Biggest wildcard yet to be played?

KingGendry

The Hightowers. Most people seem to have overlooked the fact that they're pretty well-equipped

1. Richer than the Tyrells, as rich as the Lannisters

2. Can field more men than any of the Tyrell bannermen

3. Land power AND naval power

4. Strong influence on the Citadel

5. Mad Malora likes looking at spellbooks with her old father, Lord Leyton. So, they also dabble in magic.

6. Cautious (even more cautious than Doran Martell, i believe.)

And if anyone tried to lay a siege on them or even attack their seat, well, the Hightower, I believe, is pretty impregnable seeing it stands hundreds of meters high.

Tormund Giantsbane and Val....

There was some thread earlier that theorized that these two Wildings hold a certain place amongst there people as sort of religious heads. I don't remember the name of the specific thread, but the general theory was that Mance married Val's sister to receive her blessing from the "old gods" and that Tormund has so many titles (okay so I doubt that Tormund will play a larger part).

Bran will have a lot of impact on the happenings North. I think both Tyrion and Quaithe will play an important role in making Dany see she needs to head to Westoros (along with the gift of the late Victarion Greyjoy's Iron Fleet). I also think that Arya will have a major impact on the Riverlands through the form of Nymeria. I could possibly see the same for Ghost (Jon) in the North.

Wow there are so many wildcards in this series.

Bran is the biggest. He is a main character and it looks like he will have great power at some point. Who knows how he will use it.

Dorne is another as is the Vale. Both have been untouched by war and both are now getting ready for action.

Dany will change everything when she does land.

Aegon is already changing things.

Sansa will change the game once she is revealed as Sansa again.

Jon and Robbs will and R+l=J when it's revealed.

Jon being reborn as AAR will change a whole bunch.

Then we have the smaller players. Illiyrio, the faceless men, the Maesters, the Sparrows, Aurane Waters, the Iron Bank, Rickon, the Free Cities...

This is what I love about this series. So many possibilities to change everything.

Euron and his Dragon-Controlling horn.

I also think the Sparrows are going to be an enemy that has to be dealt at from within just as the Others are marching on the Wall. Cersei's biggest blunder was allowing the church to take up arms.

Aeron Greyjoy will no doubt turn on Euron the very moment things go sour for his fleet... And the Iron Islanders respect the Damphair immensely.

After his first defeat Euron could pretty easily find himself without a kingdom to get back to. Let's not forget that one of the Lords Euron made in the Shield Islands is loyal to Asha, as is House Harlaw.

Warging, training, and controlling dragons. Whoever can control one of these beasts will do more damage than anyone in this series has seen in the shortest amount of time. You meet any 2 armies on a field with a dragon under control you will be destroyed. any city seiged with a dragon under your control will be detroyed. Their effect and total damage is not yet seen.

Armoured Giant, Armed Wildling

The wildlings are at the wall. Ther is nothing to do but train. Each day they are instilled with more and more discpline. The free folk are already skilled at arms; how long must they train untill they are just as discplined as a professional army? I'm eager to see well-equiped, discplined wildlings fight, especially the spearwives at Longbarrow. They have Iron Emmet to drill them and the fact that all unaffliated wildling women go there means that the garrison is probably larger than the other castles.

Field of Fire

Jon being revealed as Rhaegar's bastard or true born son, Dany landing in Westeros, and Aegon fighting in the Stormlands. Three Targaryen heirs released on Westeros at the same time will be epic.

Archived