Biggest wildcard yet to be played?

KingGendry

So, by now we know lots about the state of various houses, the Lannister/Tyrell alliance in meltdown, the Starks, and Stannis stuck in the North. We have spent lots of time with these big players.

But what (or who) is the biggest wildcard still to enter the scene and make an impact? Is it the Vale, the Dornish spears, Euron perhaps, or maybe LF/Varys still have something up their sleeves? Interested to hear your thoughts.

Bran is about to be involved in everything.

Sorry for the short answer, I almost typed simply "Bran"

I know he's been part of the story, but never really personally been involved in the affairs of Westeros OR the wall, and he is about to play a heavy part in everything to come.

I know he's been part of the story, but never really personally been involved in the affairs of Westeros OR the wall, and he is about to play a heavy part in everything to come.

I have to agree, and not just because I like BR.

And that will involve the Others.

And he's being mentored by the dude who has had an active role in influencing events for around a century.

There are the Corsair King and Aurane Waters as well - what part will they play?

Really the next step is to see what Aegon and Dany do.

Aurane Waters is a good shout, I think Aegon will carry on being successful, Dany's dragons are a massive wildcard if they ever land in Westeros.

I'm not so sure about that, even though Bran's powers are by far the most mythical if you don't consider the Dragons, but I seriously doubt it'll bring him infinite powers to bring down armies... Not to mention that whatever powers he may gain, wouldn't they be limited to where the Old Gods are still strong (ie, the North)?

For me there's no one wild card, what we'll see is that the war of the five kings goes into its second phase, where all the new players appear and destroy each other and the country in the process.

I'm not so sure about that, even though Bran's powers are by far the most mythical if you don't consider the Dragons, but I seriously doubt it'll bring him infinite powers to bring down armies... Not to mention that whatever powers he may gain, wouldn't they be limited to where the Old Gods are still strong (ie, the North)?

For me there's no one wild card, what we'll see is that the war of the five kings goes into its second phase, where all the new players appear and destroy each other and the country in the process.

I didn't say anything about power, im talking about influence, and as Varys said...

Influence is everything.

as to your bolded question: Ravens.

Bloodraven sees the South.

Depends on the theatre, I would say:

Since we are supposed to see a lot of The North in the future, I would say Bran will start to make his presence known.

In Kings Landing, Mace Tyrell is going to make a grab for the Iron Throne; he is very ambitious and so far has suceeded with his rise to power and while himself not as brilliant as some others, he has a lot of able people around him.

In the South Jagen Hghar has undoubtly an important role to play; he certainly hasn´t infiltrated the Citadel just for fun.

In Essos Moqorro and Marwin; one a Red Priest the other a mysterious maester and both seem to know a lot more than they let on.

Archived