ConQuesT 44 in Kansas City

I know there's been a few other posts about this, but as the event's newly appointed head of public relations I was asked to make an office event announcement. Since we all clearly know who GRRM is I won't bother with the press release, but I will include a bit of other info about the convention and upcoming deadlines for those interested in attending.

ConQuesT 44 is being held over the Memorial Day weekend, May 24-26, at the Holiday Inn CoCo Key, Kansas City, MO (near the Truman Sports Complex - if you're familiar with the area)

GRRM will be participating in two panel discussions, an autographing session, and a live chapter reading from either “The Winds of Winter" or “The World of Ice and Fire.” He has been attending Kansas City's ConQuesT since 1972, whenever his schedule permits. In the past he has been the convention's Author Guest of Honor as well as its Toastmaster.

ConQuesT is one of the oldest enduring fantasy and science fiction conventions held in the Central States. It gathers together fans and professionals with interests in the genre's literature, artwork, films, television programming, costuming, and gaming. The annual event is sponsored by the Kansas City Science Fiction and Fantasy Society (http://kacsffs.blogspot.com).

This year’s Guests of Honor include author Patrick Rothfuss, artist John Picacio (illustrator of the 2012 A Song of Ice and Fire calendar), fanzine editor Christopher J. Garcia, author Patricia C. Wrede, editor Teresa Nielsen Hayden, and cartoonist John Kovalic.

As for deadlines:

Online reg is cut off after May 15th (obviously there will still be at con reg)

The hotel room block rate of $85/night is cut off after April 30th. (If there is an extension I will reply here and it will be on the website)

For more information on ConQuesT 44 please visit www.ConQuesTkc.org. Daily updates are featured on all of ConQuesT’s social network accounts which can be accessed via the website.

From the forum I know that at least Ser Kennos of Kayce' and myself will be in attendance.

• 2 weeks later...

And one more event...

Friday May 24th 5:00pm - 6:00pm State of the Art with GRRM, John Picacio, and Patrick Rothfuss

I should also clarify the Saturday and Sunday events will probably only last 90 minutes, but we scheduled 2 hours in case they run over.

I'm working on the material for the 5pm slideshow event with GRRM on Friday. Gonna be one of the most fun panels of ConQuest 44. It's called "The State of the Art" and it'll be GRRM, Patrick Rothfuss, John Hornor Jacobs, ASFA President Mitch Bentley, Fan GoH Christopher J. Garcia, and me discussing the past, present and future of sf/fantasy art. It'll be an exploration of book and comic book art, discussing what works and what doesn't, with free-wheeling commentary from all of the above. Spread the word on this one, if you would. And if that weren't enough -- I'll have some promo art freebies to give away to all in attendance at this one! :)

Archived