Proof of Varys heritage? [book spoilers]

NurseNinja

I think Varys is exactly who he claims to be; a man who came from the streets and worked his way up to the small council by doing the necessary things other people despise.

Not every character has to have a complicated background.

In fact; such a simple background makes Varys such an interesting character.

Yes, the blood magic aspect occurred to me while watching the show Sunday night. I've been suspicious of his bald head since reading Dunk & Egg though, and feel like there is a good chance he has Targ heritage. Two possibilities- yes, the Blackfyres are "extinct in the male line" but Varys is a eunuch and not likely to procreate, so that could be a clever bit if wordplay. Second is the possibility that he is an actual Targ, via the Aerion Brightflame line.

I think this may have been said in one of the perennial Aegon isn't a fake/is a Blackfyre/is a fake but not a Blackfyre threads already. I think it functions well as something in a list of hints, but its not conclusive. A good part of the body of the argument.

I think the spell could have been something Varys asked for, but it demanded a high price. Kingsblood is used in the most powerful of spells, but ot doesn't specifically take kingsblood for any spell, it can also come from people without kingsblood.

The sorcerer might also have been Varys's mentor in magic, one of the few remaining wizards.

Archived