Biggest wildcard yet to be played?

KingGendry

Archmaester Marwyn, Victarion, and Tyrion - all three of them are currently converging on Meereen and Dany. Marwyn is a total unknown, Vicky's a couple dozen horses short of stable, and Tyrion has been bizarro-Tyrion ever since he married Sansa and getting worse by the day. The result of these three all joining her retinue, plus Jorah rejoining her ranks and Barristan the Old trying to manage it all ought to be hilarious.

Samwell Tarly, Slayer - I'm going to be stunned if his sole purpose for the rest of the books is becoming a maester. He needs to get is fat a$$ets back to the Wall.

Howland Reed - if he ever crawls out of the swamp, he's gonna be the official Knight of Cerebus for the series, 'cause shit will be gettin' real the minute he shows up.

Harry the Heir, a/k/a the Young Falcon - he's another unknown, and we've no idea what his effect will be on the landscape, especially if he figures out the truth about Sansa before LF's ready to set up the big reveal.

Jaqen and Sarella, a/k/a Pate and Alleras - a Sand Snake and a FM have both infiltrated the Citadel. This cannot bode well.

Hot Pie - nobody knows what's going on in that crazy bastard's head.

I think it has to be Arya between her connection to the faceless men, braavos, the brotherhood, the starks, Jon, and her warging, with her wolf pack in the riverlands, and her soon to be used face changing abilities. Add all these possibilities with the fact that its been 5 books and we don't have one clue where her arc is going all we can tell is whatever she does it will be the game changer.

I agree Arya will have a huge role in the resolution of the story. not sure she qualifies as "wild card yet to be played," though, as the OP intended the question.

Otherwise, the Others and the iron Bank. We already see the IB in position to be the critical factor that turns the tide for Stannis. Not saying Stannis ends up the "winner" whatever that means, but his actions and success (even if short-lived) will be a big factor.

The Others is THE big factor the entire series has been building up to.

Archived