The Return of Gerion?

Swafford25

Ok so Gerion went on a voyage to recover brightroar....So he never returned yet he has never been found dead or alive. Does anyone else think that it is possible that Tyrion could be reunited with his favorite uncle while he is in the Free Cities? I think it would be a great addition to the story to have someone Tyrion actually liked in his family and the only one that liked him back. Anyone else have thoughts on my theory?

Gerion could be the corsair king mentioned in ASoS Dany I who Kraznys mentioned was looking to buy Unsullied and in AFfC The Queenmaker, Garin mentioned had risen in the Basilisk Isles and raided Tall Trees Town. He will bump into Tyrion when Tyrion is crossing the Narrow Sea back to Westeros with Dany.

Well, if Gerion is the Corsair King, he will probably have quite a few ships at his disposal.

Also, if he is still alive, he might well be the Lord of Casterly Rock now. So once Tyrion informs him of everything that happens, I can imagine that he might be happy to go back to Westeros. He might even strike a bargain with Dany. "You get my ships and fealty, I get to keep Casterly Rock."

Well, if Gerion is the Corsair King, he will probably have quite a few ships at his disposal.

Also, if he is still alive, he might well be the Lord of Casterly Rock now. So once Tyrion informs him of everything that happens, I can imagine that he might be happy to go back to Westeros. He might even strike a bargain with Dany. "You get my ships and fealty, I get to keep Casterly Rock."

While I think that it is possible that Gerion might meet Tyrion, who most likely will meet Dany, it would be very confusing. Dany knows that Tywin Lannister had Elia and her children killed and betrayed her father, not to mention that Jaime killed Aerys. Even if Tyrion convinces Dany that he wants to exterminate Cersei and Jaime and introduce himself as Tyrion Lannister, the man who killed his father, there is still the matter of Gerion. I don't think that it was mentioned anywhere that Gerion disliked Tywin. Just like Genna, he didn't really liked the man that Tywin became after Joanna's death and Tyrion's birth. Not to mention that following Gerion's disappearance, Tywin send men to look for his little brother. I find it unlikely that Gerion would forgive Tyrion for killing Tywin and I doubt that he will approve of Tyrion's plans to kill his siblings. An alliance between Dany-Tyrion and Gerion would be very interesting but I cannot see how this will happen.

Gerion could be the corsair king mentioned in ASoS Dany I who Kraznys mentioned was looking to buy Unsullied and in AFfC The Queenmaker, Garin mentioned had risen in the Basilisk Isles and raided Tall Trees Town. He will bump into Tyrion when Tyrion is crossing the Narrow Sea back to Westeros with Dany.

This is what I hope for too. I would really like to see Gerion, and possibly the recovered Brightroar?

I'd like Gerion to return, mainly because I'm fascinated by the Lannisters of Tywin's generation. However, it's unlikely, as I think his disappearance was set up to never be solved or explained.

I'd like Gerion to return, mainly because I'm fascinated by the Lannisters of Tywin's generation. However, it's unlikely, as I think his disappearance was set up to never be solved or explained.

I think different

I think he was hidden, so he can be another force for the Lannisters, or maybe he'll be a good Lannister, as he had no love to Tywin, as Tywin called he's trip to Valyria a loss of time

While I think that it is possible that Gerion might meet Tyrion, who most likely will meet Dany, it would be very confusing. Dany knows that Tywin Lannister had Elia and her children killed and betrayed her father, not to mention that Jaime killed Aerys. Even if Tyrion convinces Dany that he wants to exterminate Cersei and Jaime and introduce himself as Tyrion Lannister, the man who killed his father, there is still the matter of Gerion. I don't think that it was mentioned anywhere that Gerion disliked Tywin. Just like Genna, he didn't really liked the man that Tywin became after Joanna's death and Tyrion's birth. Not to mention that following Gerion's disappearance, Tywin send men to look for his little brother. I find it unlikely that Gerion would forgive Tyrion for killing Tywin and I doubt that he will approve of Tyrion's plans to kill his siblings. An alliance between Dany-Tyrion and Gerion would be very interesting but I cannot see how this will happen.

What if Tywin paid the crew of the Laughing Lion to throw Gerion overboard during the voyage so that he would cause no more shame for House Lannister? The men he sent to find Gerion could have been a ruse.

Archived