Jon the Conqueror and his two sisters? (wargs!)

Versiroth

Actually, GRRM's dragons are two-legged. Their front limbs are wings and their back limbs are legs, like flying dinosaurs and birds.

Interesting. Recent work in Paleontology tends towards the view that Dinosaurs were warm blooded. Dragons are "fire made flesh". I speculated in another thread that dragons are warm blooded as well. It would seem that you might agree.

THIS; Being "blood of the dragon" simply doesn't mean what Dany thinks it means. The reader is led to believe that she has some sort of familial relation to her dragons the way the Starks have to their wolves; hence the warg comparison. The reason for this misdirection, is that Dany repeats it (over and over and over again, until you believe the lie); and I believe it's misdirection, plain and simple. There is far more evidence that her bond to the dragons is magical, induced by the spells of Mirri Maaz Duur, than that she and her "Targness" (If you will) had anything to do with them hatching.

She still has the chance of becoming a dragon-lord (is the word "dragon binder" even used in the book? Don't have a pdf version, it's hard to search ) and for that (according to the wiki) she will need to use sorcery, that dragon-horn, whips even, and training, like the old Valyrian dragonlords did. Her control of the dragons is NOT familial, or warg-like.

I have the highest suspicions that "Blood of the Dragon" does anything other than give you platinum hair, purple eyes and a false sense of entitlement.

Well, now that you have see the tidbits on offer from "The Princess and the Queen" are you going to stick to this or consider the possibility that dragon bonding does indeed require Valyrian ancestry?

I think looking back on things it is clear Sansa is a Warg and a fairly powerful one.

Sounds pretty much like Sansa.

Anyway the Starks are Ice and not fire, so they will not be conquering Weesteros the Fire and Blood way.

Exactly. The Stark children had been warging their direwolves from the very beginning, they just didn't know it. The animals have their personality because the children live through them (except for Rickon who has the wolf's personality since he began warging as a 3 years old without any guidance). Sansa for example in one of her earlier chapters would dream of Lady, and after Lady dies she often wishes the direwolf was with her. I think there will be a trigger at some point that will make all the Stark children embrace their inner wolf (Jon's death perhaps?)

Small addition found in the page on the Freehold:

As for your comment, Versiroth, here's a little gem:

Nothing necessarily points at the reason for this being warging, though.

True: when you look at Dany's bloodline it is not watered down to much. whatever blood magic she used seemed to work. hence why Valaryians married with in famalies so often. Second point warging is a big deal---- it nullifies the dragons on the field of battle. For instance if Jon or Bran at this point have a dragon near or around them I feel that at first it might be a struggle however eventually they will be able to control said dragon. This would make them a powerful piece on any ones field of choice. Now if the girls of house stark also begin to use their abilities then we will have an awesome show of how effective this warging ability can be. Now lets remember Varymyr described each animal and how hard they were to warg. Think about a dragon. So at this point Jon and Bran are the only ones who come close to this ability and have had a two year training period ( Bran a little more) The girls just have a little they will need to catch up.

True: when you look at Dany's bloodline it is not watered down to much. whatever blood magic she used seemed to work. hence why Valaryians married with in famalies so often. Second point warging is a big deal---- it nullifies the dragons on the field of battle. For instance if Jon or Bran at this point have a dragon near or around them I feel that at first it might be a struggle however eventually they will be able to control said dragon. This would make them a powerful piece on any ones field of choice. Now if the girls of house stark also begin to use their abilities then we will have an awesome show of how effective this warging ability can be. Now lets remember Varymyr described each animal and how hard they were to warg. Think about a dragon. So at this point Jon and Bran are the only ones who come close to this ability and have had a two year training period ( Bran a little more) The girls just have a little they will need to catch up.

ummm youre wrong only arya and bran have skinchanged before, jon has only warged

It's obvious that Dany will try to conquer Westeros with her Dragons. Which honestly makes it actually happening equal almost nil. When does GRRM ever do anything that's completely predictable?

Are you suggesting that in each book everything he does is completely unpredictable? I think that's a bit too much praise. He does predictable things just like other authors, he just happens to have a knack for subverting the usual tropes. I'm sure a little bit of thread searching will show that many things people saw coming (though some claims may just be false braggers.)

So I don't think its very productive to say things like "x won't happen because its predictable." If this forum didn't exist, most of these theories wouldn't be considered predictable.

Are you suggesting that in each book everything he does is completely unpredictable? I think that's a bit too much praise. He does predictable things just like other authors, he just happens to have a knack for subverting the usual tropes. I'm sure a little bit of thread searching will show that many things people saw coming (though some claims may just be false braggers.)

So I don't think its very productive to say things like "x won't happen because its predictable." If this forum didn't exist, most of these theories wouldn't be considered predictable.

Thats very true he does predictable things like other authors, the red wedding was predictable from the house of the undying in book 2

Also true that if this forum existed alot of things wouldn't be predictable.

Have to agree with this. Bran and Varamyr are basically comatose when they are warging. How could you do that while on the back of a dragon?

There is some sort of connection between dragons and dragonriders but I think warging or skinchanging is maybe not the best description.

Ikr if if its not on dragon back and lets say someone trys to steal drogon by warging, a soldier can kill them in their comatose state and they will be stuck as a dragon, so its a dangerous thing to do.

I'm not even sure dragons can be warged, since they are fire made flesh, I have a felling someone will attempt it and they will die.

if i recall correctly there was a mention that valyrians controlled the dragons by fire and blood magic.

Also dany seems to have decent control over drogon.

Ikr if if its not on dragon back and lets say someone trys to steal drogon by warging, a soldier can kill them in their comatose state and they will be stuck as a dragon, so its a dangerous thing to do.

I'm not even sure dragons can be warged, since they are fire made flesh, I have a felling someone will attempt it and they will die.

i think dragons can be warged, but have not been. Maybe wargs were the reason valyrians didn't conquer westeros

Assume they are doing it behind a line of guards...

Also I don't buy the comatose argument - Arya is not comatose as she she with cats, and once 'captured' A skinchangers animals seem to behave even if not directly controlled.

Possibly but suppose even if it fails if it provokes the kind of fight Six Skins had in trying to take the spear wife it at least removes the Dragons from the battlefield and maybe dumps their rider.

Also dany seems to have decent control over drogon.

Not compared to the Stark management of their wolfs (or other skinchangers) - I don't recall Ned paying out blood money to small folk for dead babies

i think dragons can be warged, but have not been. Maybe wargs were the reason valyrians didn't conquer westeros

Right. We were just saying, with regards to the OP that Valyrians that had dragons were not skinchangers or wargs. Not that Bran or someone could not warg a dragon but that warging a dragon is not needed to ride one.

We all assume the new three headed dragon will center around Dany, because they hatched for her, but what if it ends up being centered around Jon?

:agree: Jon Snow is the 3headed dragon and it has nothing to do with Dany or Jon the conqueror. Jon is not a conqueror.

Archived