[book spoilers] Nitpick without repurcussions

Winter's Knight

1. Tormund is not funny, he has no bullshit stories or joy in anything, really. He is just another false badass, trying hard to seem intimidating. Waste of a fun character

Calling Tormund fun because he never stops talking about his knob is just as bad as calling Vargo Hoat fun because he has a lisp. I suppose you would have liked Tormund, back in episode 1, to tell Jon "Hey, a traitor crow! ME MEMBER ME MEMBER HAR ME MEMBER HAR HAR", rather than being suspicious and intimidating. And I imagine those who found the Goat funny to be all "Ahah! Captith! Thappireth! Ah, the wanker does not know how to talk! Ahah! Thappireth again! Classic!"

Plain bad.

Missendei will double as Dany's human vibrator on the show-a role that Irri undertook in the books, hence the aging up.

That scene was pretty throwaway in the books and didn't advance the plot much, but it did feature Dany being fingered by one of her handmaidens. I'm guessing you're right and they'll keep it in.

Calling Tormund fun because he never stops talking about his knob is just as bad as calling Vargo Hoat fun because he has a lisp. I suppose you would have liked Tormund, back in episode 1, to tell Jon "Hey, a traitor crow! ME MEMBER ME MEMBER HAR ME MEMBER HAR HAR", rather than being suspicious and intimidating. And I imagine those who found the Goat funny to be all "Ahah! Captith! Thappireth! Ah, the wanker does not know how to talk! Ahah! Thappireth again! Classic!"

Plain bad.

Its what made his character unique, now he's bland and boring. He was a blowhard who loved to tell bullshit tall tales. I dont get the change and I dont see why its needed. Hawkman could play suspicious well enough, why take away some levity.

How did you get from Tormund to Vargo Hoat? You're talking about finding humour in a mans disability and I am saying there is humour to be found in Tormounds ridiculous tall tales.

That scene was pretty throwaway in the books and didn't advance the plot much, but it did feature Dany being fingered by one of her handmaidens. I'm guessing you're right and they'll keep it in.

Sex before emotion? Sounds like the producers.

There's probably a reason for that. Having spent a year in the Finnish Defence Forces, I am very aware that even a week spent in a frozen forest is going to leave you covered with filth. Wildlings don't even get sauna/hot showers in between.

When Jon decided to plunge straight at the unwashed and unshaven crotch of a barbarian woman the moment he saw her get naked, I decided he's the bravest character of them all. Or the foulest.

hehe i also had a few issues with that. 'oh lets get totally naked in a shallow freezing cave drenched in icy water and go swimming' maybe we are meant to think it was a hotspring pool, in which case wouldnt all the wildlings in their group be huddled up in there for the warmth, not very romantic, but oh well. also every scene to do with beyond the wall as been rushed to such a point it basicly ruins it. it seems like Ygritte is just really clingy after sex, rather than actually being in love with Jon, and Jon him self is just like 'aww yeah i just wanna have sex with u' grr their whole relationship -and the ending- was one of my fave things from the book, very bitter sweet. they seem to enjoy screwing with Jons story. the way theyve depicted him now the whole LC thing is gonna seem so out of the blue and stupid.. :(

that being said im really happy with this episode, i loved the bath scene, very happy with that!

another nit-pick, why Loras, not only his really gay scene (i have so issue with homosexuality, but my god they really seem to be just rubbing it right in our faces) but also they marrages involving loras, he's meant to be a knight of the kings guard and not the first born son either, its not hard to just say 'oh the tyrell have another son who is heir' grr

Its what made his character unique, now he's bland and boring. He was a blowhard who loved to tell bullshit tall tales. I dont get the change and I dont see why its needed. Hawkman could play suspicious well enough, why take away some levity.

How did you get from Tormund to Vargo Hoat? You're talking about finding humour in a mans disability and I am saying there is humour to be found in Tormounds ridiculous tall tales.

I don't find neither of them funny, this is how I got to Vargo. I just think that laughing at a man's lisp is just as silly as laughing at a man's knob-talk. But I don't want to sound offensive to those who actually did laugh. I apologize for being rude.

agreed Tormund was great i really liked his character in the books, but in the tv show im kinda just like 'yawn' i really hope they try fix him up in the next couple episodes, at least give us a joke or stupid story, or one meantion of his member.

with out comic relief the wildlings all just seem dull angry and boring.. WHYY they where my fave

I don't find neither of them funny, this is how I got to Vargo. I just think that laughing at a man's lisp is just as silly as laughing at a man's knob-talk. But I don't want to sound offensive to those who actually did laugh. I apologize for being rude.

i feel their is a differance between laughing at some ones lisp, and laughing at the way someone makes up silly stories, that he surly couldnt expect us to actually believe. the stories them selves where quite entertaining

If you dont find that sort of talk funny that is fine but there are a lot of people who do. Kevin Smith, Judd Apatow and Seth Rogan have made a living off of it. They can both be equally unfunny to some but ones a disability that a lot of people have and are self conscious about and the other is just a guy expressing his sense of humour. I dont think you were trying to be rude and I was not offended, I just thought the analogy was off. I am glad that it did'nt bother you, I probably am in the minority but I was fond of that character.

If you dont find that sort of talk funny that is fine but there are a lot of people who do. Kevin Smith, Judd Apatow and Seth Rogan have made a living off of it. They can both be equally unfunny to some but ones a disability that a lot of people have and are self conscious about and the other is just a guy expressing his sense of humour. I dont think you were trying to be rude and I was not offended, I just thought the analogy was off. I am glad that it did'nt bother you, I probably am in the minority but I was fond of that character.

Ahah, to be honest, all people who come from my area speak with a very unusual and strange sounding lisp! But I have always found jokes about it very funny (and true). I just wanted to say that, if Tormund's jokes appeared so early in the series, they would have sounded wierd (and would have made him look like a fool); why be so immediately cheerful with someone you don't trust? That said, if Tormund starts making knob jokes from now on, that would work perfectly.

Ahah, to be honest, all people who come from my area speak with a very unusual and strange sounding lisp! But I have always found jokes about it very funny (and true). I just wanted to say that, if Tormund's jokes appeared so early in the series, they would have sounded wierd (and would have made him look like a fool); why be so immediately cheerful with someone you don't trust? That said, if Tormund starts making knob jokes from now on, that would work perfectly.

I could deal with that. There are some people who are just that outgoing that they will say those things to someone they just met. I dont see why he could not just be a lay back guy who is comfortable enough to say whatever he wants to whoever he wants. He is a wildling and there is Mance and Hawkeye to keep an eye on him.

I could deal with that. There are some people who are just that outgoing that they will say those things to someone they just met. I dont see why he could not just be a lay back guy who is comfortable enough to say whatever he wants to whoever he wants. He is a wildling and there is Mance and Hawkeye to keep an eye on him.

You may be right. Personally I've liked this version of Tormund, until now. But I also think the time is ripe for him to lighten up.

I never laughed, not even once. What I found funny was the trick used by Martin to "write" his lisp. That was creative indeed.

I didn't laugh my first time reading because he just creeped me out so bad and I was dying to know what happened, but after a couple re-reads and knowing what was coming I started to find him a little amusing. Probably because of how GRRM wrote him. I think he's meant to be a little amusing in a twisted way.

Tyrion's angst over marrying Sansa pissed me off. Such concern he displayed for her was not in the books. Thanks for whitewashing him again creators! :bang:

He liked the idea of a token pretty wife, all that land he would own, and just assumed some kind words would erase all that his family had done to her- I want to see that Tyrion on the show, dammit!

It was in the book, actually. My memory of the scene was foggy but I re-read it after watching the episode and was actually surprised by how much of what Tyrion said on the show seemed to be pulled directly from the book:

“His Grace the royal pustule has made Sansa’s life a misery since the day her father died, and now that she is finally rid of Joffrey you propose to marry her to me. That seems singularly cruel. Even for you, Father.”

“Why, do you plan to mistreat her?” His father sounded more curious than concerned. “The girl’s happiness is not my purpose, nor should it be yours. Our alliances in the south may be as solid as Casterly Rock, but there remains the north to win, and the key to the north is Sansa Stark.”

“She is no more than a child.”

“Your sister swears she’s flowered. If so, she is a woman, fit to be wed. You must needs take her maidenhead, so no man can say the marriage was not consummated. After that, if you prefer to wait a year or two before bedding her again, you would be within your rights as her husband.”

Shae is all the woman I need just now, he thought, and Sansa’s a girl, no matter what you say. - Storm of Swords

Tyrion even suggests that they give Sansa back to her family as a way to convince Robb to bend the knee - which was not in the show.So yeah, Tyrion is far from a saint but in this instance they were true to his character. He did express these concerns and protests to Tywin in the book.

Archived