Jon and the future - spoilers

rumple9

Just occurred to me that if Jon is killed at the end of ADWD and he somehow get brought back to life (like many other characters in the books) the this would potentially relieve him of his nights watch vows ? Also if R+L=J and R & L were married then Jon could legitaimately take the throne?

Just occurred to me that if Jon is killed at the end of ADWD and he somehow get brought back to life (like many other characters in the books) the this would potentially relieve him of his nights watch vows ? Also if R+L=J and R & L were married then Jon could legitaimately take the throne?

I'm hoping that Jon lives through his wounds and there is no need for a resurrection. But honestly, with the first chapter in the book describing how a warg can enter into his animal upon the death of his human body, it makes me wonder if that wasn't foreshadowing what will happen with Jon. Maybe Jon after Jon Wargs, Mel takes his body and attempts to burn it, but since he's AA, something happens and the fire resurrects him back to what he was before (aka, not a Zombie UnJon).

I took the entire prologue as a foreshadow of what's going to happen to Jon. His Direwolf is a second life worthy of a King after all.

But I don't think Jon's story is going to end well for him ultimately. He's one of the most "Good" characters around. He has an awesome sword, he's potentially the Heir to the Iron Throne, Heir to the Norther Throne, Commander of the Nights Watch, and Azor Ahai reborn. He simply has far too much going for him for any of it to work out well.

He's one of my favorite characters but I think horrible things are in store for him ultimately.

Archived