New Jon Snow Theory/3 Heads of the Dragon

luck mackin

Little speculation here. Please feel free to correct me if I'm blatently wrong or if you just strongly feel otherwise.

My thought is that Jon dies from his wounds. Melisandre will most likely use her Red Priestess abilities to resurrect him. Martin used some very choice words (salt and smoke) in his stabbing scene which leads me to believe that his resurrection will make him the the Prince that was Promised. His vows only hold him until his death "Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death." This no longer binds him to the Nights Watch. I believe that Tormund and the free folk will steal him away to north of the wall to save the rest of the free folk at Hardhome (or at least to try to). In all of this adventure north of the wall I believe he has the makings to become the King-Beyond-the-Wall. Somewhere in his journies he will come across Bran and Bloodraven where he will be given the valarian steel sword, Dark Sister which is an important artifact from the days of Aegon the Conquorer. By this point I think that Dany will have either made it to Westeros or at least made herself known. Somehow that sword and his thousands of followers will be his token of good faith that will bring Jon and Dany together.

Somewhere in here he has to find out that he's a Targarean. The only people who would know this are Howland Reed (fought with Ned and only other survivor or the fight at the Tower of Joy), Barristan Selmy (maybe - he was part of Aery's court and had a close relationship with Rhegar), and possibly Bran/Bloodraven/Greenseer (who can know anything they want).

I would assume with his new found allegience with Dany he will be given a dragon or will warg with one and take it for himself. It was made clear that he is not immune to fire when he burned his hand saving Joer Mormont for the wight but I think by then he should be pretty good at warging and that will make up for the lack of fire immunity.

So this gives us 2 heads of the Dragon and 2 dragon riders.

The question is, who is the third? Could it be Aegon? Its possible. They make it clear that he is of the Targarean blood line but they also call him The "mummers dragon" which in my mind could either mean he himself is a mummer or its refering to Vary's farce which would mean he is the dragon of the mummer (get it? the Mummer's Dragon...mummers is in a possessive form). I just finished reading the 3 Dunk and Egg books and it really made me think that Aegon might actually be a decendant of Bittersteel and is actually a Dragon Pretender. The Golden Company was created by and for the Blackfyre blood line and not the Targareans, so why would they suddenly reneg on all their history and follow a true Targarean. What Aegon will do is reveal the sword Blackfyre (another Targarean valarian sword) which either he will wield a the 3rd head or he will wield lose and then it will be given to the true 3rd head. But who knows there are tons of Targarean decendants running around. (possible decendents are Darkstar, Varys, Aegon, Tyrion) I guess thats the part I haven't been able to come up with a decent theory on.

Anyway I'm officially nerded out for the time being. Can't wait to hear some responces.

Jon doesn't need Dark Sister. He has a Valyrian steel sword: Longclaw.

He also doesn't need to be King Beyond the Wall to become one of the heads of the dragon. He is Rhaegar's second son and as such has a claim to the IT, especially if Aegon is only a Blackfyre and not Jon's older brother. In fact, if Aegon is a Blackfyre descendant and not Jon's older brother, then Jon's claim to the IT is better than Dany's because a son comes before a sister in the laws of Westerosi succession.

I do like the idea that Jon's death (or close brush with it) frees him from his vows to the Night's Watch. That would help enormously in terms of him taking back the destiny that Rhaegar and Lyanna intended for him.

As for Bran & Bloodraven, I think that while Bloodraven means well, he's letting Bran follow a dangerous path. Bran's abilities are an escape from his life as a cripple, and using gifts like skinchanging as a crutch or escape valve that way is like a drug: the longer you do it, the harder it is to give up and the less appealing going without it is. Bloodraven is a fool to not see that, no matter what plans he had or has for Bran. I don't think Bran's end is going to be a happy one at all. I think he's going to lose himself completely, shedding his physical body for other forms, unless someone from his family brings him back from the edge.

I don't think Jon's going to find him or pull him back even if they do. I think it's going to be Rickon, if anyone can.

I do think that the three heads of the dragon are Jon, Dany and Aegon. After all, a Blackfyre is just a Targ bastard, so even if he is fake, he's got the right bloodline. I don't believe that Tyrion or Varys are secret Targs or Blackfyres. Darkstar and the other Daynes may have Valyrian bloodlines running through them, but I don't think that counts, either.

I dont think jon is dead do think he will remain lord commander though things will drastically change at the wall now, Bran will probally get dark sister and wield through hodor or give it to rickon or whever will hold winterfell, dont think Bran would loose himself hopefully all the remaining Starks will end up with each other but that would be rather hard.

as far as the 3 head i do belive Jon and Dany are two Aegon not sure if he is real or a blackfyre or just an all around fake being used as a puppet.

and in no way is tyrion a secret Targ he is lannister all the way

I do think that the three heads of the dragon are Jon, Dany and Aegon. After all, a Blackfyre is just a Targ bastard, so even if he is fake, he's got the right bloodline. I don't believe that Tyrion or Varys are secret Targs or Blackfyres. Darkstar and the other Daynes may have Valyrian bloodlines running through them, but I don't think that counts, either.

I would like to believe that Tyrion has a good chance of being a Targ-Lan offspring.

It would tie up the death brings life theory common between the potential/known dragon riders. Dany, Jon and Tyrion's parents all died in child birth.....

Tyrion has also pointed out that being a dwarf is like being a bastard, so maybe in a twist of fate Tyrion is a bastard......

Tyrions saddle invention might also be handy when he rides on dragonback....

Jon doesn't need Dark Sister. He has a Valyrian steel sword: Longclaw.

He also doesn't need to be King Beyond the Wall to become one of the heads of the dragon. He is Rhaegar's second son and as such has a claim to the IT, especially if Aegon is only a Blackfyre and not Jon's older brother. In fact, if Aegon is a Blackfyre descendant and not Jon's older brother, then Jon's claim to the IT is better than Dany's because a son comes before a sister in the laws of Westerosi succession.

I do like the idea that Jon's death (or close brush with it) frees him from his vows to the Night's Watch. That would help enormously in terms of him taking back the destiny that Rhaegar and Lyanna intended for him.

As for Bran & Bloodraven, I think that while Bloodraven means well, he's letting Bran follow a dangerous path. Bran's abilities are an escape from his life as a cripple, and using gifts like skinchanging as a crutch or escape valve that way is like a drug: the longer you do it, the harder it is to give up and the less appealing going without it is. Bloodraven is a fool to not see that, no matter what plans he had or has for Bran. I don't think Bran's end is going to be a happy one at all. I think he's going to lose himself completely, shedding his physical body for other forms, unless someone from his family brings him back from the edge.

I don't think Jon's going to find him or pull him back even if they do. I think it's going to be Rickon, if anyone can.

I'm not suggesting that Jon gets to use Dark Sister. I am suggesting that he will get it from the Greenseers and then bring it to Dany as a gift.

If he became King-Beyond-the-Wall he would have many followers which would allow himself to meet Dany as an equal.

I don't think that Jon's claim would be better than Dany's until someone legitimizes him(I'm guessing Dany)

As for the other potential Targs. Tyrion has a lot of weight leaning on him maybe being a Targ. Aerys was known to have raped Tywin's wife. Tywin states numerous times that he can't prove the Tyrions not his son. The last thing he says to him is "you are not my son." Tyrion's mom was Tywin's first cousin so there is definitely some incest going on and the Targs are all imbred as well. Dwarfism could be a result of lots of inbreeding. Also the Red Viper (can't think of how to spell his name) mentions that the rumor was the Tyrion was born with a tale and teeth and scales and sh*t. Although he wasn't, that sounds mighty familiar to Dany's stillborn baby. People might have thought him being a Targ was a possibility.

Varys and Darkstar are a bit far fetched I know. I'm thinking Varys and Illirio old buds and Vary's is a decendent of the Blackfyre line. He always keeps his head shaved. I'm thinking he's an old Blackfyre trying to put a Blackfyre in the throne (Aegon).

With Darkstar they don't say much other than "He's the most dangerous man in westeros" and that he looks a lot like a Targ.

Even if Aegon is not a true Targ he does have the blood of the dragon, he has an army, and he has a brilliant commander, John Connington (for a few more years at least). He's still good enough to mary.

My lastest question is who will move to the Iron Throne after whoever is running the "3 headed dragon" dies? Dany is barron. No baby's. Maybe the 3rd head of the dragon will be another female. Aegon the Conquorer had 2 sisters.

I like the idea that Mellisandre, who we already know at this point a.) truly believes Stannis to be Azor Ahai reborn, and b.) isn't always so great at reading the flames, saw Stannis in the flames not because he's the prophesied one, but rather because she needed Stannis to bring her to Jon. I do believe that Jon is dead, and I think that Mellisandre will bring him back to life just as Thoros brought back Beric and Beric brought back Cat. When this happens, Jon will be convinced of Mellisandre's power in a way that he would not otherwise have been. Perhaps this is why it was fated that Mellisandre first believed Stannis to be Azor Ahai--if she had approached Jon Snow directly, he probably would have laughed her off. Beyond all that, I can't say--but I do think that the prophecy about Azor Ahai will apply to each of the three heads of the dragon. We have already seen Dany reborn amidst salt and smoke; next we will see the same of Jon. The only question that remains is that of who the third head will be. (I'm pretty firmly in the camp that believes that Aegon is the mummer's dragon and thus a pretender to the throne.)

I would like to believe that Tyrion has a good chance of being a Targ-Lan offspring.

It would tie up the death brings life theory common between the potential/known dragon riders. Dany, Jon and Tyrion's parents all died in child birth.....

Tyrion has also pointed out that being a dwarf is like being a bastard, so maybe in a twist of fate Tyrion is a bastard......

Tyrions saddle invention might also be handy when he rides on dragonback....

He also considers being a "son of Lannister" an important part of his identity, such that no matter how much abuse he receives from his father, he still sees Casterly Rock as the holy grail and is willing to go to any lengths to attain that prize.

Meanwhile Jon Snow considers being the "bastard" son of Ned Stark an integral part of his identity.

How ironic if Tyrion turns out to be the "bastard" out of the two of them. Both would also be robbed of something they considered essential to their identity. For Tyrion, being a Lannister,and for Jon, being Ned's son.

The more I think about it the more I like the Jon/Dany/Tyrion as the 3 heads of the dragon idea.

Don't buy the three heads concept. I believe that the three heads was just the prophesy's way of making sure Rhaegar had three children. Rhaegar assumed that Aegon VI was the PTWP. But then says the dragon has three heads, meaning that Rhaegar must birth another child, despite Elia's health. The key isn't "three" but a "third" child - the only one that really matters.

I think Ive written my thoughts regarding three heads more than anything else. I should just make a signature with my thoughts for convenience's sake

when will you people learn that this 3 head thing is about 3 transformations of Jon:Jon,Jon LC,Jon King.Jon Snow,Jon Stark,Jon Targ.Jon human,Jon direwolf,Jon dragon.

that's heavy and i dig it, can you direct me to a post where that is discussed more in depth?

Well, let's go by parts:

Melisandre will most likely use her Red Priestess abilities to resurrect him.

While this is totally plausible, and I also believed in that, I came across a very good theory that Val and Tormund are like priests of the Old Gods. So

now I like to think that Val will also play a part on the ritual to ressurect Jon, giving some balance between Ice and Fire.

I believe that Tormund and the free folk will steal him away to north of the wall to save the rest of the free folk at Hardhome (or at least to try to). In all of this adventure north of the wall I believe he has the makings to become the King-Beyond-the-Wall. Somewhere in his journies he will come across Bran and Bloodraven where he will be given the valarian steel sword, Dark Sister which is an important artifact from the days of Aegon the Conquorer.

Jon won't go to Hardhome with an attack on Castle Black just around the corner. If Jon is still dead/unconcious, neither will Tormund IMO.

The Free Folk who crossed the Wall already see Jon as their new King.

Bran is in no condition to be moving around an icy wasteland filled with wights. Besides Bran is far Northwest of Castle Black, while Hardhome is to the East.

By this point I think that Dany will have either made it to Westeros

Oh you sweet summer child. I lost all hope of that.

Somehow that sword and his thousands of followers will be his token of good faith that will bring Jon and Dany together.

I don't believe in Jon and Dany together. It won't be that simple. Be reminded that there's still the whole situation down in Winterfell, with Stannis and Boltons, which affect Jon's story a lot.

About Jon's Targaryen blood and who is going to tell him:

Howland Reed: He would have to leave Greywater Watch and go to the Wall, which is unlikely. Maybe Jojen and Meera know.

Barristan Selmy: Not. He admited he was not close with Rhaegar.

Bran/Bloodraven: Highly plausible.

This is IF Jon ever fids out he has Targ blood.

Now, some of my personal opinions.

I don't think Jon will be on the run for the IT. His thing is in the North. Even if he's freed from NW's vows, he will influence the politics in the North, but he will go back to the Watch or he will die for good.

GRRM siad there would be a second Dance of the Dragons, but IDK if it would be between Dany/Aegon or Dany/Ironbornwhostoledragon.

that's heavy and i dig it, can you direct me to a post where that is discussed more in depth?

im sorry,but as far as I know,only me and couple of others think that,most think that there will be 3 dragons just because of Targ sigil(who is 1 dragon with 3 heads,not 3 dragons with 3 heads)and because they believe that R wanted 1 son and 2 dauthers.trust me,its transformation

Which is a Bastard Valyrian sword similar in size to Blackfyre. Hmmm :eek:

Longclaw is NOT Blackfyre. Though, it is most likely subtly pointing to Jon's right to BF.

Well clearly, the four front-runners for a head of the dragon position are: Tyrion, Jon, Dany and Aegon.

My opinion:

"Aegon VI" is the mummer's dragon, a farce or a red herring. I don't believe GRRM wants us to figure anything out on our own and was always planning a Targaryen pretender.

Jon isn't dead. Until I see the head I don't have any doubt he will be significant in the future.

Dany is the most experienced leading an army/civilian mix. She is HORRIBLE at it but she can learn to be so much better. She is already pretty good at open warfare so actually fighting anyone out in the opne who opposes her isn't something I'm afraid of.

I'd like to see Tyrion be a head of the dragon but there is no way he is going to get on one of those things. He'll make jokes about it but he won't actually ride the dragon. I know he will be involved with whoever wins the IT though.

Finally, I'd like to see either Victarion, Aeron or both survive! It's a thing I cling to.

I personally dislike the idea of Jon riding a dragon - he is of the North regardless of his blood.

The North faced the others before and they didn't need a dragon then and they dont need one now - they have the Starks. The Kings of Winter will deal with the white walkers like they did thousands of years ago.

Archived