Who will sit the iron throne?

Swafford25

Well said, and your argument has plausible theories...but you seem to forget Daenerys Targaryen. Given that Tyrion, the Mage, Mormont, Victarion and others are flocking to Daenerys, once she returns to Meereen she must go to Westeros. She has a Red Priest, three dragons, an Archmaester of the Citadel, Mormont, and Victarion with more than enough ships to take her large army to Westeros. What's to stop her? And please, for the love of God, do not say Aegon. If you believe that Aegon will beat Daenerys, read Fire Eater's idea of how the Dance of Dragons 2.0 will play out, I believe it shall change your mind.

I don't think Dany will leave Essos anytime soon. At least, not until the Kingdom breaks up. She's probably the most powerful claimant right now. Aegon has only the Golden Company, Euron has some of the Ironborn and Stannis is stuck up North with the smallest army.

If she gets to Westeros, I have no doubt that she's going to sit on the Iron Throne. But, I'm not too optimistic on her leaving Essos before all hell breaks loose in Westeros.

Jon's parentage will have an impact on the story. I don't believe GRRM wrote him (still speculation) as the son of Rhaegar and Lyanna for nothing to come out of it.

However, him holding no throne at the end of the story could be part of the bittersweet ending becasue he descends from the blood of two thrones- King in the North (Stark) and the Iron Throne (Targaryen).

I want Jon to become a king but I think its too cliche for GRRM.

However, I think there will be no Iron Throne in the end.

Jon's parentage will have an impact on the story. I don't believe GRRM wrote him (still speculation) as the son of Rhaegar and Lyanna for nothing to come out of it.

However, him holding no throne at the end of the story could be part of the bittersweet ending becasue he descends from the blood of two thrones- King in the North (Stark) and the Iron Throne (Targaryen).

I want Jon to become a king but I think its too cliche for GRRM.

However, I think there will be no Iron Throne in the end.

I always though of Jon as Aemon's heir in the watch of sorts,The one who puts duty before ambition......

There won't be an Iron Throne by the end of the series. The Kingdom will be split, just like it was before Aegon's Conquest.

But I think there are gonna be a couple of people who sit on it before all that happens.

I don't think Tommen will be King for much longer. Varys is lurking in King's Landing, the Tyrells are getting more ambitious and power hungry, and the Lannisters are powerless. I think he's going to die soon, and Myrcella will return from Dorne and be crowned Queen.

I also think Aegon taking King's Landing is inevitable. I don't know how long it's going to take, or how he's going to do it, but he'll eventually kick the Lannisters and Tyrells out of the capital and sit on the Iron Throne.

I think those are the only people who can get the throne right now. Stannis is stuck in the North, trapped by winter and forced to fight the Boltons. I don't think he'll go South ever again.

:agree:

Daenerys will be the one sitting on the iron throne by the end of the series. I think that Jon would be the right person for the iron throne, given his latest development (after he became lord commander) but I doubt this will ever happen,even if R+L= J theory is true.

No one who is claiming the throne by rights will end up on it, they're actually probably going to be dead. If there is a unified throne it will be Jon sitting on it, very reluctantly, out of duty, not desire. He survives because the pack reunites, and survives, and the pack ends up being the ones that rebuild.

Jon/Arya/Sansa, they may not marry like Aegon and his sisters, I can see them acting in concert with one another as king, Mistress of Whisperers (coupled with Bran), Hand. I very strongly believe the important trio of this generation is the three of them, with Bran providing support in the background.

First of all we have to consider Jon. Jon is a Pov character so most likely he will never be a king (no King(not queen) has had a POV chapter). Second is he died at the end of Dance, now people beleive that he may be resurected somehow but how would the people like to have some undead king? I dont think so since they can barely tolerate greyscale. Second, GRRM has told us that several people will sit the throne befor it ends and I think the best candidates for that at this point are Stannis, Aegon, Euron and Daenerys.

There won't be an Iron Throne by the end of the series. The Kingdom will be split, just like it was before Aegon's Conquest.

But I think there are gonna be a couple of people who sit on it before all that happens.

I don't think Tommen will be King for much longer. Varys is lurking in King's Landing, the Tyrells are getting more ambitious and power hungry, and the Lannisters are powerless. I think he's going to die soon, and Myrcella will return from Dorne and be crowned Queen.

I also think Aegon taking King's Landing is inevitable. I don't know how long it's going to take, or how he's going to do it, but he'll eventually kick the Lannisters and Tyrells out of the capital and sit on the Iron Throne.

I think those are the only people who can get the throne right now. Stannis is stuck in the North, trapped by winter and forced to fight the Boltons. I don't think he'll go South ever again.

As to who I want to sit the Iron Throne...it's Stannis. He's just, dutiful, and the only claimant who actually cares about what happens to Westeros. I also think the commoners will prosper under his rule, cause he won't allow corruption to go unpunished, and everyone will be treated equally.

Actually, if Tommen were to die, wouldn't Stannis be the rightful king? In the second book, I think he offered Renly to rename him as his heir if he would surrender, unless Stannis would pop out any male heirs. If you look at that, it would seem that uncles come before daughters/sisters, right? Therefore, Myrcella should not be crowned queen. On the other hand, she has to become queen, according to the valonqar-prophecy. My guess is that maybe Arianne's complot counted as her being queen?

Actually, if Tommen were to die, wouldn't Stannis be the rightful king? In the second book, I think he offered Renly to rename him as his heir if he would surrender, unless Stannis would pop out any male heirs. If you look at that, it would seem that uncles come before daughters/sisters, right? Therefore, Myrcella should not be crowned queen. On the other hand, she has to become queen, according to the valonqar-prophecy. My guess is that maybe Arianne's complot counted as her being queen?

A Sister legally comes before an uncle, iirc. If Tommen THEN Myrcella dies, then... Stannis would be legally king anyways. (I personally would love the irony. Though at that point, I think we'd have several revivals of the old titles... King in the Reach, King of Mountain and Vale, King of the Rock...)

He offered to give Renly an exception, to sweeten the deal so to speak. If it weren't already the deal, why would he bring it up?

You might have a point there. I think uncles do come before sisters. A female may only rule if there are no males in the Royal family. But, I don't think that would matter anyway. Stannis is branded a traitor and a rebel. Also, no one in King's Landing would be keen on serving up the Iron Throne to a man they fought against.

This

Stannis days are counted since now we have two Targaryens around, and one with 3 dragons. Also I don't think he's that relevant as a character. He's always been used to develop other characters and the plot.

I don't think Aegon will sit on the iron throne. I think it will be revealed he is not Rhaegar's son, and will end up dying.

That one Targ had three dragons before Stannis ever showed up in the story (besides being mentioned by others). Since then Stannis did so much more for Westeros than any Targ, besides maybe Jon (if he is one). He might not make it to the end, we don't know that. but he's very relevant.

Well said, and your argument has plausible theories...but you seem to forget Daenerys Targaryen. Given that Tyrion, the Mage, Mormont, Victarion and others are flocking to Daenerys, once she returns to Meereen she must go to Westeros. She has a Red Priest, three dragons, an Archmaester of the Citadel, Mormont, and Victarion with more than enough ships to take her large army to Westeros. What's to stop her? And please, for the love of God, do not say Aegon. If you believe that Aegon will beat Daenerys, read Fire Eater's idea of how the Dance of Dragons 2.0 will play out, I believe it shall change your mind.

We know there are a lot of people moving towards her, but that doesn't mean they'll all help her. I see Tyrion scheming for his own good, becoming more of a background plotter like LF and Varys. Victarion can cause a lot of trouble too with the dragon horn. Also the only one who can change my mind about how this will end up is GRRM when i read the next books.

The Chief Other. Just wait.

Nah, I don't forsee any of the current contenders taking the IT by this point... I think the most realistic outcome is that Tommen dies, Myrcella dies, and the Lords Paramount go: "F This!" and simply all secede, reforming the Kingdoms of the Reach, Rock, Trident, and Mountain and Vale.

First of all we have to consider Jon. Jon is a Pov character so most likely he will never be a king (no King(not queen) has had a POV chapter). Second is he died at the end of Dance, now people beleive that he may be resurected somehow but how would the people like to have some undead king? I dont think so since they can barely tolerate greyscale. Second, GRRM has told us that several people will sit the throne befor it ends and I think the best candidates for that at this point are Stannis, Aegon, Euron and Daenerys.

lol :lmao:

Where did this POV characters can't sit on the Iron Throne thing come from? Just because it hasn't happened so far doesn't mean it wont.

I think that one who is going to rule will be either Aegon is going rule but the power would shift towards great council were all the great houses in Westeros will have their seat at.

The Chief Other. Just wait.

Nah, I don't forsee any of the current contenders taking the IT by this point... I think the most realistic outcome is that Tommen dies, Myrcella dies, and the Lords Paramount go: "F This!" and simply all secede, reforming the Kingdoms of the Reach, Rock, Trident, and Mountain and Vale.

but If the others would win then I could see Chief other.

That one Targ had three dragons before Stannis ever showed up in the story (besides being mentioned by others). Since then Stannis did so much more for Westeros than any Targ, besides maybe Jon (if he is one). He might not make it to the end, we don't know that. but he's very relevant.

We know there are a lot of people moving towards her, but that doesn't mean they'll all help her. I see Tyrion scheming for his own good, becoming more of a background plotter like LF and Varys. Victarion can cause a lot of trouble too with the dragon horn. Also the only one who can change my mind about how this will end up is GRRM when i read the next books.

I respectfully disagree. Tyrion has a better sense of wrong and right than you think, and I think that he'll genuinely try to help Dany. Not that he won't be rewarded, and he'll make sure that he is (*cough cough* Casterly Rock *cough* *cough*). But Tyrion is the only one, IMO, that wouldn't help her, and I believe that he will. Why would the others not help her, I ask you?

Archived