Ned Stark's mother

BeWareOfMyHouse

There is a theory out there that she is/was a Skag and that's why Rickon went to Skagos. The times match up if you assume that the Skagos rebellion was ended by a marriage.

It's based purely on speculation.

but it makes a lot of sense. Skagos will be coming into play soon, and there has to be some back story related to the Starks, otherwise I dont think Osha would go there. The link I posted above does have a lot of holes in the theory and one is, how would Osha know to go to Skagos, meaning if Lyannas mother is still alive and living on Skagos how would Osha know that? Or did she just take Rickon there by coincidence? We will have to wait and see I guess.

• 3 months later...

I always thought she could have been an Arryn, effectively giving Sansa a claim to the Vale even if (when) Sweetrobin dies/Harry the Heir bites it. Or even perhaps a Tully redhead, which explains why almost all of Ned's children have red hair (the gene that produces red hair must be passed on from both parents for it to show up in their offspring). Of course the theory that she was from Skagos is likely as well.

I always thought she could have been an Arryn, effectively giving Sansa a claim to the Vale even if (when) Sweetrobin dies/Harry the Heir bites it. Or even perhaps a Tully redhead, which explains why almost all of Ned's children have red hair (the gene that produces red hair must be passed on from both parents for it to show up in their offspring). Of course the theory that she was from Skagos is likely as well.

I am going to make a wild guess(with no outside help whatsoever) that she was a Stark. That both Ned's parents were related.

I am going to make a wild guess(with no outside help whatsoever) that she was a Stark. That both Ned's parents were related.

Are you punkin' us? Any frequent visitor to the boards would know that this has been confirmed by the preview Stark family tree that was released in advance of The World of Ice and Fire (to be released in Oct.) and that Ned's mother is Lyarra Stark, and that she is the 1st cousin, once removed from Ned's father, Rickard.

• 2 months later...

From the current Wow!-thread:

Ned's mother has been revealed by now ;) A few months ago (3, maybe 4?). Her name was Lyarra Stark, a first cousin once removed (if I'm using the terms correctly) of Rickard.

Basically, Lyarra's father was a brother of Rickards grandfather.

http://edelweiss-assets.abovethetreeline.com/RH/supplemental/GRRM_WOIF_SellPacket_spreads-lowres.pdf

Follow that link, last page ;)

• 6 months later...

Lady Stark's identity does mean nothing. In The World Of Ice And Fire it shows that Lady Stark was born Lyarra Stark and was actually Rickard's first cousin once removed. She has already been identified by GRRM. She probably just died young which is why there is no mention of her.

Archived