If Cersei married Rhaegar

Swan Targ

You think one of Aerys biggest mistakes was to not marry Rhaegar to Cersei just to piss off Tywin?

Kevan Lannister, and Cersei herself mentioned one of the things that made Rhaegar take interest in Lyanna Stark was that Elia was too fragile, not fit to have a lot of children. And both say that if Cersei married Rhaegar, he would never look at the "Stark girl" and they would have a lot of kids together.

Maybe Cersei would end her incestuous relationship with Jaime? Her bastards wouldn't be born?

Oh my gawd. If Cersei had married Rheagar, everything would have been better. You can link so much grief to that bad call. Which, to be fair, is one of the many many bad calls Aerys made during his lifetime.

I'm not in the camp that thinks Rheagar would legitimately judge a woman by her fitness as a breeder. I think he just didn't love Elia. There didn't even need to be a specific reason for it. Sometimes that just happens.

Could have, would have, should have. The thing is we don`t know and we`ll never find out.

I don`t think Aerys`s biggest mistake was rejecting Cersei. In terms of his relationship with Tywin, Aerys` biggest mistake was naming Jaime as Kingsguard. As for Lyanna, that was bound to happen no matter who was Rhaegar`s wife.

I don't think Rhaegar was interested in Lyanna because a fault with Elia. I think he was specifically interested in having a child of a Targ and a Stark. In that scenario, wedding Cersei would not have prevented the affair.

I honestly don't know if this would have prevented Cersei's incest however. That, if I remember correctly, had been started before they were married. I'm not sure even having a decent husband (assuming Rhaegar would be decent, or at least more so than King Bob) would have been enough for them to end their relationship.

Because of this, Cersei marrying Rhaegar doesn't really change that much. Robert's Rebellion would still have taken place. And Tywin would probably have still sacked King's Landing, he just would have spared Cersei.

I don't think Rhaegar was interested in Lyanna because a fault with Elia. I think he was specifically interested in having a child of a Targ and a Stark. In that scenario, wedding Cersei would not have prevented the affair.

I honestly don't know if this would have prevented Cersei's incest however. That, if I remember correctly, had been started before they were married. I'm not sure even having a decent husband (assuming Rhaegar would be decent, or at least more so than King Bob) would have been enough for them to end their relationship.

Because of this, Cersei marrying Rhaegar doesn't really change that much. Robert's Rebellion would still have taken place. And Tywin would probably have still sacked King's Landing, he just would have spared Cersei.

I actually believe an alliance formed by Targaryen/Lannister wedding would prevent Tywin from joining Bob's side

The thing is that Aerys humiliated Tywin a lot, the denying of the wedding was of those.

I donno, think about it.

Rheagar marries Cersei. Cersei is infatuated with Rheagar. Cersei stays in Kings Landing. Tywin and Jaimie return to Casterly Rock. Jaime remains heir to Casterly Rock. Cersei gets pregnant by Rheagar. Crown has access to basically unlimited funds because of Lannister connection, the sack of Kings Landing never happens.

Cersei was sure she could fix Rheagar's wounded heart when they were married. The wildcard would be how Rheagar took to her. If he came to love her (she does have a lot of fire in her, and Targs love that), and she bore him the three children he wanted, and he came to respect her spirit, then it's possible that he could resist the siren call of Lyanna the She-Wolf when she was revealed in all her awesomeness. Lyanna is never "abducted." Her father and brother never demand her return. They are never executed.

Basically Robert's Rebellion never happens. Rheagar becomes king and sets about fixing everything. The kingdom prospers.

Cersei was 10 years old or so when Tywin offered her hand to Rhaegar and was refused, so she most likely hadn't begun sleeping with Jaime at the time.

Cersei was 10 years old or so when Tywin offered her hand to Rhaegar and was refused, so she most likely hadn't begun sleeping with Jaime at the time.

She also drew pictures of her and Rheagar riding on dragons and clearly daydreamed about him. She was all set to be happily married to the beautiful dragon prince.

If Cersei had married Rhaegar, Rhaegar would have been miserable too just like Robert, the way she guards her cunt its like all the gold of castely rock is between her legs.

Robert whored, fathered bastards with impunity, drank, hit her and called her by other women's names. And you wonder why she never wanted to sleep with him?

You think one of Aerys biggest mistakes was to not marry Rhaegar to Cersei just to piss off Tywin?

Kevan Lannister, and Cersei herself mentioned one of the things that made Rhaegar take interest in Lyanna Stark was that Elia was too fragile, not fit to have a lot of children. And both say that if Cersei married Rhaegar, he would never look at the "Stark girl" and they would have a lot of kids together.

Maybe Cersei would end her incestuous relationship with Jaime? Her bastards wouldn't be born?

That statement was made by cercei a woman who has way too high an opinion of herself. Robert was handsome, king why didnt she make him forget about some "stark girl", she tells herself what she needs to for her ego.

Robert whored, fathered bastards with impunity, drank, hit her and called her by other women's names. And you wonder why she never wanted to sleep with him?

There's one passage in FFC that Cersei thinks about how sometimes she imagined it was Rhaegar doing her while Robert did it

That statement was made by cercei a woman who has way too high an opinion of herself. Robert was handsome, king why didnt she make him forget about some "stark girl", she tells herself what she needs to for her ego.

Kevan also thinks that. Last chapter in DwD

yeah i know about that, both of them are at fault in their marriage, Robert more so, but cersei would have taken Jaime in her bed no matter who she married, even if she was looking forward to marry Rhaegar, Cersei was just as bad as Robert and has proved that she is more evil than Robert, now i am not saying Robert is not a fault, forcing himself on to cersei against her wishes is wrong and whoring as well.

Archived