops, alongside her vulnerable "children", onto Ironborn ships? Who are the crews on these ships exactly - Ironborn, right? The same Ironborn that raped a Maester? The same Ironborn that are reputed for their propensity to rape and murder?

If Daenerys does, in fact, use the Iron Fleet to transfer her people to Westeros... I really fear for them. Neither herself nor Victarion will be able to control the goings-on on each and every ship. Many of the passengers will be mistreated (to put it lightly) on the voyage. Unless the Ironborn suddenly have a huge change of heart regarding their culture of weak vs strong, Daenerys would be incredibly naive to entrust those that rely on her to these pirates.

I was operating under the assumption that Meereen has ships. & if Yunkai gets their butts kicked again, they'd have more ships. The Ironborn don't have the patent on sailboats.

• 3 weeks later...

the dothraki follow only strenght.

I doubt she will have a problem getting them to follow her once they see drogon and know he is named after their Karl. Hell they will probably believe he is in some way a reincarnation and jump right on side.

danny will welcome all but kill the top brass after a few days.

Dany can be terrible to her enemies and the khalasar is likely to bend anyway, but he may be too valuable to kill.

I think Dany is sanguine enough to kill him on the spot, and it would be a nice moment to have the casual reader starts to wonder if she's not going nuts as well.

You forget the Volantene slave fleet. Foreshadowing suggests they will revolt and declare for Dany, and combined with the Ironborn she will have enough ships to land in Westeros with a sizeable army. The dothraki may help lift the siege of Meereen, or attack Volantis, but I don't think there's enough time for her to go back to Vaes Dothrak - and ask yourself, if she unites the khalasars and has 100,000+ dothraki screamers at her command, how is that going to be an interesting fight when she lands in Westeros? She'd be way overpowered. If she leaves them in Essos to shatter the remaining slave cities, how will she keep control over them from another continent? Why would they be interested in abolshing slavery? The dothraki are slavers, I don't think the fact Dany has a dragon is going to change thousands of years of cultural practice.

That khalasaar is strong enough to take down one, young dragon.

With Drogon dead, Jhaqo takes her to Vaes Dothrak, where she should've been spending the rest of her days since the ending of book 1.

Happy End

Ko Jhaqo will die a very painful death and the Dothraki in the Mother of Mountains and Vaes Dothrak will bow before her.

Beneath the Mother of Mountains, a line of naked crones crept from a great lake and knelt shivering before her, their grey heads bowed

"Before I am done with them, Mago and Ko Jhaqo will plead for the mercy they showed Eroeh"

Considering how Martin likes to throw expectations to the wind (though Dance of Dragons seemed to have ended sooner than originally planned, so who knows), the one thing I don't expect is for Drogon to kill the Khal and all the Dothraki unite behind Danaerys creating the largest army in Essos and Westeros. More likely, Drogo gets killed.

You forget the Volantene slave fleet. Foreshadowing suggests they will revolt and declare for Dany, and combined with the Ironborn she will have enough ships to land in Westeros with a sizeable army. The dothraki may help lift the siege of Meereen, or attack Volantis, but I don't think there's enough time for her to go back to Vaes Dothrak - and ask yourself, if she unites the khalasars and has 100,000+ dothraki screamers at her command, how is that going to be an interesting fight when she lands in Westeros? She'd be way overpowered. If she leaves them in Essos to shatter the remaining slave cities, how will she keep control over them from another continent? Why would they be interested in abolshing slavery? The dothraki are slavers, I don't think the fact Dany has a dragon is going to change thousands of years of cultural practice.

My own theory is her return to Westeros would be a military disaster even with a nigh on unstoppable force. As Aegon consolidates the South, she decides to proof she is his equal (since she would be hesitant to go to war openly with a presumed nephew fighting for the Targaryan name) by attacking the Stark and Baratheon forces... which are in the North... during Winter... after burning the invasion fleet to show they cannot retreat (Cortez style)... If the North really does experience 40 feet of snow in a given winter... I can see Danaerys's force being reduced to cannibalism, starvation, and death far faster than Stannis. Heck, Dothraki would probably eat each other before they started to eat their mounts.

Would make Napoleon's march to Moscow seem like driving a car down the autobahn.

Archived